ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeezy hype makes it fun. Actually hype around anything limited is 65% of the lure for me....other 35% is actual aesthetics and comfort.

Oversaturation hurts resellers not Adidas.  Adidas would make more money in the short term if they made more pairs available.

Of course it hurts Adidas, whole thing about yeezys is about creating hype for the brand, not about making money with the few shoes they're selling. They don't need to think short term.

Yeah but lets be real. There is a sweet spot in there where you maximize company profit while still building a brand. Adidas is figuring it out it seems since the V2 had higher production numbers than the V1.

I think jordan hit it more spot on with the Banned 1s. They were still hard to obtain but they did put a decent amount out there.

The only customers sneakers brands lose due to "over saturation" are the people who are care about having ultra exclusive shoes. The majority of the average footwear buyer doesn't care about that, and a large portion of fashion/streetwear/sneaker minded people don't care about that either.

Hype can't be sustained. If hype could be sustained long term then people would still be paying double retail for GR Jordans.

Adidas can double production on 350s and they'll still sellout easily. 750s are a bit expensive and aren't a universally liked style so upping production on them would probably lead to pairs sitting in some places.

But the 750's are regarded as the "premium" model. In the real world NOW after the hype adidas has gotten they would fly.

Not in the real world. There aren't a lot of people that would pay $350 for 750s if they weren't limited and Yeezys.

More people tend to just like 350s based on design regardless of the Yeezy affiliation.
​I'm pretty sure the V2's, specifically the Belugas would sit if they weren't Yeezys. In fact I remember the majority of people in here stating they were ugly, that seems to have all changed now. For the 750's I'm not really sure. The tubular invader strap are very similar and they do sell out but of course they are at a lower price point.

​I'm pretty sure the V2's, specifically the Belugas would sit if they weren't Yeezys. In fact I remember the majority of people in here stating they were ugly, that seems to have all changed now. For the 750's I'm not really sure. The tubular invader strap are very similar and they do sell out but of course they are at a lower price point.
While I own the TB750's already, I probably only want 1 more pair of these max in a lighter color.  They are not the most comfortable shoe to wear by any means, especially for a long period of time.  

With that being said, they look great, just not nearly as comfortable as the 350's.  

But the 750's are regarded as the "premium" model. In the real world NOW after the hype adidas has gotten they would fly.
adidas has tons of premium models already out in the market that dont fly though. theyre successful for sure but dont sell lout like the 750s do because of their hype factor. see y-3, raf simons, rick owens. if you took away the hype from the 750 model in particular it would perform like the 950 and the crepe boot.

at the end of the day, premium shoes at premium prices arent what the average consumer is buying.

While the colorway isn't the best to some of us, the shoes still have the same profile we loved in V1s and it's undeniable that they are very comfortable.

The $350 retail price on 750s would be the biggest problem if they were to release in greater numbers.

LOL @ THE BLACK 750 BASH. DONT GET ME WRONG THAT SOLE IS WAY TOO BRIGHT BUT THERE'S MAD BASHING LIKE FOLKS ARE GOING TO OUT RIGHT PASS COME RD

@mrdeeds They're either ignorant or not trying to think logically.

Walk into any high end store and you'll see $350 plus shoes sitting forever. Most consumers today are complaining about Jordan retail when they gladly paid double retail when hype was at an all time high.

Ultraboost hype is going away with all the restocks. NMDS are even as comfortable, but all their chips are in marketing that right now. Yeezy gonna Yeezy but look at the prices now. $600 which is still good profit but not the cash cow it once was.

Last edited:
adidas has tons of premium models already out in the market that dont fly though. theyre successful for sure but dont sell lout like the 750s do because of their hype factor. see y-3, raf simons, rick owens. if you took away the hype from the 750 model in particular it would perform like the 950 and the crepe boot.

at the end of the day, premium shoes at premium prices arent what the average consumer is buying.

But it has the Yeezy affiliation, period.

I cant stand that whole "if they didnt have Ye's name attached to it" biz. Its like those images where once you see it, it cant be unseen.

Of course it hurts Adidas, whole thing about yeezys is about creating hype for the brand, not about making money with the few shoes they're selling. They don't need to think short term.
Over saturation absolutely doesn't hurt adidas. Prime example is the NMD line. NMDs release what seems like weekly and 90% of them sell out and the hype behind those aren't no where near what yeezys are.

Last edited:
Would Ultra Boosts be as big as they are now if Kanye didn't wear them at the beginning?  No. 

Would NMDs sell out everytime they're released if Adidas didn't have all the attention because of Kanye?  No. 

Would the resurgence of Stan Smith's of happened if there wasn't such a focus on Adidas nowadays?  No. 

Would Adidas's stock continue to spike if they didn't have Kanye?  No. 

Will every 350/750 continue to sell out no matter what the production is?  Yes.  

But it has the Yeezy affiliation, period.

I cant stand that whole "if they didnt have Ye's name attached to it" biz. Its like those images where once you see it, it cant be unseen.

I'm not saying that Kanye's name is what sells them or not. I'm saying that if you took away the hype by meeting demand, what's different about these that won't make them move similarly to Kanye's other shoes? Like the 950s or the Crepes which do have his name but was produced in quantities where those that wanted them could buy them. All of adidas designer lines do well for what they are, but take away the exclusiveness and the limited numbers what makes these different from any other adidas x designer high end premium shoe? What would make the 750 different if it was produced in Y-3 Qasa high numbers?

I'm not saying that Kanye's name is what sells them or not. I'm saying that if you took away the hype by meeting demand, what's different about these that won't make them move similarly to Kanye's other shoes? Like the 950s or the Crepes which do have his name but was produced in quantities where those that wanted them could buy them. All of adidas designer lines do well for what they are, but take away the exclusiveness and the limited numbers what makes these different from any other adidas x designer high end premium shoe? What would make the 750 different if it was produced in Y-3 Qasa high numbers?

Depends if you asked that question now or before the first release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom