ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[somebody remind me again(serious), why a company would sell 50k of something @$X when they could sell 1million of something at the same $X

Somebody made it sound logical once, but I forgot the logic, and now I'm back to calling Adidas idiots( I'm probably salty)

its like Phil telling Melo, don't worry, sign this max deal to stay and we going to put the pieces around you.

What the hell can Melo do about it now but cry about how unhappy he is?

Sales pitch. I tell lies everyday at work.

View media item 1604400

[somebody remind me again(serious), why a company would sell 50k of something @$X when they could sell 1million of something at the same $X

Somebody made it sound logical once, but I forgot the logic, and now I'm back to calling Adidas idiots( I'm probably salty)
Profit margin is higher if they keep it low I believe. Along with keeping people thirsty for more.

at the end of the day, Nike/Adidas business matters more than Kanye. You guys really thought they were going to make his shoes that easily available? 94% of you would not like that at all.
It's true. I'll admit I'm part of that crowd. I think we all are. I mean look at what happened with the Roshe. Two, three years ago, everyone on this forum was all about that shoe when nobody was wearing them and nobody knew about them. Now every other kid you see below 21 is wearing them and nobody is about them anymore.

We all like the limited aspect. It's part of the reason why this is a hobby and not just an article of clothing. We all love the hunt, the sport of the thing. The trophy.

Last edited:

It's true. I'll admit I'm part of that crowd. I think we all are. I mean look at what happened with the Roshe. Two, three years ago, everyone on this forum was all about that shoe when nobody was wearing them and nobody knew about them. Now every every other kid you see below 21 is wearing them and nobody is about them anymore. 

We all like the limited aspect. It's part of the reason why this is a hobby and not just an article of clothing. We all love the hunt, the sport of the thing. The trophy.
Nah, I aint Kraven The Hunter B. I just want some shoes to wear.

If there were 1 million of these nobody would want them. That's the logic.

Nah, I aint Kraven The Hunter B. I just want some shoes to wear.
laugh.gif

I know what you mean but you gotta admit there's something about waking up early in the AM every weekend and desperatly trying to claw through the checkout process  before someone else snags your pair. I'm not saying I pick what shoes I want based on how limited they are, I'm just saying I get a rush from the whole ridiculous and stupid process, if that makes sense

It's true. I'll admit I'm part of that crowd. I think we all are. I mean look at what happened with the Roshe. Two, three years ago, everyone on this forum was all about that shoe when nobody was wearing them and nobody knew about them. Now every every other kid you see below 21 is wearing them and nobody is about them anymore. 

I stopped buying roshe's when they started to go a different route with that line. They got everyone thirsty for the simple Anthracites, Iguana's, Siren Reds, Calypsos, Big Red and then when the thirst was at an all time high, bam, ugly af cw's came out, and people ate them up.

The way Nike handled Roshe's was brilliant.

Limitedness is way down the line for me. Too old for that. I didn't cop these because they were yeezy's. Literally thought ROshe's came out with something clever and thought i was being sucked back in. The look on my face when i found out they were Yeezy's. I was disappointed, but not because they were Yeezy's, but because i knew they would be hard to get.

Profit margin is not higher....

Profit margin is the difference between the cost to produce/distribute and the final amount the company pocketed after tax.

On a per shoe basis the profit is the same as long as the retail price is the same.

Total profits would be higher with more volume assuming they sold off all the pairs.

Cmon now...

The fear for these companies is overproducing and having product sit on shelves, take up space, go on sale etc.

Last edited:
This is true but for probably a very very small %.

Most of the people who were able to grab a pair will never have an on foot pic.

Most people post "just copped"

When they really should save that post until they've flipped the shoes and then post...."just sold them for 300%return"

I stopped buying roshe's when they started to go a different route with that line. They got everyone thirsty for the simple Anthracites, Iguana's, Siren Reds, Calypsos, Big Red and then when the thirst was at an all time high, bam, ugly af cw's came out, and people ate them up.

The way Nike handled Roshe's was brilliant.
You're right, it was brilliant. I feel you on the direction thing. I love my Sport Reds and Sirens. A half size too big so I don't wear them as much anymore, but all the tie die and camo and **** that they have on them now is ridic...it's appealing to the high-schooler nike high socks pulled all the way up and basketball shorts crowd, which is the exact crowd that picks up a shoe as soon as it becomes popular and widely availible. Personally, I don't really wanna associate with that crowd, and if something like these or Retro 1 OGs were as available as everyone would want them to be, we'd all be roped in with them. 

This is true but for probably a very very small %.

Most of the people who were able to grab a pair will never have an on foot pic.

Most people post "just copped"

When they really should save that post until they've flipped the shoes and then post...."just sold them for 300%return"
True, sad but true. Mine'll be going right to feet 
smokin.gif

:lol:

I know what you mean but you gotta admit there's something about waking up early in the AM every weekend and desperatly trying to claw through the checkout process  before someone else snags your pair.

I absolutely hate this part of the game. Its why I pay resell on 80% of the shoes i purchase per year. I don't have time for raffles, waking up early to strike out. Kids/Family time more important. This was one of those cases where i happened to be at the right place at the right time.

I just like what I like and wear what I like. I was all about these joints 6 mos ago when most weren't and still am. Call me silly, crazy, what have you, but I think Fragment 1s are plain boring. I much prefer these Yeezys, especially for an everyday type shoe. But I know peeps gonna model shoot 347 poses and post on the Gram 45 times to let the world know they got em, just because they're limited. :rolleyes

Edit: was referring to anything limited, esp Frag 1s

Last edited:
You're right, it was brilliant. I feel you on the direction thing. I love my Sport Reds and Sirens. A half size too big so I don't wear them as much anymore, but all the tie die and camo and **** that they have on them now is ridic...it's appealing to the high-schooler nike high socks pulled all the way up and basketball shorts crowd, which is the exact crowd that picks up a shoe as soon as it becomes popular and widely availible. Personally, I don't really wanna associate with that crowd, and if something like these or Retro 1 OGs were as available as everyone would want them to be, we'd all be roped in with them. 

they took a simple $75 shoe and killed it for me. You couldn't find a better deal for shoes. I stocked up on 8 pairs of anthracite when they did that first restock, months after the OG's. I would put a new pair on every 3 months. It was my favorite all around shoe for its purpose.

Then i stumbled into flyknit racers and chukka's and the rest was history. I thought roshe's were comfortable until the flyknit came into my life

Look forward to hopefully putting these 350's on. They look so damn comfy

I just like what I like and wear what I like. I was all about these joints 6 mos ago when most weren't and still am. Call me silly, crazy, what have you, but I think Fragment 1s are plain boring. I much prefer these Yeezys, especially for an everyday type shoe. But I know peeps gonna model shoot 347 poses and post on the Gram 45 times to let the world know they got em, just because they're limited.
eyes.gif

Edit: was referring to anything limited, esp Frag 1s
post content to username irony ratio at a hunna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom