ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

any kanye related footwear is gonna be fly off the shelves...the clothing may sit until they go sale
nah i meant a line of shoes. kanye proved he couldn't sell 70 dollar tshirts already. with the black version of the yeezy3  confirmed, i am thinking the current ones are "rare" and future colorways will be GR - still at $350 retail. 

i dont think adidas wants to scare the **** out of customers with a +$400 price tag... 

I think the biggest thing was Adidas underestimated the YEEZY.

Servers can be upgraded. Someone probably shot down the idea of backing something up or throwing extra resources at this release.

Plain and simple, Adidas underestimated Kanye West
there is no chance this happened lol 

Last edited:
Nope. It just doesn't make sense to spend the money to just upgrade their servers for one release. They'd rather save money and wait out the release. 

99% of the people who bought or attempted to buy the yeezys today haven't bought an adidas product in YEARS (I'm willing to bet since the T-mac) line. 

Why would they spend the money on customers who are more than likely NOT going to buy any other of their products

What's confusing is how the market isn't flooded with email confirmation. Am i missing something. Size 9 has one email on eBay

I can't be mad at Ye. This is all Adidas doing. Anyway $350 saved. I'm hoping for an all black colorway

Last edited:

Nope. It just doesn't make sense to spend the money to just upgrade their servers for one release. They'd rather save money and wait out the release. 

99% of the people who bought or attempted to buy the yeezys today haven't bought an adidas product in YEARS (I'm willing to bet since the T-mac) line. 

Why would they spend the money on customers who are more than likely NOT going to buy any other of their products
99% huh? #NTStatistics

eyes.gif
frown.gif
happy.gif
tired.gif

That an fact he did zippers an not Velcro think bout the three strap Velcro jus let it simmer from the 90s instant success /retro

Can our IT brethren comment on
do you really think adidas would spend a ton of money to make a really smooth check out process for one shoe? in the grand scheme of things the yeezys are just supposed to be cool enough so that you look at other adidas shoes/products

So if they're not gonna spend money to upgrade the servers, how much revenue was lost in sales between 12-4'ish while the site was down??

Can our IT brethren comment on a web servers capacity to handle traffic then. Cause I'm no IT guy, just someone who wants some answers. Like most of us.
I work IT for the state.. one of my old coworkers now works for TaylorMade. He told me earlier today that Adidas IT infrastructure is garbage, and that the servers were probably overrun by asian resellers via proxy. True story.

So what happened to everyone hating and passing on these?
laugh.gif

What happened to these going to be easily attainable? What happened to hold off everyone will get a pair? Like I said before, these are and will be limited. Stop dreaming that these will restock every few months or that they will be easy to get. Regardless what Kanye says, Adidas will do what they want to. They will not over saturate the market because if they do, no one will want the low's and possibly other products. Look what Nike has built on a weekly basis just off hype and limited releases. Adidas will make all  Yeezy products limited or somewhat in low numbers but will just have multiple releases so that more people have a chance of getting a pair.  

Just my 2 cents

So if they're not gonna spend money to upgrade the servers, how much revenue was lost in sales between 12-4'ish while the site was down??
Not that much imo. because the people who actually do buy adidas will either 1) come back tomorrow 2) or cop from another site. 

do you really think adidas would spend a ton of money to make a really smooth check out process for one shoe? in the grand scheme of things the yeezys are just supposed to be cool enough so that you look at other adidas shoes/products
Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom