ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if we can only get the shoes on the adidas app and the app only works in NYC... how do other people outside of NYC cop?

It says very clearly in the app several times that it is being released first in NYC, and then will eventually release in other cities in the future. So if you're not in NYC, you'll have to be patient until they release in your city.

i find it crazy how under wraps this shoe is
possibly only 2 weeks away and we have no decent pictures of it besides that rumored shot on the airplane
pretty impressive honestly 
That shoe was already shot down as not the yeezi's. Just some sample shoe by adidas that kanye was getting his first looks at or giving his opinion on.

Glad to be in the New York area at this time lol

So is 2/12 confirmed or is that a rumor ?

That date is rumored to be the UNVEILING of the shoe because that will be when NY Fashion Week is and the collection will be debuted. Release date is still unsure but it'll probably be around that date since the app was released so soon.

Last edited:
I'll be in NYC first week of march...I'm not that lucky tho so I a
It says very clearly in the app several times that it is being released first in NYC, and then will eventually release in other cities in the future. So if you're not in NYC, you'll have to be patient until they release in your city.

this is why i chose the phrase in my signature 
roll.gif

the masses are  a s s es 

Last edited:
Yeah I can tell the app will be flawed and nyc being the first release, it's going to experience a lot of bugs. The later cities that they're being released in should have a better solution or updated app.

For example, even if I don't close the app, every time I click on it, it'll say I'm not in the zone for 2 seconds before it connects to my location services and determines that I am in the zone. So if I'm not actually on the app, I wonder if it'll continue to say I'm out of the zone and miss all the notifications unless I click on the app and have it connected. Also my gf has the app but she denied location services and it says she's out of the zone while she's in the city

i find it crazy how under wraps this shoe is

possibly only 2 weeks away and we have no decent pictures of it besides that rumored shot on the airplane

pretty impressive honestly 
Tell me about it.

I work for the brand and don't know a damn thing. People at adidas HQ don't even know. 
laugh.gif

i have a feeling this shoe is either going to be underwhelmingly simple...or it is going to be a couture type design where it will be REALLY hard to pull off.

no in between. 

my money is on the latter, because Adidas more than likely let Kanye make it however/whatever he wanted. (see jeremy scott)

Last edited:
I kind of agree with you. If Nike let kanye designed the air yeezy the way he wanted, it wouldn't have so much borrowed Nike ideas such as the air tech challenge 2 sole. I forgot where I saw it but original sketches of air yeezys had a different sole that were probably not of Nike design

I kind of agree with you. If Nike let kanye designed the air yeezy the way he wanted, it wouldn't have so much borrowed Nike ideas such as the air tech challenge 2 sole. I forgot where I saw it but original sketches of air yeezys had a different sole that were probably not of Nike design

The original Y1 midsole was amazing. Too bad Nike wouldn't fork out the money for tooling. It took the shoe to another level.

As impressive as it maybe. It may backfire on Adidas. What if they finally unveil the shoe and no one likes it?

The last shoe that was even close to this was the Lebron 2k14. Only difference was all the pairs had been sold before the pics surfaced so even tho most hated the shoe, they had essentially already bought it.
if they just drop it like that w/o a first look it shows they have a lot of confidence in kanye and as a company that looks good

no doubts here that it will sell out either way

if they just drop it like that w/o a first look it shows they have a lot of confidence in kanye and as a company that looks good

Exactly. Look how nuts things got with an app release and a date to SEE the collection. These would have to be the ugliest product ever created to be a bust. Even then the Kanye followers would pick up the slack.

As impressive as it maybe. It may backfire on Adidas. What if they finally unveil the shoe and no one likes it?

The last shoe that was even close to this was the Lebron 2k14. Only difference was all the pairs had been sold before the pics surfaced so even tho most hated the shoe, they had essentially already bought it.

Pretty much this. There are kanye stand out there that will force themselves to like it.

Lebron 2k14 sold purely off hype that there are only 2014 pairs.

This thread is about to blow up within the next week or so. The hype is real! I just want to see the shoe. I can't see Ye flopping on a shoe, his resume speaks for itself, as far as shoes are concerned. Excited.

That is exactly what they are doing. But then you'll have impatient people complaining they're getting shafted, or you'll have people from out of the designated zone traveling far to go to the designated zone and get a pair and then another zone and get another and another.

That is exactly what they are doing. But then you'll have impatient people complaining they're getting shafted, or you'll have people from out of the designated zone traveling far to go to the designated zone and get a pair and then another zone and get another and another.
exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom