ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its this silly notion of having the most wanted shoe and have people not being able to buy it. I don't get this practice. I can understand if this was Ye's very first collab or shoe, but he has a track record of changing the entire sneaker culture with the Air Yeezys. He already has the mystique and the clout. Everything of his sells out.  I don't see the logic. He has fans all over the world. ALL OVER. Legions of Ye stans that buy up anything he wears or says to wear. No one was checking those Balencigas (however you spell it) until he started rocking em. Those boots? Never seen em. Now everyone on IG is rocking them and paying 2gs and up. He wore those Flyknits, the black and grey and the white and black, YOU STILL CANT FIND EM. Those USA air max 90s hyperfuse? 1K at minimum. So what more proof do they need? He honestly brought TIMBERLAND BACK when everyone went to ACGs. Visvims..... YEEZUS like come on.

MAKE MORE ******* SHOES. PERIOD. 12 per store is unacceptable. MAKE MORE ******* SHOES. j

Simple...
Take em to CHUCHHH!

Its this silly notion of having the most wanted shoe and have people not being able to buy it. I don't get this practice. I can understand if this was Ye's very first collab or shoe, but he has a track record of changing the entire sneaker culture with the Air Yeezys. He already has the mystique and the clout. Everything of his sells out.  I don't see the logic. He has fans all over the world. ALL OVER. Legions of Ye stans that buy up anything he wears or says to wear. No one was checking those Balencigas (however you spell it) until he started rocking em. Those boots? Never seen em. Now everyone on IG is rocking them and paying 2gs and up. He wore those Flyknits, the black and grey and the white and black, YOU STILL CANT FIND EM. Those USA air max 90s hyperfuse? 1K at minimum. So what more proof do they need? He honestly brought TIMBERLAND BACK when everyone went to ACGs. Visvims..... YEEZUS like come on. 

MAKE MORE ******* SHOES. PERIOD. 12 per store is unacceptable. MAKE MORE ******* SHOES. j

Simple...
PREACH!!!

Simple...
I don't disagree. But I do have to say that partial reason why Air Yeezy's sold out so quick and generated so much hype was because of it's limited availability. Limited sells and keeps the company hot and wanted, thats why these companies are playing that game

Wex RTs everything

Also you guys can not believe him, but I honestly think Ye doesn't want the stuff limited

Last edited:

I don't disagree. But I do have to say that partial reason why Air Yeezy's sold out so quick and generated so much hype was because of it's limited availability. Limited sells and keeps the company hot and wanted, thats why these companies are playing that gameI can
At the sametime though the yeezy two was a dope shoe all around and wouldve done numbers regardless imo.

At the sametime though the yeezy two was a dope shoe all around and wouldve done numbers regardless imo.
yeahh thats why i said partial reason. I honestly loved the Air Yeezy 2. All around. If they made them in 500k production, they would've still sold out eventually

Last edited:
Gonna be irked if this size 11 fits like a 12 when I try them on later. I'm a true 11.5 and I would rather wear a half size too small (10 that fits like an 11) than wear a half size too big (11 that fits like a 12).

Didn't see that Big Sean quote about sizing until after I copped >:
if you don't want them ill take them. we can discuss price

I feel like that everyone expected these to be released like a pair of GR Jordan Retros and actually believed what Ye said about how everyone who wanted them will get them. 

Clearly adidas is testing the waters with all these scheduled releases in super limited quantities. The Yeezy Boost were not made for them to profit but to generate enough hype and buzz for the rest of his line up. The low's look like they're wayyy more profitable looking at the materials used on those compared to the full boost tech and full suede on the Yeezy 750 Boost.

ALL shoes are profitable. $350 retail, you bet they getting good money for them. But yes, looks like main purpose of the limited availability of the 750 is to generate hype for the rest of the line. Though, like i said before, the name Kanye attached to it is enough.

Last edited:

I don't disagree. But I do have to say that partial reason why Air Yeezy's sold out so quick and generated so much hype was because of it's limited availability. Limited sells and keeps the company hot and wanted, thats why these companies are playing that game
But unlike Nike, what other Adidas shoe that available that even matches the kinda of hype Air Yeezys or the Yeezy boost have? Nike has Jordans, Lebrons, KDs Kobes, Foamposites, Nike SBs, Those Murciuals (sorry I can't spell) All these collabs that also share the same level of hype that the Air Yeezys have. Thats why Nike gave Kanye so little to work with, they got some of the most famous athletes under their house. So if people miss out on the Air Yeezys, thats cool, because we can keep them coming back when these Lebrons, Air Jordans, Kobe's and Foamposites drop. What shoes does Adidas have that commands this kinda hype? Y3 are steadily available and sell out and restock, Rick Owens too. Raf simmons and the Pharrell stay stocked and sell out regularly. So why not Ye? Why can't I go to kith and see the Yeezy boost on the shelf next to the hottest Y3 Qasa highs (which i just got into and love them)? What about people like me, who catch on to these late, and wish to purchase the shoes, but can't see they have been long sold out? This things must sell out same day nonsense has to stop. Not just yeezys, but sneakers in general. People are getting tired of missing out on shoes. 

But unlike Nike, what other Adidas shoe that available that even matches the kinda of hype Air Yeezys or the Yeezy boost have? Nike has Jordans, Lebrons, KDs Kobes, Foamposites, Nike SBs, Those Murciuals (sorry I can't spell) All these collabs that also share the same level of hype that the Air Yeezys have. Thats why Nike gave Kanye so little to work with, they got some of the most famous athletes under their house. So if people miss out on the Air Yeezys, thats cool, because we can keep them coming back when these Lebrons, Air Jordans, Kobe's and Foamposites drop. What shoes does Adidas have that commands this kinda hype? Y3 are steadily available and sell out and restock, Rick Owens too. Raf simmons and the Pharrell stay stocked and sell out regularly. So why not Ye? Why can't I go to kith and see the Yeezy boost on the shelf next to the hottest Y3 Qasa highs (which i just got into and love them)? What about people like me, who catch on to these late, and wish to purchase the shoes, but can't see they have been long sold out? This things must sell out same day nonsense has to stop. Not just yeezys, but sneakers in general. People are getting tired of missing out on shoes. 
Agreed. But unfortunately, it's not like that. 

doubt tryin on a pair is an option before buyin hence the question ?

does he not have a pair already ?

and was he not answerin witout u addin ur lines ?

man hes a us9.5 and im a 9.5 yeah so who better to ask than him ?

no **** everybody knows u can buy blind

some of u guys ........................

Agreed. But unfortunately, it's not like that. 
Yea I know. Im just saying. I think we as customers, we forget the power we have. We can open or close our wallets and WE the people can decide if something is hot. WE need the power back in our hands. Its hard because we are being programmed to buy whatever is deemed "hot" and post on IG and stunt and let people know hey look I got the yeezys I'm cool too but we need to wake up. Wasting time, time is something you can't get back. Spending 1k or 2k on these kicks isn't that bad because you can always make that money back or save. But you can't get the hours you've wasted trying to buy this kicks. Which why sometimes I just pay the extra. I rather sleep, spend time with family, go out with my woman, paint a house, make a sandwich, you LIVE LIFE instead wasting a morning or a day with no shoes. 

wex1200
 retweeted

@ComplexSneakers

[FLOAT=LEFT] · [/FLOAT][FLOAT=LEFT]4h4 hours ago

[/FLOAT]

When Kanye promised everyone would get Yeezys, he could’ve meant the lows. We explain: http://trib.al/Yu5Y5aX 

FYI: wex1200 is the global director of marketing for adidas. hes also the one who basically made the Kanye X Adidas deal happen.

i thought it was interesting that he retweeted that...

Wex RTs everything

Also you guys can not believe him, but I honestly think Ye doesn't want the stuff limited

it was pretty obvious that when Kanye said "everybody will get yeezys eventually" he wasn't talking about the highs or the lows specifically. he was talking about all of em, highs lows boots, new designs we haven't seen yet, eventually you will be able to get something

Last edited:

Man...honestly when I first saw the pics of this release....and the retail price, it was an easy pass.

That was the consensus among most I know. 

Make a shoe limited and hard to get....people will always come flocking for that "rush" or "high" of feeling accomplished in attaining something that's so hard to get. Then you have the people that just want the "come-up" off re-sell values.

It's not a bad strategy for a company...but man....it sucks for the consumers.

Good luck to all that truly want this 350 dollar sneakers from the sweatshops.

Yea I'm a 9.5 in most Nikes..af1s, jordans, flyknits...etc. I can wear 10s if the shoes are narrow.

The sz.9 Yeezy Boost fits me fine with a tad bit of toebox room but it doesn't feel like the shoe is too big. A sz.8 would be tight unless you wear them sockless.

Yea I'm a 9.5 in most Nikes..af1s, jordans, flyknits...etc. I can wear 10s if the shoes are narrow.

The sz.9 Yeezy Boost fits me fine with a tad bit of toebox room but it doesn't feel like the shoe is too big. A sz.8 would be tight unless you wear them sockless.
You are the man!!!!

I think i can pull a 10.

Thanks

There is a size 9 for $500 on craigslist, new york section if anyone wants to take the risk. You can pay by card but seems iffy to me. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom