ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

90% of the people that say things like "I make 6 figures" are usually only making 100-120k a year.

There are lot more people in this country making 100k a year than there are making 300k.

100k is good money depending on what part of the country you live in.

If your anywhere in the midwest or south you could live like a king.  In a LA or NYC you are pretty much lower middle class because of the sky high living expenses.
if you make 100k per household maybe thats 'lower middle class' but stil more like straight up middle class....but 100k as an individual and youre still doing it big...even out here in SF. maybe not ballin outta control but still much better than 'lower middle'...just sayin
I meant no disrespect.  I was just saying at 100 your doing well enough that you shouldn't be check to check but it isn't anywhere near rich yet so people should be humble about it.  Ultimately its money and if you don't manage it well anybody can go broke regardless of their income.  There are people that make 250 a year but don't have enough to pay their bills because they took on way more than they could handle.

@Edshoecator   stated income loans were so great for those of us that are self employed, too bad we probably won't see them again any time soon.

Last edited:
I meant no disrespect.  I was just saying at 100 your doing well enough that you shouldn't be check to check but it isn't anywhere near rich yet so people should be humble about it.  Ultimately its money and if you don't manage it well anybody can go broke regardless of their income.  There are people that make 250 a year but don't have enough to pay their bills because they took on way more than they could handle.

@Edshoecator
  stated income loans were so great for those of us that are self employed, too bad we probably won't see them again any time soon.
this is very true. I Agree 100%.. problem is, people who make 200k+ weren't always making that and when pay increases for a lot of people so do their expenses because they want more and find ways to spend that extra money. No self control and great marketing by companies to make you want what they have. [emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128555[/emoji][emoji]128555[/emoji] Nike and sneakers is my weakness but next year I will be cutting back a lot.

Think about how much of people's paycheck Nike takes. referring to the sneaker community.

Last edited:
wow this is pure comedy. First, you said you don't own any nikes or adidas and you're not in the sneaker game at all. You only wanted these yeezys (750 & 350) for yourself to wear. You struck out on both and then made complaints about Adidas and the resellers messing everything up for people who want the items. Then you go boasting your 6 figures salary but also made it very clear you wouldn't pay resell on these and that you don't even pay retail for "high fashion" items. Then you finally eat your words and paid resell, you get a pair of them at a relatively "fair" price right now, but your greed seeps in and now you want to resell it to profit, only to find out that they're not that profitable if you paid resell to re-sell. God, you deserve it. :lol:

View media item 1629200

makes 100k+ and is mad if he doesnt sell a shoe he bought to resale, ya bro u make 100k a yr. SURE mf'r. if u did, u have no need to resale shoes liar bit ch

not in the city of San Francisco. You would feel house poor unless you live in an apartment that has rent control or you live in the TL.

- taxes 37% (conservative) = $37,000
* Leaves you with $67,000
That's approximately $5,500 a month
Your average 1 bedroom downtown SF is about $3300 leaving you with $2,200. Then you got car payment, food, gas, electricity, laundry/dry cleaning, and other expenses. Doesn't include any credit card debt or student loans. You would have no money to do anything. You would be poor.

That is why in San Francisco people are moving to the Eastbay - Oakland driving up the prices there and people in NYC moving to Brooklyn or New Jersey.
Brooklyn is stall part of NYC. Also Brooklyn is hipster central and rent there is incredibly high and only increasing. But people from NYC are trying to find cheaper places in Jersey for sure.

not in the city of San Francisco. You would feel house poor unless you live in an apartment that has rent control or you live in the TL.

Your average 1 bedroom downtown SF is about $3300 leaving you with $2,200. Then you got car payment, food, gas, electricity, laundry/dry cleaning, and other expenses. Doesn't include any credit card debt or student loans. You would have no money to do anything. You would be poor.

That is why in San Francisco people are moving to the Eastbay - Oakland driving up the prices there and people in NYC moving to Brooklyn or New Jersey.
Brooklyn is stall part of NYC. Also Brooklyn is hipster central and rent there is incredibly high and only increasing. But people from NYC are trying to find cheaper places in Jersey for sure.

try living in Hawaii :x

Santa Monica is expensive no doubt but that's one pocket of LA. NYC is NYC and SF is SF.. There is no part to the city that's cheap.
I used to live in NYC, there is definitely cheap places all over Manhattan. The thing with NYC is you need to make 100k to enjoy regular amenities, "DishWasher, Central Air conditioning, In unit Laundry" ect... 
makes 100k+ and is mad if he doesnt sell a shoe he bought to resale, ya bro u make 100k a yr. SURE mf'r. if u did, u have no need to resale shoes liar bit ch
And this logic means nothing, i have met doctors in LA reselling shoes, on the side as a hobby. 

you obv. Know what youre talking about but rent control & places all over the city (even the TL) factor in...look up what the median income is in SF or just look up middle class income, everything u find says 100k is well within the 'middle class'

@Edshoecator
  stated income loans were so great for those of us that are self employed, too bad we probably won't see them again any time soon.

No disrespect or any offense taken at all my dude. I agree peplle need to be humble. Some folks just must be really insecure to go bragging on a forum- some just straight up lying too

Last edited:
Yall need to start another thread.

There's a lot of time between yeezy releases. This thread will go off track sometimes but will be back to *****ing about striking out, high resale, and people unintentionally buying fakes within a couple hours.

Tonight wasn't even that bad, back in the Nike Yeezy 2 thread dudes got heated about this money talk and were posting pictures of their pay stubs.

Last edited:
There's a lot of time between yeezy releases. This thread will go off track sometimes but will be back to *****ing about striking out, high resale, and people unintentionally buying fakes within a couple hours.

Tonight wasn't even that bad, back in the Nike Yeezy 2 thread dudes got heated about this money talk and were posting pictures of their pay stubs.
roll.gif

anybody else pair have slight purplish marks on the midsole/upper where they meet? I got one small purple spot about 1 cm in diameter, its like discolored glue or something. honestly I only tried to get it out with water...kinds looks like the midsole is stained but maybe theres a way to remove it? idk dont wanna make it worse...anybody have this issue and try to remove the spot?

sorry its kinda hard to see in the pic, its kinda darker in person...not too big of a deal but it would be cool if I could remove the spot. 
For $200 I think this is a big deal. 

if you make 100k per household maybe thats 'lower middle class' but stil more like straight up middle class....but 100k as an individual and youre still doing it big...even out here in SF. maybe not ballin outta control but still much better than 'lower middle'...just sayin
100k in SF is doing it big? I think your statement about lower middle class is correct. Cost of living is insane.  

Someone posted paystubs in this thread too, several hundred pages back though. 

Last edited:
...And this logic means nothing, i have met doctors in LA reselling shoes, on the side as a hobby. 
Your mind set is sad. I've been flipping for years just not shoes, whether its small things or big things. Yes I would be mad, you invest to make money not lose. If no one ever cared about losing money no one would have any. I don't have an indispoable income where losing money means nothing to me, and I'll repeat I'm not a millionaire. I also have a 7 year old car, but according to you I should go out and buy a 2015 Mercedes since I make 6 figures. TFOH. That's exactly what's wrong with people today. 

Last edited:
Funny thing is ye designed those green tubular primeknit highs and lows...He designs numerous products even ultra boost if I'm not mistaken

Someone posted paystubs in this thread too, several hundred pages back though. 

[emoji]9995[/emoji][emoji]9995[/emoji] I'm guilty. Never again, it was a dumb move. No one should have to prove anything to anyone unless you're doing it for income verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom