Aight CAKE.... what's the deal with The Clipse? Vol. Put me on game

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Drug dealer rap is played out, only good for mixtapes. They never adapted and hence they are not as relevant as they once were. They are creative when they talk about stuff that I doubt they really have, but it just comes across as artificial. How many times we have to hear about how they will murder you with their exotic guns, and how the push more weight than Cybex? It was so fresh in their Grinding days, but it's old and stale now. Glorifying drug dealing is wack, and this comes from a dude born right in the middle of the crack era in Brooklyn.
Thing is everyone knows what to expect from the Clipse when it comes to content, but their wordplay and puns is unmatched. Yes the drug dealer POV is played out, but the Clipse make it sound like something that's new. And saying that they're irrelevant is completely false. Dudes definitely made a name for themselves and have a cult like following since the WGIFC mixtapes.
My dude I didn't say irrelevant...I said not as relevant as they once were. The Clipseused to be everywhere, but they have diminished somewhat. LOL@ the tree hugger comment.

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Drug dealer rap is played out, only good for mixtapes. They never adapted and hence they are not as relevant as they once were. They are creative when they talk about stuff that I doubt they really have, but it just comes across as artificial. How many times we have to hear about how they will murder you with their exotic guns, and how the push more weight than Cybex? It was so fresh in their Grinding days, but it's old and stale now. Glorifying drug dealing is wack, and this comes from a dude born right in the middle of the crack era in Brooklyn.
2770573943_24a05ac7c2.jpg

Tree-huggin #+% @@%!% please!

I was waiting for that.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom