Would You Go on a Group Trip With a Hater?

IMG_8763.jpeg

I guess the other part I don’t get is that I would have never been in a day-to-day group chat with someone that I wouldn’t hang out with dolo. I guess some folks just invite everybody to the group chat.

But going to the lengths of re-creating a group chat minus just you is insane. Did the OG group chat die and now everyone uses the one without you or are both active?

I had something similar in my mid 20s. Group of friends that would hang out all the time, I’m talking 7-8 people. We went on camping trips, beach trips and hooping sessions. Three of these “friends” ended up hating on my bro and I because we would get the attention of the girls they would bring around in hope to join our click. Wasn’t long before they started doing gatherings in secret from us and telling inside jokes amongst themselves in front of us. We peeped what was going on and flat out distanced ourselves and never looked back. 17 years later now those 3 haters don’t even kick it with that group and the remaining ones have tried to give out their numbers when they see us but we don’t even bother calling back 😂

I think if you care if look deeper into why he dislikes you or is talking crap

Anyways

If you got some good friends you like hanging with, I’d do on this trip and ignore the clown. Keep or cordial and have a blast, it’ll prob kill him inside knowing YDGAF

CHEERS

What is the etiquette with group chats?

I have had a group text going for last six years with 8-10 good friends from high school. We are mid-30’s now and live all over the world. Things got weird after the 2020 elections and three of my buddies just disappeared from the group chat one day (can probably guess who they voted for). Has been about a year and a half and pretty much haven’t seen or spoken to them while maintaining great relationships with everyone else in the chat.

As a grown man, part of me wants to reach out and be the bigger person but I can also read between the lines and feel like if they want to be babies, that’s on them. I think it’s super weird that you’d just leave a group chat one day without saying anything, and even weirder that all three disappeared at same time (Like they were sitting around plotting it like high school kids).

went to school with an NTer here and was good friends with him for a few years... as we got older I realized he too was a hater and even try to clown me on here in the forums and through text... So I was just like enough is enough and just deleted their number and stopped contact with them... but it is what it is
Was it the big titty Rican that called you dirty and put sheets on the couch?
I agree with your post but this is also a large trip so it would be pretty hard for dude to target OP and ruin his experience. Plus as he said, he’s cordial in person so he’s not going to want that static. In a smaller, more intimate setting I would agree but not a group of this size. I just think if he wants to go that it is feasible.
I dunno, when I'm going on a vacation Im trying to relax and enjoy myself. Not worry about some ******* hater. I wouldn't even go with that group. Do my own thing or with the few that he's actually cool with.

I'll be back later to give a response AgentZero AgentZero but I'm assuming this might be a bachelor trip Vegas.

I've dealt with many different instances with friends.

I used to feel pressured to go like you, but honestly, it’s not worth the stress or awkwardness, especially as an adult where we don’t have many days off to ourselves.

If it’s someone’s birthday, bachelor party, etc. you can just meet up with that person separately on a different date and treat him to a drink or dinner, or just send a e-gift card if nothing else works out.

Idk how old you are OP, but I'm guessing too old to be dealing with snakes in your circle like that.
My best friend happens to be a woman and we hang out regularly, often just the two of us. Her last ex-boyfriend was all nice and cordial in person the first and other times I met him but she told me he immediately described me as a "shady dude" after the first meeting, and that he'd later often complain about how close our friendship is.
Even in small group activities with around 5-7 people, like going out for drinks etc, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I normally would simply due to knowing that someone in the group clearly had a strong dislike for me and was putting up a fake front whenever we happened to interact.

And that's the kind of **** OP wants to deal with on a trip? Yeah, no thanks.
You can tell yourself all you want that it's all good because the person is cordial but I can almost guarantee his mere presence is bound to lower your personal enjoyment at some point.

Letting anybody stop you having a good time with your friends is crazy imo
by not going your laying down giving them exactly what they want
Personally I’m going and gonna go that much harder and show out

It’s Vegas. You guys are inevitably going to be sipping at some point as a group, and sometimes that loosens people up to where they get that liquid courage and words end up being exchanged. Just something to keep in mind.

A few years ago, I went out there for a bachelor party. One of the people who went was some dude who can’t stand me, but the energy has always been one sided. I don’t care about him at all. I let him know on day 1, I’m trying to have a good time, we don’t have to be around each other, and can keep all that to a minimum, and not trying to ruin the bachelor party with all of that. It probably helped I could easily beat his *** if I wanted to. But the weekend went smooth.

Personally if he’s the one bugging everyone else to exclude you, you guys should just exclude him. But it doesn’t always work that way.

I dunno, when I'm going on a vacation Im trying to relax and enjoy myself. Not worry about some ******* hater. I wouldn't even go with that group. Do my own thing or with the few that he's actually cool with.

I guess I don't let other people affect me from being me and having a good time but that's just me 🤷‍♂️

Letting anybody stop you having a good time with your friends is crazy imo
by not going your laying down giving them exactly what they want
Personally I’m going and gonna go that much harder and show out

THIS!

I’m going IDGAF.

I’ll make sure I prove him right. Not gonna go out of my way to be fake to prove him wrong.

Right. All of the in question for allowing it. Idk why people feel obligated to stick with a group of friends. Sometimes people grow out of each other. Especially if yall were friends since childhood. Some people you gotta just keep in touch with.

You can do all of that with out all the extra drama.

None of those people seem to really be OPs friend anyways.

I mean the groups of friends I get together or travel places with are all tight so I have never been in this situation. I am just speculating on how I would act. This concept is foreign to me tbh :lol:

What if Shanquella was the hater though and they chose the trip to confront? Either way i'd pass, that energy makes no sense for a vacation.

Back
Top Bottom