Air jordan 2009.....Why all the Hate?

brucewanye136

Banned
i just got these kicks for the collection paid only 70 bucks though ds,but man these shoes are dope in person and on the feet.i hated on them too just like therest of nt.i have to say though this is a really well made shoe and very good quality also.So why does nt hate this shoe?Is it because its not numbered?

The shoe is ugly period. It suffers from a price issue and lack of colorway creativity. I guess $70 is an ok price, I just wouldn't spend it on themespecially when I can use the $70 for some real heat. Shoe might perform well, but it looks like something Converse should of put out.

Good shoe for basketball, but not for $190, especially with the quality of JB products nowadays

It's just not set to the expectations of Jordan Brand aficionados..... I guess.....

The only thing stopping me from buying it is the price....to much for a shoe that doesn't "ahh" me much.

Originally Posted by Rafool

It's just not set to the expectations of Jordan Brand aficionados..... I guess.....

The only thing stopping me from buying it is the price....to much for a shoe that doesn't "ahh" me much.

yeah, i agree. i doesn't have that ahh factor. it's such a crazy transition from the 23 to 2009. they created something awesome, and then put the 2009out. blah

Originally Posted by pstuart13

Originally Posted by Rafool

yeah, i agree. i doesn't have that ahh factor. it's such a crazy transition from the 23 to 2009. they created something awesome, and then put the 2009 out. blah

that pretty much sums it up.when i look at the 23 to the 2009 it just does'nt fit.but like I said now that I finally have it I like..

Originally Posted by brucewanye136

i just got these kicks for the collection paid only 70 bucks though ds,but man these shoes are dope in person and on the feet.i hated on them too just like the rest of nt.i have to say though this is a really well made shoe and very good quality also.So why does nt hate this shoe?Is it because its not numbered?

yep. If they would've put them out next year and called them the Silver Anniversary 25s cats would've jocked them... look at them jockin all whitesnow... smh

I've never read the word "hate" from a NTer speaking about a pair of 2009s until you placed it on your post.

If you wanted to say you bought a pair for a good price and you like the shoes, it's ok but if you want to understand "haters" reasons todislike the 2k9s just ask you if you'd take that pair for 70 bucks or a pair of IVs or VIs or XIs....? Seriously... wich one wouldyou take?

...BTW. I do NOT like the XX3s either.

They're bland.

In fact, a lot of the post retirement models are, but these are particularly lacking in imagination.
Combine this increased 'blandness' with another price hike, a recession, and a perceived lack of continuity with previous shoes due to a differentnumbering system
and the hate is explained.

For $70 i'd cop a pair though.

they just don't do it for me. The fencing idea was cool and the CWs were ok. The price tag was the real turn off. my area had them for 100 dollars at onepoint and i still didn't cop.

hopefully the XX5 is better.

The price and jb had to live up to expectations of having a better shoe than the xx3s which the 2k9s are clearly not. Not many shoes u you can follow the xx3with that will impress people.

Originally Posted by bdub253

Originally Posted by brucewanye136

i just got these kicks for the collection paid only 70 bucks though ds,but man these shoes are dope in person and on the feet.i hated on them too just like the rest of nt.i have to say though this is a really well made shoe and very good quality also.So why does nt hate this shoe?Is it because its not numbered?

yep. If they would've put them out next year and called them the Silver Anniversary 25s cats would've jocked them... look at them jockin all whites now... smh

false..... i dont care what they were called, they are ugly and hella stiff in the heel, and the retail price is just plain stupid.

They look like reeboks from the early 2000s, I'd cop for the right price and likely will, NO ONE likes them so expect to see prices like 20, 30, 40 bucksand they will get bought

Back
Top Bottom