Air Jordan 3 Retro - Black-Sport Blue-Wolf Grey

I'm so fired up at Eastbay right now, over that tax issue.
I don't want to cancel the order, but man, they got a dude heated.

Edit: just got the email reply from then BTW

Last edited:
I'm so fired up at Eastbay right now, over that tax issue.
I don't want to cancel the order, but man, they got a dude heated.

Edit: just got the email reply from then BTW

Did they charge u tax twice?

No, just once. But every release after March, I was charged no tax. It was explained to me the first time I questioned them that they now were charging tax whether they had a physical location or not. Ok, cool, no biggie. I then noticed that the tax on that order, was over 11%.
They admitted they had charged me the wrong %, and that they would fix it. They charged me tax on the total price though, shoe+shipping. They said it was a mistake to charge me tax in shipping, and that it should have been just taxes on the product itself, and that it should be 8%.

Well my next 3 grabs from them I ran into the same problem, them charging me 10+%.

This is the fourth shoe since they've adopted the policy of taxing regardless and, here we are again, disputing the charges, except this time they said they were only crediting me the difference in the wrong % they charged, and that them charging me tax in the product and the shipping, is standard practice, and that they last 3 times I was credited that amount, the employee that did it, wasn't supposed to do it.
I simply said, look, you guys do this every time, and I have to email/call you guys every time, just to get back like $2-4 in incorrect charges. I said that a lot of my time taken up on you guys mistakes, and I'm tired of it.
I said I'm not the guy who wants something for free but this is becoming a Pain

She said "you don't have to shop here, that's your choice"

Last edited:
SAME EXACT QUALITY AS EVERY OTHER LEATHER III.

Why do NTers have to bash every retro that they don't buy. I didn't buy a pair of these for me for no other reason than the colorway isn't appealing to me. But don't say foolish things like the quality isn't as good as true blue or black cement or white cement pair. They are exactly the same. '88's are a step up.
I bought the shoes. I don't hate them nor do I mean to keep anyone from buying or enjoying the pair they bought. But the leather is without question inferior to the other 3s that were mentioned.

If you can't afford to pay for the kicks upfront, you shouldn't open a credit card to do so. Just my opinion.
I agree, andI can afford the kicks but I also like to have extra cash in my account in case of emergency and do do stuff with. I would never charge shoes if I didn't have the cash to do so.

No, just once. But every release after March, I was charged no tax. It was explained to me the first time I questioned them that they now were charging tax whether they had a physical location or not. Ok, cool, no biggie. I then noticed that the tax on that order, was over 11%.
They admitted they had charged me the wrong %, and that they would fix it. They charged me tax on the total price though, shoe+shipping. They said it was a mistake to charge me tax in shipping, and that it should have been just taxes on the product itself, and that it should be 8%.

Well my next 3 grabs from them I ran into the same problem, them charging me 10+%.

This is the fourth shoe since they've adopted the policy of taxing regardless and, here we are again, disputing the charges, except this time they said they were only crediting me the difference in the wrong % they charged, and that them charging me tax in the product and the shipping, is standard practice, and that they last 3 times I was credited that amount, the employee that did it, wasn't supposed to do it.
I simply said, look, you guys do this every time, and I have to email/call you guys every time, just to get back like $2-4 in incorrect charges. I said that a lot of my time taken up on you guys mistakes, and I'm tired of it.
I said I'm not the guy who wants something for free but this is becoming a Pain

She said "you don't have to shop here, that's your choice"

I don't know where you're getting that they're charging tax no matter if they have physical location or not. I'm in michigan and am not getting charged tax.

Hi guys, long time lurker here. Decided to finally join the forums.

Im fairly new to the game so bare with my newbie-ness.

Anyway, just wanted to ask for your opinions.

I recently won (raffle) and bought this shoe off champ sports but totally forgot to check the quality of my pair in store.

When i got home to look at the shoe i noticed that elephant prints of my pair had a different thickness... the right pair has a thicker print than the left.

I never tried them on since i was thinking of holding off wearing them until next year or so.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/V...1-4F41-8B34-40AB5304A827_zpsnknucovy.jpg.html

http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/V...C-46D1-B547-F7580D2608A0_zpscjqevb9f.jpg.html

[/spoiler]

My questions are:

1. are these usually the quality issues with AJ3s? or is it just bad luck and timing?

2. my store didn't have any extras so exchanging them will be a no-go so returning them would be the only option if ever. should i?

It just sucks that my 1st AJ3 pair is like this. just disappointed all together. Anyway, hope you guys can help me decide.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys again, long time lurker 1st time poster.

So i recently won a raffle from champ sports and got these. Wasn't able to check the shoe in-store (i know, my bad)

Anyway, just wanted to ask your opinions... so when i check the shoes at home i noticed that the elephant prints are inconsistent. the right pair is thicker than the left.

It sucks really! Just wanted to ask whether this is usually the case with AJ3s? or is it just me and bad timing. I hate it since i was planning to UNDS them til next year. GRRR! now I'm debating if i should just return them my store didn't have any extras so exchanging these will be a no go. should i just return them? 

Sorry mods. should have used the site option the 1st time. anyway, here are the pics.

Last edited:

So i recently won a raffle from champ sports and got these. Wasn't able to check the shoe in-store (i know, my bad)

Anyway, just wanted to ask your opinions... so when i check the shoes at home i noticed that the elephant prints are inconsistent. the right pair is thicker than the left.

It sucks really! Just wanted to ask whether this is usually the case with AJ3s? or is it just me and bad timing. I hate it since i was planning to UNDS them til next year. GRRR! now I'm debating if i should just return them my store didn't have any extras so exchanging these will be a no go. should i just return them? 

Sorry mods. should have used the site option the 1st time. anyway, here are the pics.
That is completely normal. Some differ less or more from pair to pair.

View media item 1138349

View media item 1138351
Smh at that right there I can overlook a lot but that is unacceptable exactly why I check every shoe before I walk out the door. I would def return them

I know the elephant print on both shoes are pretty much a little off in one form or another on almost every pair but when one shoe looks like a super perfect I wouldn't want em. If they both had the light elephant print then maybe I would say just rock out with em. Just my opinion

That is not completely normal, although no two EP's are exactly the same,that pair is just sad. That thick EP looks like the EP that fakes have. :x

Since this was my 1st AJ3 (excuse my newbie-ness), i was really hoping it would be great. Now this happened. Tsk!

Feels like i got ripped off or something to think i was also able to add this shoe in NDC yesterday but did not pull the trigger since i already have a guaranteed pair in store.

I should have just gotten the kobe's instead.

I guess ill be returning them... oh well. Hope you guys have better luck than i am.

Like most you guys never seen plenty of 3s before. Agreed it's not great lookin but I've seen it plenty of times. Just check the LCs. I saw 1 pair where the EP was thick like above of one shoe and SUPER thin on the other. Now that was bad

Smh at that right there I can overlook a lot but that is unacceptable exactly why I check every shoe before I walk out the door. I would def return them
I was about to say "just suck it up and move on" but after seeing the pics.. Its just unacceptable .. Return it now , maybe you can ask them to stock locate you another pair since its still available on some stores...

Like most you guys never seen plenty of 3s before. Agreed it's not great lookin but I've seen it plenty of times. Just check the LCs. I saw 1 pair where the EP was thick like above of one shoe and SUPER thin on the other. Now that was bad
just because we've seen it before shouldn't make it ok. I mean come on that looks awful no way you would feel like that 170 plus tax was well spent if that was your pair fam

Every pair of 3s EP is different, none is exactly the same with the pattern and thickness but that right there is very horrible, I'd return them

You don't want those man, everywhere you go you'll have some 12yr old supposed sneakerhead telling you that your Jordans are fake.
Yeah, you're definitely right.  Like what i mentioned a couple of post earlier... il be returning them.

Just sad that i'll lose out on this pair. I guess it would better to get my money back then try and rock these and get flamed down the road.

Thanks guys for all your inputs.

Back
Top Bottom