Air Jordan 3Lab5 "Metallic" - Releasing Fall 2014?

BTW i dont know why 3lab5 got reflective box & stuff, theyre not reflective at all, making em even less appealing! 

Curious, did you pay $225+ for the card or the shoes?

Such a minor detail to consider this a "rip-off".  Toss the card in the box, wear the shoes.

I paid $225 for a "premium" collectors shoe. Only to be given leftover collector cards from a completely different shoe. No "premium" wax laces, no leather "premium" liner. Maybe i am the idiot for paying up then I guess. I just stings.

I paid $225 for a "premium" collectors shoe. Only to be given leftover collector cards from a completely different shoe. No "premium" wax laces, no leather "premium" liner. Maybe i am the idiot for paying up then I guess. I just stings.

I understand bro. Hell. Regardless of the price premium or not, I still want all that I am supposed to get quality and all accessories. I miss some cards in some shoes which I can hamdle. Some may fall out, plant workers forgot to put in, etc. But how you not going to give me wax laces? That no leather liner is just a killer. It is part of the premium package and you take it away? I am sure it was to save money....yet the customer still paid the same. If they removed the leather liner, at least do it on a totally different lab series.....not a lab series where the last two had leather liners. I swear I think a nt member was correct. They had left over material from the 3lab5 infrared series and just made a new colorway it appears.

I understand bro. Hell. Regardless of the price premium or not, I still want all that I am supposed to get quality and all accessories. I miss some cards in some shoes which I can hamdle. Some may fall out, plant workers forgot to put in, etc. But how you not going to give me wax laces? That no leather liner is just a killer. It is part of the premium package and you take it away? I am sure it was to save money....yet the customer still paid the same. If they removed the leather liner, at least do it on a totally different lab series.....not a lab series where the last two had leather liners. I swear I think a nt member was correct. They had left over material from the 3lab5 infrared series and just made a new colorway it appears.
I can believe they had left over material...

The silver 5lab3's had the leather liner and the black 5lab3's didn't. To me the lining is not why i brought the shoe, so i can live with out it imo. This is my first 3lab5 and im good with it, now the card that to me is an issue, that where they clearly f'ed up. However if they fix it on future restocks it could add to the value of the original run.

The silver 5lab3's had the leather liner and the black 5lab3's didn't. To me the lining is not why i brought the shoe, so i can live with out it imo. This is my first 3lab5 and im good with it, now the card that to me is an issue, that where they clearly f'ed up. However if they fix it on future restocks it could add to the value of the original run.
to me leather or else lining it's not important, must say i like better the silver lab3's fit tho, even if it makes you sweat as a sumo fighter! 
sick.gif

Anyone know what size laces I need for a size 11? And where to get the black waxed laces for a normal price?  I know someone put up a link for them but I aint paying $50 for laces.

I am reading that many of you don't care about the liner. It's the equivalent of you liking the styling of a car. You love the way a certain car looks so you go to the dealership to get that car. You purchase the car for $24,600. I get the same car, same miles, different color. You and I pull off the lot and go to the gas station together to fill up. You peep inside of mine and see I have a navigation. You also see I have dual exhaust and my car is breathing heavy indicating I got a V8. You only have a V6. You assume my car must've cost more because I have more features but you are shocked when you see we paid the EXACT same price, not a penny different. Is your argument still "I don't care about those lil' things, I like the styling of the car."

Let the waxed laces represent the navigation and the V8 represent the liner. Scale too far off? Fine, replace the V8 with a moon roof. Since your car didn't have those features, do you feel the cars should've been priced the exact same?

Honestly, this is deeper than Jordan Brand being cheap. If you been here for awhile, you understand this is simply Jordan Brand seeing how far can they go to skimp out on details and charge the exact same price. This shoe is a simple decoy to help assist in future pricing. If the shoe sells out, success. Not caring about the liner is the reason we get crap shoes now. Oh wait, they're upping quality next year. LOL! Youngins got a lot to learn man...

I am reading that many of you don't care about the liner. It's the equivalent of you liking the styling of a car. You love the way a certain car looks so you go to the dealership to get that car. You purchase the car for $24,600. I get the same car, same miles, different color. You and I pull off the lot and go to the gas station together to fill up. You peep inside of mine and see I have a navigation. You also see I have dual exhaust and my car is breathing heavy indicating I got a V8. You only have a V6. You assume my car must've cost more because I have more features but you are shocked when you see we paid the EXACT same price, not a penny different. Is your argument still "I don't care about those lil' things, I like the styling of the car."

Let the waxed laces represent the navigation and the V8 represent the liner. Scale too far off? Fine, replace the V8 with a moon roof. Since your car didn't have those features, do you feel the cars should've been priced the exact same?

Honestly, this is deeper than Jordan Brand being cheap. If you been here for awhile, you understand this is simply Jordan Brand seeing how far can they go to skimp out on details and charge the exact same price. This shoe is a simple decoy to help assist in future pricing. If the shoe sells out, success. Not caring about the liner is the reason we get crap shoes now. Oh wait, they're upping quality next year. LOL! Youngins got a lot to learn man...

View media item 1104532View media item 955174

Last edited:
Preach. PS quality on a "premium" shoe. About to return mine and just make some ID's

Last edited:
Honestly could care less about the small detail. Overall i like the shoe. Im going to wear it and it will serve its purpose. That is all. Not hurting me nor my pockets. Like said above dont like it, dont buy it. That simple folks.

did you buy the shoe? If so did you know that it didn't have those features before you purchased it?You should have it was out in the open. My point is if you dont like the shoe then dont buy the shoe. If you liked the quality on the previous 3lab5's buy them and be happy. let us who liked the shoe enjoy our purchases thanks!

*edit*

i have another point to add, people complain about hypebeasts that buy everything, when on the opposite hand your being just as bad when you pretty much are saying we are wrong for liking a shoe, that you don't like.

Last edited:
A lot of people didn't know the overall quality of the shoe was going to be much lower than the previous 3lab5s before they bought them. Majority of people that bought them accepted the liner not being leather and the laces, but we didn't expect every other part of the sneaker to be much lower quality than the previous 3lab5s.
With the car analogy, I would say it's more like 2 people buying the same 2014 Nissan maxima (fully loaded) for $30,000. Person A buys his maxima in February. Person B buys his maxima from the same dealership in July (both cars are identical: same exact features and same exact color for same exact price), but The leather in Person B's maxima is of noticeably lower quality than Person A's maxima. And the paint on Person B's maxima is noticeably duller than Person A's.
And both cars are "deadstock"

The is named metallic 3lab5 , not the infrared, or the og silver.. So it should be different.

Ok, I made a NikeTalk account just for this. It has come to my attention that all the metallic 3lab5s actually come with the 5lab3 collector card that says "Re" for reflective. When it should be "El" for elephant print like the back of the tongue. This is messed up of Nike and JB to do this. I can tolerate not having a leather sock liner and wax laces. But now I can see clearly... They just threw this shoe out there. This really pisses me off. They are pretty much thinking their consumers are idiots. I can't believe nobody has voiced this issue!!!!
That's because most JB purchasers are idiots, and JB knows this.  JB is garbage, and to the contrary to what most say JB has always been garbage(certain models).  My OG and retro 3's were tanks.  My OG 11's and 12's where absolute garbage after some real deal street ballling. 

This shoe for the price tag was garbage, because A. the metallic heel and B. the lack of a leather sock liner.  But it still sold out.  Why?  If you ask me it's a status symbol to most. JB knows that their brand is a status symbol more then ever these days.  Even tho it's always been.  They know that they can release a turd with laces and a jumpman symbol; and sale especially if it's a retro or based off a retro. 

That's because most JB purchasers are idiots, and JB knows this.  JB is garbage, and to the contrary to what most say JB has always been garbage(certain models).  My OG and retro 3's were tanks.  My OG 11's and 12's where absolute garbage after some real deal street ballling. 

This shoe for the price tag was garbage, because A. the metallic heel and B. the lack of a leather sock liner.  But it still sold out.  Why?  If you ask me it's a status symbol to most. JB knows that their brand is a status symbol more then ever these days.  Even tho it's always been.  They know that they can release a turd with laces and a jumpman symbol; and sale especially if it's a retro or based off a retro. 
this is 100% true...!!

I've never seen so many dudes moan and cry about no leather sock liner, no Re card, no wax laces. Really? Last time I checked Phil Knight or MJ didn't have a pistol to your head threatening to pull the trigger if you didn't buy these shoes. While some were entered into the raffle drawings, others lined up and the rest ordered online. You had significant time to say no but you didn't. Dude complain about anything. I understand if you're spending more $250 (shipping and tax included) you want certain things (such as wax laces, etc, etc) but guess what, when buying a pair of J's, it's not like going to Burger King and having it your way, you're getting served up whatever they feel like cooking up! If you don't like the quality, don't buy! If you don't like the color, don't buy! If there is something off that you just don't like, then guess what, don't buy!!! I don't buy every Jordan that comes out (but I do admit I had every color XIV and XV before I sold my collection in the early 2000s) because I am selective. If I see a pair I like, I copp, simple as that. Why ***** about certain things over and over when I am always spending my money because I really don't have to spend if I don't like it.

It's like marrying a bad *** chick and going into it knowing she's promiscuous but thinking she'll change just because you decided to wife her up. After a kid or two, or maybe even before then, she realizes this isn't the life for her and she starts back doing what she does. When you find out, you start crying and *****ing to your homies about her! Well, you knew from the start what it was but you made that leap and didn't have too, YOU CHOOSE TOO! Just like you choose to buy Js. If you don't like something about the shoe then don't buy it. You can't justify *****ing about something you know after the fact. I like my 3lab5s (metallics). Hell, I can wear these with pretty much anything compared to the original 3lab5s. Wax laces or not I decided to spend my money on these because I wanted too, so why should I *****!

Back
Top Bottom