Air Jordan 5 Retro- White/Metallic Silver Releasing April 4, 2015

I appreciate disciple313 pointing out the flaws in his pair so I can better judge whether I'll pull the trigger on these when they come to Canada also it let's me know what to expect. However having said that what he's pointing out does sound a little nitpicky.
As far as the whole"remastered" thing here's what I noticed when I compare my 2012 bred 4's to my 2015 Oreo 4's :the build quality on the 2012 pair are flawless there is virtually no difference when comparing the left shoe to the right, with the Oreo there is differences from the left to right the toe guard is slightly higher on one than the other also the seem on the back is slightly off centre on one.. What I believe was improved are things like the jumpman's the new ones on the 2015 pair are a lot more detailed especiallly on the back. IMHO 2012 pair are better.
Back on topic I'm seriously considering copping these 5's are my favorite and the white actually looks pretty nice from the pictures you guys posted.

Last edited:
I'm rolling over these complaints. If you are going to wear the shoes, why do you care if there is a speck or "blue" tint to a sockliner [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Its just a shoe folks. Just be glad you're fortunate enough to be in a position to by them b/c people are out in the real world barefoot
I feel you for sure, and I don't want it to sound like I'm being nit picky, I just feel like the flaws on my shoe were so basic they should have just been corrected on site at the factory.  That's all.  I'm still pumped I have the kicks, and I wasn't trying to take away from the moment by pointing out the defects. I just thought yall might like to know, since you know... you guys are into that kind of stuffs and what not...  

I love Jordan brand, been wearing the shoes since 1990, and will probably be wearing them when I'm in my 70's. I just know what JB is capable of, because I've seen the quality they can produce.  I just hate feeling hoodwinked, like they cut my raw Jordans with bathsalts...lol

Last edited:
OMG, did y'all start buying Jordan's yesterday, there have always been "those" kinds of quality issues even on the OGs. I don't even care about glue or little specs that you young kids care about. If you care that much about those little things you should stop buying Js altogether like the other guy said.

I care about quality leather that has thickness like the OGs and the nice thick tongues and padding.

Unless this is your first pair of Jordan's, flaws should be expected. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. We all know what JB has become. Buy at your own risk people.

OMG, did y'all start buying Jordan's yesterday, there have always been "those" kinds of quality issues even on the OGs. I don't even care about glue or little specs that you young kids care about. If you care that much about those little things you should stop buying Js altogether like the other guy said.

I care about quality leather that has thickness like the OGs and the nice thick tongues and padding.
Yeah lol I started buying Jordan's yesterday... I'm 34 years old been wearing Jays since 1990

I had OG Fire red 5's
OG Maroon 6s

OG Raptor 7s

OG Playoff 8s

OG Toe Cap Steel 10's

OG Taxi 12's
OG Bred 13's, White and Red 13's, Playoff 13's,  White and Black 13's

OG 14's White and Red, Black toe, and the baby blue lows

And none of them had quality as bad as this or any of the other shoes I have from the last 10 years.  The materials were dope, and the craftsmanship was dope.  Sure they weren't perfect 100percent of the time, but the flaws were few and far between, opposed to how it is now when there's issues left and right, because they're just pumping them out every weekend. 

When I started buying Jordans there were only like 3-5 colorways that would come out for the WHOLE year, and that was it, but now they just crank em out, and people defend inferior quality.  

Yes the materials are better, and I'm happy about that, but the craftsmanship is still lacking. 

Last edited:
Long *** essay I ******* read.......anyways flaws don't matter I'm still beating my shoes up like good ***** lol and if you can't handle small mistakes go make the shoes your damn self and see how perfect they turn out.

damn, all the pickup pics in this thread makes me want these. I liked them from the start, but I was planning on passing on these and getting the red foams; now I might have to skip the foamposites.

Long *** essay I ******* read.......anyways flaws don't matter I'm still beating my shoes up like good ***** lol and if you can't handle small mistakes go make the shoes your damn self and see how perfect they turn out.
Flaws dont matter on a 200 dollar sneaker?  That seems logical.  About as logical as me making the shoes myself....smh

Plus, no one said I couldn't handle the mistakes, I bought 2 pairs. lol  But what's certainly clear is that some of you guys just can't handle me pointing the mistakes out.

I still love the kicks, I was just reporting the information to my fellow sneaker heads, about my Jordan 5 sneakers, on a sneaker forum, in the Jordan 5 thread, because that's what I thought a sneaker head should do, and would do... nothing more, nothing less.  

Last edited:
Bottom line. These are a must cop for any person like myself who appreciates 5's . However if the mesh is spray painted blue it does throw the look of the shoe off and that is a serious QC issue. No one here should complain if people are in search of a good pair . When people talk about price it goes hand and hand with a promise JB made us for providing better quality . The $20 is well worth it on many of these this year interms of better quality I have seen.

Disciple313 thanks for sharing and showing us your flaws,I come on here just to read and learn about the sneaker I just purchased,and what your doing is perfectly fine,for anybody else that wants to share please do,don't let these so called member scare u guys away by saying your nitpicking,go return them or so on. As for me I had the same problem,buying these shoes at a local retailer,finding later that there's flaws not being able to exchange or get a refund, the way I fixed this problem is by just ordering online from now on,ever since the last 2 pairs have been flawless from ndc.the best part about it is they do refunds or exchanges and free return shipping hassle free.

Quick question. Finishline won't send me more than one pair would they? I just placed an order, but kept saying I need authorization once I used my CC. So I used my paypal, but when I go check my CC history, it shows three transactions with finishline, paypal included.

I've come to accept I'm too picky and I'll always find something that throws me off. This time it was excess stitching/threads on the jumpman and leather. Sucked it up and cleaned it up myself, as long as the paint and leather are correct, I can deal

Yeah lol I started buying Jordan's yesterday... I'm 34 years old been wearing Jays since 1990

I had OG Fire red 5's
OG Maroon 6s

OG Raptor 7s

OG Playoff 8s

OG Toe Cap Steel 10's

OG Taxi 12's
OG Bred 13's, White and Red 13's, Playoff 13's,  White and Black 13's

OG 14's White and Red, Black toe, and the baby blue lows

And none of them had quality as bad as this or any of the other shoes I have from the last 10 years.  The materials were dope, and the craftsmanship was dope.  Sure they weren't perfect 100percent of the time, but the flaws were few and far between, opposed to how it is now when there's issues left and right, because they're just pumping them out every weekend. 

When I started buying Jordans there were only like 3-5 colorways that would come out for the WHOLE year, and that was it, but now they just crank em out, and people defend inferior quality.  

Yes the materials are better, and I'm happy about that, but the craftsmanship is still lacking. 
I have the same feeling too in my old post

I buy one pair at that time,when you have worn the 2000aj5,you will know that today's aj5  are just a joke.

The quality,the material ,the durability, the comfort,the soft insole,the shape,

the wider width and more depth  in the toe box (today's aj5 have more narrow and more shallow toe box ),  everything is better than now.

Why can't   F**king jordan brand just do the same  when nike did in 2000

It really  p*ss me off.

the soft insole

I've come to accept I'm too picky and I'll always find something that throws me off. This time it was excess stitching/threads on the jumpman and leather. Sucked it up and cleaned it up myself, as long as the paint and leather are correct, I can deal
I was in the same boat as you.  I pulled the trigger literally 5 minutes ago, and bought them off Finishline, my size was still available.  

I had very few jordans growing up, these were one of them so I had to cop.

Quick question. Finishline won't send me more than one pair would they? I just placed an order, but kept saying I need authorization once I used my CC. So I used my paypal, but when I go check my CC history, it shows three transactions with finishline, paypal included.

This must be ur first purchase with FNL.

It amazes me how in every thread when a shoe has been released for over an hour that people are shocked that FNL always has a FSR

Of course they do, the splash page and card errors always hold ppl back lol

But kudos to those who got a pair.. I copped these and the Hares today

Luckily I've succeeded online in some capacity on every release I've wanted this year

just to add to the earlier discussion, like i mentioned earlier, release day jordans are non-returnable for cash in my area. all the stores offer is store credit or a gift card. so i can definitely co-sign on wanting an A1 product for $200, especially if getting a refund is out of the question.

however, im used to JB quality, so i always go in expecting the worst and am pleasantly surprised when i get a decent pair. lol

Back
Top Bottom