Air Jordan III Retro 5LAB3 "Reflective" Limited Release $225 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undecided, but I still need to see more detailed pics. The upper is a bit too plain for me, and this is coming from someone who likes simplicity in color blocking.

my sloppy reflector custom 3's over these any day

601681_10201149663733159_181400875_n.jpg

934792_10201149667213246_836771825_n.jpg
SICK
smokin.gif

may i ask what you have used to get that reflective effect, i want to apply that stuff on my all black AM1

Last edited:
It's a spray on reflector. Have a search for my thread in sneaker art. I'd link you but am on my phone right now.

If you find some let me know before you use it.

I still stand by my original comment in which the shoe's are dope, but that icy blue sole going as high up in front of the toe box is what's killing it for me. The icy blue sole is a great idea, underneath the shoe's. If they do plan on having that plastic piece as high up as it is, well in my opinion, it should be a solid white or black like on the other 3's.

That's a bold statement to make, 99% of people don't even think the LAB series will stick around, much less produce any classic shoes. I'm in the neutral zone, I feel like the Infrared 3LAB5's will eventually be seen as a classic and these can very well be a classic top Jordan 3. But, I'd have to see final production pictures first as well as hold them in hand. But I'm a sucker for 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 7's, and some 11's, 12's, and 13's. Mainly 5 and below though, so it's always nice seeing a nice mix of two classic shoes. I may be a minority here, but I love the Spi'zikes.
nah, the spi'zikes are nice. Only un-numbered  J's I like. 

I don't care what anybody says, these are a top 3 jordan 3 instantly. Straight fire!!

That's a bold statement to make, 99% of people don't even think the LAB series will stick around, much less produce any classic shoes. I'm in the neutral zone, I feel like the Infrared 3LAB5's will eventually be seen as a classic and these can very well be a classic top Jordan 3. But, I'd have to see final production pictures first as well as hold them in hand. But I'm a sucker for 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 7's, and some 11's, 12's, and 13's. Mainly 5 and below though, so it's always nice seeing a nice mix of two classic shoes. I may be a minority here, but I love the Spi'zikes.

-Nu Retros didn't last, .5 series didn't last, they stopped making new Hybris, BIN series. So people should be skeptical, but hey, it is a different time.

-The clear sole that high up looks good. I wish more 3s had that type of sole color blocking like the Cool Greys have. But once these start to yellow they will look bad. Maybe tinting the sole more would be a good idea

The Spi'zikes are dope, but either they're gone forever or there won't be a release this year. Hopefully they keep going with them in dope colorways though.

-Nu Retros didn't last, .5 series didn't last, they stopped making new Hybris, BIN series. So people should be skeptical, but hey, it is a different time.

-The clear sole that high up looks good. I wish more 3s had that type of sole color blocking like the Cool Greys have. But once these start to yellow they will look bad. Maybe tinting the sole more would be a good idea

Yeah, I know a lot of expansions of the Jordan brand have came and left. That's why I personally think it's too soon to determine whether they are here to stay or not for sure, as well as their worth to people down the line. We're in a new time though, maybe people will catch on to this series and support it hard enough that JB doesn't decide to stop it altogether. I think this series has a better chance though, as long as they do it right and pick dope colorway's like the Infrared 3LAB5's. Since its basically an extension of the flips in the way that they're using a retro model but instead of only using elephant print they are using all the key elements of the popular Jordan's. I think the quality, using the base model's that JB fans love, adding detail from one other beloved Jordan shoe as detail is what's really grabbing people's attention because it looks like a completely different shoe but at the same time it doesn't. On another subject, I really hope JB hasn't scrapped the Flip's and Spi'zikes altogether, I could care less of the other idea's but I really like the Flip's and Spi'zikes even though many people only like sticking within what they already know and don't go out of that comfort zone. The front part going as high as it doesn't bother me, it's probably but that the camera was so close and focused that drew my attention strictly to that aspect, but they should definitely keep it translucent but like a black tint to stay within the colorway theme. It being so icy blue makes it look awkward and out of place with the rest of the shoe and it's theme, but it may just be me and that I'm trippin. Hopefully better or newer picture's do this shoe a little more justice, because I definitely don't want to pass and end up regretting when seeing pictures.

Same here.

As for these, I like them and now I wish I picked up the 3LAB5 infrared so that I can have at least one shoe out of each sig LAB.

Last edited:
The Spi'zikes are dope, but either they're gone forever or there won't be a release this year. Hopefully they keep going with them in dope colorways though.

I hope they don't use the sales stats from the last two colorways as a measure of whether they should keep it going or not. I can see JB "retroing" the succesful past colorways of these like they did with the blk red 6 Rings.

Last edited:
I hope they don't use the sales stats from the last two colorways as a measure of whether they should keep it going or not. I can see JB "retroing" the succesful past colorways of these like they did with the blk red 6 Rings.

I really hope they discontinue the 6 rings and keep the Spi'zikes going lol

If these are as quality as the 3lab5's I will definitely buy.

Last edited:
^Same. Sucker for quality shoes. I return shoes that have quality issues and purchase colorways I think are only okay if the quality is there.

so will these crease & rip easily like the all 3m Vs?

Yes. Just like the Medicom 3 dunk which is all scotch lite (3M) these will be extremely crease prone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom