Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

It's funny the IX'S don't get a lot of love, but came out @ such a pivotal time in hip hop culture.

Outkast, Biggie, Pac 3rd album, Jordan retirement.

I like the shoe but they do feel bulky on my foot.

Also, not a whole lot of MJ time on court plays a factor in people's mind. I remember seeing a picture of him rocking these at a Bulls practice and wearing olives cleaning some golf clubs.

It's funny the IX'S don't get a lot of love, but came out @ such a pivotal time in hip hop culture.

Because they're bulky, relatively ugly, and the 10's came quick. All while the 1's, 2's, and 3's sat for $20s as a joke shoe.

Last edited:

MJ didn't wear em on court, and when ge did in '02 it was too late. Nobody cared.

No pic made these look good but when Nas did his album spread in the projects in queens... One guy in the crowd had them on and they were beautiful and tall.. The best they ever looked IMO.

Seen a dude at the gym with these (2010) on and man...they looked dope. Might end up grabbing em. Never had 9's before.

^No!!! Skip this release too. These shoes break in one wear, no sexy look for the ladies and feel like brick on the feet. Bad purchase! Do not buy! Skip, sleep and pass!!! Buy Nike Air True Blue IIIs!! These IXs are wiggity-wack. Everyone knows it's all about that Nike Air. Ladies like you if buy those, not these.

Just what I needed....Hype. These are actually going from an after thought, to something people are setting their sights on. I don't need that in my life.

^No!!! Skip this release too. These shoes break in one wear, no sexy look for the ladies and feel like brick on the feet. Bad purchase! Do not buy! Skip, sleep and pass!!! Buy Nike Air True Blue IIIs!! These IXs are wiggity-wack. Everyone knows it's all about that Nike Air. Ladies like you if buy those, not these.

Just what I needed....Hype. These are actually going from an after thought, to something people are setting their sights on. I don't need that in my life.

Step back from the computer, go outside and breathe. It's not that serious. This shoe will not have that much hype around it. Never has. RELAX.

LOL well damn, I'm the hype
pimp.gif

love these, definite cop! takes me back to 9th grade ('93) and the 1st retro in '02. MUST have!

Last edited:
It's a IX, very few care
most of the time this is true, but I was shocked when the "barons" came out. As I recall that thread was buzzing pretty loud. Seemed like those were somewhat hyped and sold pretty quick/well. All it takes is some sort of theme and it sometimes blows up just from that. Doesn't work all the time but that one sure seemed to. I bet if the term "bred" never existed there would be at Least 10% less "sneakerheads" right now.

most of the time this is true, but I was shocked when the "barons" came out. As I recall that thread was buzzing pretty loud. Seemed like those were somewhat hyped and sold pretty quick/well. All it takes is some sort of theme and it sometimes blows up just from that. Doesn't work all the time but that one sure seemed to. I bet if the term "bred" never existed there would be at Least 10% less "sneakerheads" right now.
there are certain cw's in unpopular models that cause the masses to come out. i expect that on these

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom