Air Jordan retro IV THUNDER QUICKSTRIKE 12/22 before the end of the year

Exclusivity from JB is a thing of the past.  Maybe as recent as the early 2000's you could make that argument.  You can only maintain so much exclusivity when you drop the same shoes every few years.

1. The same shoe retroed 5 times over 20 years with runs of 500,00 or less would mean that there arent that many functional shoes out there at once. Making them exclusive in comparison to demand.

2. Still isnt manipulation. You have a fully functional brain. You choose to actively seek out these shoes. There is no manipulation whatsoever. Creating demand for your product is what a company is supposed to do.

1. Disagree completely.  There are plenty of shoes that have been dropped over and over again to the point that exclusivity no longer exists (Olympic VII's anyone?).  We're at the point where people aren't wondering if a shoe is going to retro, but when.  They're pretty much emptying the vault.  I don't think Jordan brand in 2012 belongs on some exclusive pedestal in comparison to other brands, although I guess it depends on what your definition of exclusivity is.

2. It's all semantics and up to your own interpretation.  You don't think that their motives with grouping these right next to the XI's in December is to give the consumer an opportunity to come away with something?

I don't mind debating back and forth, but honestly I don't think we're that far off.  Regardless of when these drop, they're going to sell out.  More attention for the Olives next week + either catching some of that post-Christmas money/giving the consumer an alternative if they miss out on the XI's to me is their reasoning for pushing these back.  Who knows with the JB braintrust...although calling them that nowadays may be giving them too much credit.

1. Again, I originally had exclusivity in quotation marks. i obvs dont mean exclusive the way LV, Nike Air Mags, and Lamborghinis are exclusive. I know we are at the point that we ask when a shoe will rerelease, but if I wasnt able to cop a shoe last time it released, have to patiently wait 4-7 years (or more for some shoes) to try my luck again, with no guarantee that my luck will be any better, then I think it is fair to call them exclusive. Hell even a colorway I did get I am reluctant to wear if I really like it, because when it comes out 6 years later, I might not be able to cop and have to wait again. I assume that is why people cop multiple pairs of their favorites if they can. It is also the reason the can sell terrible quality shoes for so much. I got the Fire Reds even though I hate this version with a passion. I doubt I will ever wear them because I cant justify that purchase, I would much rather sell them. I got the Olympics VIs, wore them like 6 times and I am trying to sell them because I caved. The blue is too dark, the shape is off, the sole yellows even if you dont wear the shoe, and the paint job is blotchy

For instance I wasnt able to grab the Concords or the BCIIIs last year (my phone broke and I didnt expect this post Concord mess), I refuse to pay aftermarket Concord prices and I am hunting down the BCIIIs for a decent price. I outgrew the 99s a long time ago since because was still a child and it is going to be at least 2017 by the time they drop again. How can you say JB is not using exclusivity as a large part of their business model?

I would say it is more exclusive than ever. Prior to 2010 if you wanted a shoe you could stroll in the store and grab a pair much after release date with few exceptions. And they are exclusive enough for you to seek out previous releases (like in your sig).

2. i do not think that is their motive. If they decided to drop these both tomorrow, completely unannounced, they would still sell out instantly. You know this, I know this, and they certainly know this. They have released very popular shoes a week or two apart throughout the year. Either way their consumer is coming out with something. If they wanted post Christmas money, they would announce a new colorway instead if pushing back revenue they will make either way

damn.. this whole pushin back the Thunders release is ruining my Christmas shopping!  Guess some people aint gettin christmas presents this year..

Yea, one of my connects confirmed that they will be coupling the Thunders with the bred XI... Maybe that will take a little heat off the Thunder. Then again, it'll just make the RD even more chaotic than it was already gonna be with the bred XI murder fest.

Yea, one of my connects confirmed that they will be coupling the Thunders with the bred XI... Maybe that will take a little heat off the Thunder. Then again, it'll just make the RD even more chaotic than it was already gonna be with the bred XI murder fest.
so now it went from december to black friday?

^^ where does he say anything about black Friday 
nerd.gif

My buddy who works at Foot Action says the system launch sheet still says 11/17, who knows?

Their store however, is not getting them.

Last edited:
Maybe the pack yeah. But just the VII 's for the IV 'S nah! If you pulled it off good come up.

Thunders IV, Bred XI, Cool Grey IX, Stealth Foams, Prism Lebron X, Red Diamond Lebron X all in the month of December... :x :x :x :x :x WTF.

Bred 13's, retailing at $170, just missed December by a few hours with the Jan 1, 2013 RD.  Can't forget 3 colorways of KD V's in December either.  Not the Xmas joints though, those are too ridiculous lookin for me.  And the Spizikes on the 8th aren't a go for me either.

if im not mistaken tho the jordan xiii retailed at 150 originally right so a 20 dollar increase isnt that bad for it bein 10+ years

Back
Top Bottom