Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

need opinions..i like both black grape 5s and toro 4s.. can't decide what i ll buy..i can't buy both... i m soo confused! :S

Nice pics up there 
nthat.gif
makes me feel a little sad again that i missed out.. thanks 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yeah some dude was saying they didnt let him try on shoes while we were waiting on these babys, but somehow they let me try mines on? Its a shoe store, shouldnt they assist you in sizing? Even on a normal week day they size you up unless you know your size...

maybe you look like you had money and ur boy didnt. or you didnt pose a threat and ur boy look like he was gonna run away with the shoes.

Nice pics up there 
nthat.gif

makes me feel a little sad again that i missed out.. thanks 
laugh.gif

:lol:

why do folk ask questions like this? seriously... buy what you like, why would anyone elses opinion matter?

Yeah, but I will say toros just because they'll be cheaper and easier to get.

Yeah some dude was saying they didnt let him try on shoes while we were waiting on these babys, but somehow they let me try mines on? Its a shoe store, shouldnt they assist you in sizing? Even on a normal week day they size you up unless you know your size...

Yeah, sometimes they're funny. Especially when it's a long line of people waiting. It was interesting how when I picked up the V's the guy asked me if I wanted to try them on. I was shocked and assumed he had ulterior motives. Thinking maybe I won't like them, but that might just be me and not trusting people.

They never size u anymore ive been a few ftl lately and none of them even have that big metal shoe size thing anymore .. unless they got somethin new n improved but yea they dnt size u. A kid came in with his mom n he wanted a size bigger his mom said a size lower the employee just brought out 3 damn boxes size lower one in the middle n size bigger .. smh

Every shoe place I frequent allows me to try on the shoes. With all the inconsistencies in sizing from model to model, it would be a disservice to the customer and I wouldn't accept it. It's the only reason I was able to go a size down on HGG's

Only reason u cant really try em on is cuz ifu go in on a limited release n try on an 11 itdnt fit well by the time u do ur rourine of trying it on someone else bought that 10.5 u gonna need cuz most ppl just get the size n leave

I missed out on the Bred 11s back on Xmas, I was very disappointed. The only thing I really wanted for the holidays and I struck out. I was lucky this time around, however, I'm still out on the job site. I won't be able to enjoy them for another week or so.

I missed out on the Bred 11s back on Xmas, I was very disappointed. The only thing I really wanted for the holidays and I struck out. I was lucky this time around, however, I'm still out on the job site. I won't be able to enjoy them for another week or so.

all I want for xmas is u.............

@ fresh he def wasnt my boy lol.. But i definately seemed manerable, but that shouldnt hinder him from trying it on. Plenty of dboys were in line. Its almost comparable to a car lot if im going to buy a car im going to want to test drive to see if i need something smaller or bigger etc.., prob a bad comparison lol

i can't undestand why you can't try them..i tried retros 88 in athens while people were waiting after me, i did the same with the undftd x bape adidas zx5000 in sydney, while the queue after me was big. another day, i bought from a friend's store the air max 1 milan hometurf without trying them(i got the usual size i get in all nike sneakers) and they are at least half a size bigger. they had half size down when i bought them, but when i realized i needed small size, the specific size was gone..i learned my lesson..always, no matter what, i insist to try my size.

now for the black grapes, i tried size 12, i think they run exactly as my white grapes.

They feel that a person shouldn't try the shoes on in the store because customers behind will bellyache and moan about the person holding up progress.  Know your size.  That's the argument that they go with.  But, like you said, you should be able to try on the shoe before you buy, because one foot might fit great, but the other may be too big, or too small.  People just need to develop some patience.  Pure and simple.

because a good majority of people are followers..
because i did not want to buy them when i first saw pictures and did not care about this release. i just saw them in my local foot locker on saturday evening, liked them but my budget does not let me buy 2 pairs in the next 3 weeks. i would say that i am one of a few people here that wants them because they actually find them nice. most people got them because of the tag "grapes", they decided to get them before even seeing them in person.

because i did not want to buy them when i first saw pictures and did not care about this release. i just saw them in my local foot locker on saturday evening, liked them but my budget does not let me buy 2 pairs in the next 3 weeks. i would say that i am one of a few people here that wants them because they actually find them nice. most people got them because of the tag "grapes", they decided to get them before even seeing them in person.
(in ron burgundy voice) or because you are a follower and need reassurance from people on this thread? likely have self esteem and acceptance issues. man up make the decision. you refer to others a bunch in your 2 recent post. who cares about what others do. do you son. your question adds no value this thread. and yes im judging you. 

Last edited:
(in ron burgundy voice) or because you are a follower and need reassurance from people on this thread? likely have self esteem and acceptance issues. man up make the decision. you refer to others a bunch in your 2 recent post. who cares about what others do. do you son. your question adds no value this thread. and yes im judging you. 
and now yours adds value to the thread right? you have never asked for others opinion for anything in your life? judging me for a comment for a pair of sneakers?lmao. grow up.

Anyone see the video of lil' wayne stomping on the flag while wearing a pair of jordan 5 black grapes? Hahahahaha, seriously...

That video is probably going to add more hype to the shoes. I was waiting until people started getting their online pairs in to sell, I am not paying the Ebay prices that are out there at the moment, that's crazy. I'd pay 260-275, no way am I dropping over 300 on these. Love the colors, but at some point I gotta draw a line in the sand and stand behind it.

Back
Top Bottom