Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

And to everyone saying Nike/JB should be releasing more pairs to cpmbat resellers; realistically all its going to do is increase resellers stock. instead of half a garage full theyll have an entire garage full of shoes to sell us at double retail. The only way to kill reselling is on the consumers end. stay true to retail or bust. The amount of shoes nike would have to produce to completely put a lid on reselling just isnt feasible. They'd be loosing money, and the sense of exclusivity that drives sales would disappear.  The market would be overly saturated with shoes. The last thing nike wants is for their best line of shoes to sit on shelves.

And to everyone saying Nike/JB should be releasing more pairs to cpmbat resellers; realistically all its going to do is increase resellers stock. instead of half a garage full theyll have an entire garage full of shoes to sell us at double retail. The only way to kill reselling is on the consumers end. stay true to retail or bust. The amount of shoes nike would have to produce to completely put a lid on reselling just isnt feasible. They'd be loosing money, and the sense of exclusivity that drives sales would disappear.  The market would be overly saturated with shoes. The last thing nike wants is for their best line of shoes to sit on shelves.
I think if they bumped up production a little more, exact numbers I am not sure, but say they increased the amount of pairs then people wouldn't strike out as much. Yes, resellers get more of an opportunity to purchase more pairs to sell, but it also levels the playing field a bit for consumers to actually purchase the item.For the record I don't have a problem with resellers, its part of the game. I respect their hustle, and occasionally I purchase from that market if the price is reasonable. I get what I want and they make some money, that's fair game

Yea it does say in the nike order books that the newer 2014 retros (infared 6, powder blue xs, blue suede 3s) will be 170..... but that could change
Blue Suede 3s?! Hmm... That sounds like it could be overkill or really dope. Lol

Last edited:
exactly, we control their money...im not sure y dude said we dont but if we didnt go out and do anything to cop jordans, they will feel it and it will hurt
at least-we need to hurt resellers by attempting to not paying resell prices...we may miss a cpl kicks we want in the process of correcting the situation but lessons will be learned
Look Jordan brand has learned a thing or 2 from the Video game market in terms of creating a culture and a outlet for geeks. This shoes allow Joe Blow some common ground Joe Black and Joe Perez. Thee shoes have become a way for the people who are looked over in llife to seem apart of the in crowd. I saw a little guy on that Nightline story talking and acting like a Guru and just sat there like really. And then i just thought about how kids was acting over video games and pokemon cards awhile back.

I think if they bumped up production a little more, exact numbers I am not sure, but say they increased the amount of pairs then people wouldn't strike out as much. Yes, resellers get more of an opportunity to purchase more pairs to sell, but it also levels the playing field a bit for consumers to actually purchase the item.For the record I don't have a problem with resellers, its part of the game. I respect their hustle, and occasionally I purchase from that market if the price is reasonable. I get what I want and they make some money, that's fair game
Idk, Resellers already have the ability to buy up the most kicks they can before we get our pairs, how is that going to change? The only thing that will truly level the playing field is decreased interest in the shoes and brand themselves.

Sold my pair to a coworker for $330. Had to do it. Couldn't pass up that price. I like them but I like money more. These are hot but.....

How is it these resellers are able to pick up 10-20 pairs at a time? Does anyone know? I mean, why would any of the stores allow one person to walk in and purchase multiple pairs at one time? It's not like they would make more selling to one individual. They are going to sell them all within a few hours, even if its one pair at a time.

Look Jordan brand has learned a thing or 2 from the Video game market in terms of creating a culture and a outlet for geeks. This shoes allow Joe Blow some common ground Joe Black and Joe Perez. Thee shoes have become a way for the people who are looked over in llife to seem apart of the in crowd. I saw a little guy on that Nightline story talking and acting like a Guru and just sat there like really. And then i just thought about how kids was acting over video games and pokemon cards awhile back.

To elaborate, I think it's like with cell phones. Overnight they all of a sudden became a status symbol. That seems to have happen with sneakers mainstream wise. I think the concord release did that. People saw the extremes people were willing to go to, so they had to have them also. A lot of us, sneakers were like that anyway. Especially depending on our environment and communities.

The resell price on these is actually not as high as I expected. Give or take a few that may hit the $300 mark. But i was expecting these to go $300+ for the most part ive seen sub $275

yes, its a fad at this point...ur right jus like pokemon cards and such for my generation...but pokemon is nothing lik it use to be, so only a matter of time

Shoes are really nice in Person just got mine from ndc ... congratulations to everyone who was able to cop
smile.gif
Can you check the production dates?

yes, its a fad at this point...ur right jus like pokemon cards and such for my generation...but pokemon is nothing lik it use to be, so only a matter of time

I'm not so sure about that.Jordan's have progressively gotten more popular. Think about it this way: have Air Jordan's ever been wack since they have originated in 1985?? The answer to that would be NO, however it may calm down a bit but not by very much. This is a new age and most people(mainly adults) have nothing else to hype over. Its not like me when I was a kid from action figures to video games, and now to sneakers.

These lil rich white kids came into my job had on some nasty team jordans.

I said "oh i got jordans too"

Lil girl says "those arent jordans!"

And i pulled up the pant to show the jumpman.
(I wear the black xii lows)

And look at her like "THOSE arent jordans!"

These lil rich white kids came into my job had on some nasty team jordans.

I said "oh i got jordans too"

Lil girl says "those arent jordans!"

And i pulled up the pant to show the jumpman.
(I wear the black xii lows)

And look at her like "THOSE arent jordans!"

Hahahahaha ive done that before. I felt bad after but then i thought about it n said **** that they gotta learn today

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that.Jordan's have progressively gotten more popular. Think about it this way: have Air Jordan's ever been wack since they have originated in 1985?? The answer to that would be NO, however it may calm down a bit but not by very much. This is a new age and most people(mainly adults) have nothing else to hype over. Its not like me when I was a kid from action figures to video games, and now to sneakers.

it was progressive til about two or 3 years ago then it skyrocketed...they have always been popular but not everyone and they mama needed them. its not adults that r hyping the shoes its the kids that look at it like the "in thng" if u go out in lines at stores or at least where i am its children out, literally most actual adults attempt to order

***also i dont know many adults who wear jordans, that havent been doing it for years. or that started when jays got extra popular and now r on the wagon...only the kids

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom