Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Its pathetic to see whether the fact if this is a GR or QS will predicate peoples' decisions on getting these sneaks.

Still on the fence with these, those pics aren't helping. I think these will clean up nicely. Kinda sad you have to clean the suede right after purchasing, but whatever. Glad I have an unopened bottle of Lincoln EZ in case I end up buying these.

eek.gif
i never saw a DS show look so ashy

these are ok, just think the og model (white) is better, and Imo the aqua 8's are the best black and aqua model thus far..

Im more concerned with the colorway. These are a great take on a classic shoe. More ppl are caught up on materials like they took a 10 year nap and woke up in 2013 to the new retro quality. If your a fan of Jordans you'll buy them , the days of extreme quality is over shoes are being made to be lighter and less costly . Honestly if you ever had an OG or early retro crack or separate on you youll take what you get if your really a fan and be happy just to own them again. Its a shame we wont see Italian leather on Jordans anymore like OG 2s but hey that wont stop me from owning my pair of Chicago 2s. Long story short, I'll take them if their ashy. Suede dye will fix all of that. Im hear for the colorway not the hype or the exclusivity. Ive acepted JB's quality a long time ago.

The "game" been changed.
This.

Have yall not noticed everything sells out. some faster than others but they sell out. And here lately its been pretty obvious JB/Nike/Retailers hold back stock for "restocks"

Personally I like this shoe suede or nubuck. I will be after these. Dont get me wrong i think they look better with the nubuck but they not ugly with suede either

Last edited:
Quick question.

Is it better to go to footlocker store at the mall or outlet for this?

Also, how early should I come before opening? Store opens at 10am Saturday. We have champs and foot locker.  I live in NJ, if it helps.

glad I seen these pics, shoes are trash. Looks like they had a bunch of left overs from the grapes that they just put some cheap V uppers together and glued the remaining grape pieces together to come out with a completely new shoe and hype up some hypebeast losers into actually going crazy over these. Now I see why these aren't QS anymore...lol. definitely passing on these. 

Really hoping these trash talkers are staying true to their word. Not just here but everywhere i want these an with ease would really be appreciated

so you only wanted them cuz they were a limited qs... 
mean.gif
mean.gif
No the quality on GRs (In my opinion) is always a little worse. To me, there is less quality control and that cheap suede is what I'm worried about. The reason they changed these to a GR is because they are hyped right now, which makes me want to get them less. Kids are out there saying these are better than the original white Grapes smh 
mean.gif

Last edited:
No the quality on GRs (In my opinion) is always a little worse. To me, there is less quality control and that cheap suede is what I'm worried about. The reason they changed these to a GR is because they are hyped right now, which makes me want to get them less. Kids are out there saying these are better than the original white Grapes smh 
mean.gif

View media item 410923

Are they using real suede for these? By all means haters keep hating. These are going to be a home run...

Edit: meh, the official pics look like nubuck...

Last edited:
Im more concerned with the colorway. These are a great take on a classic shoe. More ppl are caught up on materials like they took a 10 year nap and woke up in 2013 to the new retro quality. If your a fan of Jordans you'll buy them , the days of extreme quality is over shoes are being made to be lighter and less costly . Honestly if you ever had an OG or early retro crack or separate on you youll take what you get if your really a fan and be happy just to own them again. Its a shame we wont see Italian leather on Jordans anymore like OG 2s but hey that wont stop me from owning my pair of Chicago 2s. Long story short, I'll take them if their ashy. Suede dye will fix all of that. Im hear for the colorway not the hype or the exclusivity. Ive acepted JB's quality a long time ago.
i did too...I don't ask for extreme quality but for a good looking shoe and this suede looks awful to me.... I love my Cavs, my Thunders and my Breds even tho quality is far from perfect...

Last edited:
dont know if this has been posted but i dont see to much ashy larry on his early pair ,not saying its the most reliable source but he says quality is better than bred 4's if they look like what i see here im in 

Back
Top Bottom