Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Dang I hope it’s true. I know I’m in the minority
l9crxI7 (2).png

I never want to be one circulating rumors, but when @zsneakerheads posts "Who would like to see 'X' shoe return?" it usually means release info is on the way

If I'm wrong then I'm a 🤡, but saw the post as I found my 2020 fire reds so figured I'd share

Ugh I need these. I need the grapes too with NA, but wow are those black tongues not gorgeous. I feel likes it’s the 23 on the side and the beauty of the Chicago colorway. It’s one of the most bulls-centric shoe since the 1, IMO.

All the pics of the AMMs made me ponder getting a pair. But then I went in the closet and pulled these out and have worn them the past few days. I don’t need anything else right now. And the yellowing doesn’t bother me at all anymore. Makes me happy just looking toward the door and seeing these things sitting there :lol:
IMG_2550.jpeg

Resurrecting a dead thread because I'm not trying to derail any others. I was looking for another pair of these after selling my first double up pair some time ago. Wasn't trying to pay $300+ for a DS pair, so I lucked out with this pair. Got em for $184 + tax and shipping. Netting and outsole are still in great shape and hardly have any yellowing. Leather is barely creased too. Of course there's the usual misplaced Nike Air but that's par for the course with these as we all know. Pickup is on the left, my first pair from 2020 is on the right.
1000005894.jpg
1000005895.jpg
1000005898.jpg

Just to clarify I didn't stop wearing them because the netting turned yellow, they just sort of fell out of rotation. I was still wearing them well after the yellowing began, I was just amazed at how fast they turned on me. Maybe I didn't store them properly.
Honestly, it seems like the 2020 Fire Reds they yellow way more quickly than previous 5s when worn frequently. IIRC my 2016 Metallics took a while to show any really noticeable yellowing.

Hell nah, my BM5s came from the store with a very slight yellow tint on the netting :lol: :smh:
Not doubting it. I have photos (pictured) of when they came in the mail in 2016, but I had a cheap LG phone back in high school that year, so the photo quality isn't great. But I can see that the netting wasn't yellowing yet. They sat DS in the box for 3 years and sometime in that time frame is when they started to show a very slight yellow tint on the netting.
(July 29, 2016: Mail day)
20160729_171853_HDR.jpg

(April 19, 2019: First time wearing them)
20190425_162844.jpg

Honestly, it seems like the 2020 Fire Reds they yellow way more quickly than previous 5s when worn frequently. IIRC my 2016 Metallics took a while to show any really noticeable yellowing.
Yes.... fire red silver tongues are one of my favorites but was disappointed with how quickly they yellow. The netting on my 2013 Grape 5's look better than the 2020 fire reds. Maybe JB used a different netting material on the 2020 pair.

20240324_2315262345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom