Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

My kicks arrived Monday the 27th. They originally weren't supposed to arrive until May 4th. The funny thing about my order from Sneakers is I was just glad I got them. I don't know about y'all but I feel weird/guilty wearing heat during this time.

Got 3 emails from Nike today, all about exercising at home and Yoga. Where the **** is my shipping Email at? Lol.

My Nike by you custom AF1s ordered 12 days before the shock drop was delivered yesterday. If my pair comes in on the 4th, that means more or less you could have ordered a custom pair of shoes, have it made to your specs, and get the slow shipping from Vietnam and get it around the same time as how long this shock drop is taking some folks.

Normally I wouldn't care, but I've been waiting for this pair to come out for some time. I had the black tongue OGs in 1990, and sold all my 2013 pairs which I hated.

Not trying to start a war. But these constant complaints about slow shipping is getting extremely redundant. I understand you guys are antsy to get these. But they said from the jump these wouldn't be shipping until possibly the 4th. We are going through the craziest **** in our lives, and this is what some of you are worried about. Kinda shows some dudes sense of entitlement.

With all that being said, these look great and hope everyone (including myself) gets their pairs.

Most of us are just joking, I know I am. I know what the situation we are in. I understand all of this. Not in a hurry to get the shoes, now where to rock it.

Not really complaining as a majority of us have no control in this situation. Going on Nike chat will be no use as well to whereabouts of your order.

Most of us are just joking, I know I am. I know what the situation we are in. I understand all of this. Not in a hurry to get the shoes, now where to rock it.

Not really complaining as a majority of us have no control in this situation. Going on Nike chat will be no use as well to whereabouts of your order.
Wasn't really talking about you. You are one of the good ones. Lol. Trust me, I understand it to a point. I'm not gonna pretend if I would have hit on the "shock drop" I wouldn't want them asap. But some dudes are getting all worked up over nothing.

Wasn't really talking about you. You are one of the good ones. Lol. Trust me, I understand it to a point. I'm not gonna pretend if I would have hit on the "shock drop" I wouldn't want them asap. But some dudes are getting all worked up over nothing.

lol thanks. Yeah, I’m not too pissed over this. I fully understand about the delays. The last Nike sale, I ordered some shoes. Along with amount of sales and shipping delays during that time. It took nearly two weeks for them to ship.

If we weren’t in this situation and they took this long to ship. Best believe I’ll be on Nike chat asking for discount code or a free pair of shoes. Lol.

Im sorry bro, you got bad luck. All them shoes were easily attainable.. EXCEPT for maybe UNC 3s.
O
Im sorry bro, you got bad luck. All them shoes were easily attainable.. EXCEPT for maybe UNC 3s.
I got the UNC 3s on snkrs.. I didn't try for the other two, I'm not speaking for myself. My point is that many people struck out. Some people who are into shoes aren't tech savvy and have no interest in monitoring several sites at a time to cop some shoes. People use goat and stockx for the convenience.

I wasn't planning to get a pair since I know the fire red IV's are coming this year, but all these pics make me want to buy this one as well. my pair from 2000 are long gone.

same here. Mine are literally falling apart. Could never bother to get the ones with no NA.

lol thanks. Yeah, I’m not too pissed over this. I fully understand about the delays. The last Nike sale, I ordered some shoes. Along with amount of sales and shipping delays during that time. It took nearly two weeks for them to ship.

If we weren’t in this situation and they took this long to ship. Best believe I’ll be on Nike chat asking for discount code or a free pair of shoes. Lol.
For sure. Like I said if they didn’t say from the beginning these wouldn’t be shipping for 2 weeks I wouldn’t have a problem with anybody complaining. But they did. Oddly enough, I ordered a pair of nmds off of finishline and they showed up the next day. Some nutty **** going on out there.

My Nike by you custom AF1s ordered 12 days before the shock drop was delivered yesterday. If my pair comes in on the 4th, that means more or less you could have ordered a custom pair of shoes, have it made to your specs, and get the slow shipping from Vietnam and get it around the same time as how long this shock drop is taking some folks.

Normally I wouldn't care, but I've been waiting for this pair to come out for some time. I had the black tongue OGs in 1990, and sold all my 2013 pairs which I hated.
The black tongues were my first Jordans ever. When those get a proper release it will be 2 for me and 1 each for my two sons. Wife is looking forward to the photo op lmao

O

I got the UNC 3s on snkrs.. I didn't try for the other two, I'm not speaking for myself. My point is that many people struck out. Some people who are into shoes aren't tech savvy and have no interest in monitoring several sites at a time to cop some shoes. People use goat and stockx for the convenience.

you don’t need to be tech savvy when the same shoe comes out on 3902029292 different sites.

Not trying to start a war. But these constant complaints about slow shipping is getting extremely redundant. I understand you guys are antsy to get these. But they said from the jump these wouldn't be shipping until possibly the 4th. We are going through the craziest **** in our lives, and this is what some of you are worried about. Kinda shows some dudes sense of entitlement.

With all that being said, these look great and hope everyone (including myself) gets their pairs.

OK, i'll bite. No entitlement here. My wife is a frontline nurse, so I very well know the severity of what's going on in the world. I have 2 kids, 6 and 2 and with school being over, i'm not only their care-taker and teacher, but I have to still have to work from home while my wife is gone for 14 hours at a time.

I think to a lot of folks, sneakers are a hobby and complaining about not getting a pair when others got theirs is kinda normal. Doesn't mean this is the highest priority in life, but maybe it's a priority in regards to their hobby.

The black tongues were my first Jordans ever. When those get a proper release it will be 2 for me and 1 each for my two sons. Wife is looking forward to the photo op lmao

haha. We took family photos a few months ago, and I wore my 2019 bred 4s as I had the OGs as well. The photos she picked to print and send out didn't include any shots with my shoes.

And to keep this semi on topic, here I am with my black tongues.

20191126_211934.jpg

I still hate that Nike puts “Just Do It” on the box but at least it’s better than that big *** Nike logo 🤦🏽‍♂️ But overall I’m satisfied with these shoes, leather soft, will be heavy rotation. I just have to pick up some sole shields.

Attachments

• B355A58A-EB81-446C-9CB3-BFB78DBB7580.jpeg
    B355A58A-EB81-446C-9CB3-BFB78DBB7580.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 300C358B-F14F-440E-8937-7C072DC362AD.jpeg
    300C358B-F14F-440E-8937-7C072DC362AD.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 81
  • A0087F8B-93EA-45A3-A4E9-D4BC785E6204.jpeg
    A0087F8B-93EA-45A3-A4E9-D4BC785E6204.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 277535C9-E966-45E2-AAC8-184D60921D03.jpeg
    277535C9-E966-45E2-AAC8-184D60921D03.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 319
For sure. Like I said if they didn’t say from the beginning these wouldn’t be shipping for 2 weeks I wouldn’t have a problem with anybody complaining. But they did. Oddly enough, I ordered a pair of nmds off of finishline and they showed up the next day. Some nutty **** going on out there.
Entitlement? This is a business transaction. I pay- you deliver. They did not say "from the beginning" it would take 2 or 3 weeks. It was in the confirmation email after the transaction. They know if there was a disclaimer before the purchase is complete saying "Warning you will not receive these special shock drop Jordan V shoes that commemorate the debut of the long awaited documentary Last Dance until two days after the original launch date of 5/2" folks would say cool I'll just wait then. But that's not what they did and they continue to drop shoes early that they cannot deliver for another 3 weeks just to get money on their books for the quarterly earnings report. They not slick Ha! Like I said before -for me Nike is the only vendor with shipping delays this egregious. Sams, Walmart, Eastbay, Finishline, Sheikh, Academy --all are getting s***delivered with minimal delay. Not worried about it though...even without the Rona lock down I probably wouldn't wear these for another year :wink:

This may have been answered previously, but does anyone know if these run TTS? Never owned a pair of Jordans but just in case I get lucky on the 2nd, I’d want to get it in the right size.

man who the hell bought these off goat? They couldn’t wait literally two weeks.
You'd be surprised what people do. Just sold mine on eBay for 320. Now I gotta cop my personal pair sat. Just threw em on there to see didn't expect anyone to buy. Considering they on goat for 260 easy

I don't understand posts like these. You say this like it's a foregone conclusion that anyone who wants these will be able to cop them. Niketalk literally told me everyone would be able to cop the UNC 3s, court Purple 2.0s, and dmp 6s meanwhile in every thread on those shoes you see multiple people striking out. Not to mention some of us have jobs where we can't readily sit in the phone. I'm a truck driver and sometimes I'm working Saturday mornings

Thank you. Couldn’t have said it better. Also I’m just at point where I don’t care to deal with release date drama.

haha. We took family photos a few months ago, and I wore my 2019 bred 4s as I had the OGs as well. The photos she picked to print and send out didn't include any shots with my shoes.

And to keep this semi on topic, here I am with my black tongues.

20191126_211934.jpg
Yes! Man I gotta find a photo of me and my black tongue Vs. I was in 3rd grade and man my parents didn’t realize or understand how much I loved the shoe. I have thanked them ever since for getting me Jordans as a kid. I didn’t get every release because I didn’t “need” a new pair every year unlike some of my friends who were pretty spoiled. I did get the 5, 7, 9, and the 13. I stopped caring so much about Js for a while but the 13 was perfection to me. I was the weird one that got the black and blue low 13 and still have them and can still wear them. The leather on them was incredible to me. Shame shoe quality has dropped like it has. Just got back into shoes during this quarantine and hoping the much higher price tag for these new Js means higher quality. I can hope.

Back
Top Bottom