Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

I was going to try the Stutter's out also but I need great cushion for these old legs and from the reviews the cushion isn't that good so i passed.
haha i feel you .. yeah i heard that too, im gonna see if any of my current insoles will fit right in them. We shall see havent bought them yet.

How old are you if you dont mind me asking. This year was first time ive played competitive organized ball since high school ('04) .. lil pick up games half court dont wear on the body like the full court ones. Im 26 and my legs def feel old as hell (moreso out of basketball shape) after a couple games. Getting better though.

Guess cuz im used to being in baseball shape where u sprint for like 3-4 seconds at a time and stop for a couple minutes lol

Last edited:
Guess cuz im used to being in baseball shape where u sprint for like 3-4 seconds at a time and stop for a couple minutes lol

that's funny :lol: I played baseball for years and years before getting into basketball. took me a second to realize baseball didn't teach me to change speeds, I would just sprint all the time and get crazy blisters

that's funny :lol: I played baseball for years and years before getting into basketball. took me a second to realize baseball didn't teach me to change speeds, I would just sprint all the time and get crazy blisters
yeah its completely different. I didnt have a problem in high school when i did both but after my junior year i concentrated on baseball so thats all i knew for conditioning for the next 7 years and never realized how different of in shape i was for basketball.

My last year playin we had these horrible things as a team shoe for like 3/4 the season til every complained enough n we switched to what we wanted to wear.

Adidas Bromium IV
View media item 845681

Nice rotation @ham182
  mine is very similar and includes all those shoes + a few more :lol:

I have way too many in the roto... I guess you could say it's an ever-changing rotation.  Lately I've been going heavy with the Kobe 9, Kobe 8 and Lebron XI.  Haven't given my kd vi, kobe vi, cp3.vii or xx8s a run in a bit.  One of those is probably due up next.

I have similar problem nearly 10 shoes in my current rotation Im on the kobe 9 at the moment after rolling my ankle in XX8ESs but I think when Ive recovered ill be back in some hyperdunks or ZS7s cus Im not feelin all this tech is good to have in the rotation. With so many different shoes my feet/ankles are at risk of injury as im not getting used to any one pair and when playing ball the shoe needs to be intuitive with your feet and switching up so frequently effects this balance IMO.

Last edited:
haha i feel you .. yeah i heard that too, im gonna see if any of my current insoles will fit right in them. We shall see havent bought them yet.

How old are you if you dont mind me asking. This year was first time ive played competitive organized ball since high school ('04) .. lil pick up games half court dont wear on the body like the full court ones. Im 26 and my legs def feel old as hell (moreso out of basketball shape) after a couple games. Getting better though.

I'm 37.... yea I know I'm old lol. I played in high school and college but after that I stopped. I started playing again about 5 years ago and it beats your body up. Your legs will get better, it took me 1 year to really get in shapes since I can't train like I use to.... work, wife, kid, coaching my sons team.

When you have them om ... youll know. One shoe will feel significantly different. Plus if u look st the sole you will be able to tell the difference if so.

Post a pic of both soles n which one you think is popped.
What do you think? 

Those look fine to me.

I mean, when it's popped it's pretty obvious.  Looks like a deflated balloon on the outsole.

What do you think? 
The zoom bags don't look as though they popped. BUT they do look a bit deformed at the corner. Prelude to a pop? I hope not. 
nerd.gif

And it's the ASG right? Man I was planning to cop them for balling, hoping the zoom bags are sturdier. How many times have you played in them? Or do you rock 'em for casual wear?

Last edited:
How many of you guys stayed true on these vs those who went down .5?

Those of you who have other pairs of ball kicks, how do the fit compare?

I feel like my true 9.5 is too long. The 9 feels fine, but I'm nervous that once I start balling in them, they'll be tight.

I feel like my true 9.5 is too long. The 9 feels fine, but I'm nervous that once I start balling in them, they'll be tight.
I went half down in my XX8s and couldn't be happier with the fit.  Compared to other shoes, they run a half size bigger and IMO, when you go down a half, they don't feel overly snug like going down a half may feel in some other ball kicks

Anyway, I think you'll be happy with the 9 unless you have an extremely wide foot.  Even then you may be ok.   Keep in mind that they'll give a little and break in a bit over time.

i went TTS and wished i had gone down .5 size, because they are long.

TTS in the ASGs and they fit just fine. Same 10.5 I wear in Kobes, Jordans, Lebrons, etc.

The zoom bags don't look as though they popped. BUT they do look a bit deformed at the corner. Prelude to a pop? I hope not. :nerd:  

And it's the ASG right? Man I was planning to cop them for balling, hoping the zoom bags are sturdier. How many times have you played in them? Or do you rock 'em for casual wear?

That's good to hear they haven't popped. IT was just weird that they felt different.

But I've balled in them like 3-5 times. They feel great though. Hope they don't pop

How many of you guys rock these casually? Really dig the XX8 SEs and am contemplating getting a pair to wear casually, but not sure how the whole flightplate setup translate off the court. Any feelings for or against this?

I think theyd be nice to wear casually. I though i saw a cpl pics here a while back of casual wear. Check out #xx8se on IG or twitter youll see some folks wearing em. I think youre fine to wear casually dont see why it would be a problem with the set up. Maybe be careful walking over sharp objects or something.

Before I didnt grab the all star pair I was planning on gettin them to rock during the summer casually. But i bought somethin else instead. If i can still find them i will def still do it

Awesome thanks. I don't know much about this "popped bag" problem but is that a durability concern if I'm wearing them off court as well? Appreciate the help!

Don't know what causes the popped airbags so I have no idea if it's an off court casual wear concern too.

Back
Top Bottom