AIR MAX 2011 Spring '11 **PICS**

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

09 sole FTW
pimp.gif

yuppppp

It's a nice shoe. There isn't much more you can say about that. But if this is supposed to be the flagship Air Max of the year, Nike needs to come up with some better designs. Lunar's killin' it right now.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

It's a nice shoe. There isn't much more you can say about that. But if this is supposed to be the flagship Air Max of the year, Nike needs to come up with some better designs. Lunar's killin' it right now.
The AM2011 is pretty dope, actually.  I saw the samples last month and it did no justice to the early catalog pics.  U will be impressed
wink.gif

Here is another shot of them (not my pic - from some blog, forgot who's)

v3ev4o.jpg

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

The AM2011 is pretty dope, actually.  I saw the samples last month and it did no justice to the early catalog pics.

No, I agree. I never said it was ugly. It's nice - and that Blk/Volt pic makes 'em look really great - but the design is kinda underwhelming. Maybe i'm not a fan of the Fuse on the upper but it didn't look super great on my feet. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend out at Nike who sends me sz. 10 running samples and maybe I was expecting too much, but I wasn't a big fan when I saw them (the white upper with varsity royal bottom).

*Quickstrike* info removed lol.

No, I agree. I never said it was ugly. It's nice - and that Blk/Volt pic makes 'em look really great - but the design is kinda underwhelming. Maybe i'm not a fan of the Fuse on the upper but it didn't look super great on my feet. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend out at Nike who sends me sz. 10 running samples and maybe I was expecting too much, but I wasn't a big fan when I saw them (the white upper with varsity royal bottom).

But he showed me something during iChat of some random samples that probably won't ever release and I was blown away at an "Air Max Glide+ 2" sample...looks something like this (a quick photoshop):

Pretty much a LunarGlide+ 2 upper with 360 Air. I've been Lunar crazy so perhaps i'm biased to the sleeker, form-fitting look, but like I was with the AM2010, my reaction to the 2011 was "ehh".
I know Nike is going to push that "fuse" upper.  We'll see if it will stick, but I know after talking with some Ekins its all about keeping it light.

Like you, I have been Lunar crazy too - I've snagged numerous LunarGlide 1s & 2s, Lunar Elites, Lunar Eclipses and LunarPaths this year.  It was hard for me to try an AM2010, especially after falling in love with the AM2009 design.

The AM2010 grew on me, as I did not like the initial pics or first few colorways once they dropped.

My feelings are the opposite for the AM2011; I really like the first few colorways I have seen.  I guess I like the caged/swiss cheese look of the upper.  I was hoping they didn't make the AM2011 too similar to the AM2009/AM2010 and they changed it enough for my liking.

As for your PS, that's one crazy looking hybrid sample your friend showed ya!

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

I would literally buy 10 pairs of those right there ^^^
I actually have both the grey/volt LG2 and the some volt AM2010s.  Hmmmmm (grabs scissors)......

And just to add on to my last post, I love the Lunarlon midsoles and the Air Max midsoles for different uses.  I like the Lunar stuff for actual running, especially the Lunar Eclipses.  The AM midsoles I like for the gym (elliptical), simply standing (like for work), or walking in.

I was hoping they didn't make the AM2011 too similar to the AM2009/AM2010 and they changed it enough for my liking.

That's one thing i'm happy about - a change in 'scenery'. The AM09 to the Tailwind 10 to the AM10 was so boring, and Tailwind sales took away some from the AM10 for sure. I'm sure you saw the scrapped AM10 sample as well...i'm surprised a design that boring and uninspired would even be considered for the flagship!

I actually have both the grey/volt LG2 and the some volt AM2010s. Hmmmmm (grabs scissors)......

Same thing ran through my head lol. I've never sole-swapped before and i'm pretty sure i'd do a terrible job at it. I begged him to send me that sample but he'd get fired in a snap if anything ever left that room lol. FitSole and Dynamic Support is so damn comfy. Speaking on the LunarEclipse - I asked him why it was so expensive...supposedly it takes longer to make a single pair. Time = money lol.

Guess they all cant be as clean as the 95's or 97's but its a nice try. Solid clean look for them new AM's

the forefoot are and toe box are killing me in the 2010... i hope these are as comfy as the 09's...

I'm sure these will look better in person than the catalog pics, but my biggest problem is I haven't seen a single colorway I would want to buy (and I'm not exactly picky as those of you who have seen my AM2009 collection know.

The AM2011 is pretty dope, actually.  I saw the samples last month and it did no justice to the early catalog pics.

But he showed me something during iChat of some random samples that probably won't ever release and I was blown away at an "Air Max Glide+ 2" sample...looks something like this (a quick photoshop):

2m5nzfq.jpg

Pretty much a LunarGlide+ 2 upper with 360 Air. I've been Lunar crazy so perhaps i'm biased to the sleeker, form-fitting look, but like I was with the AM2010, my reaction to the 2011 was "ehh".

I would probably buy every CW they could make of those

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

I'm sure these will look better in person than the catalog pics, but my biggest problem is I haven't seen a single colorway I would want to buy (and I'm not exactly picky as those of you who have seen my AM2009 collection know.
Jeff, just wait till the Q2 colorways.  The Q1 colorways are kinda weak, I agree.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Jeff, just wait till the Q2 colorways.  The Q1 colorways are kinda weak, I agree.

How many are there gonna be?  I've already seen like 20, so I just assumed that would be almost all of them.

Just an FYI...now that I told y'all about that hybrid sample and made a mock PS of it, i'm gonna take it down just to protect my pal lol. jeff - please edit out the text and imgs from when you quoted me!

Back
Top Bottom