AirBNB Questions & Tips

Wife and I are planning heading to the bay area next spring. We're not into the club or bar scene, we're trying to do the regular tourist stuff and sightseeing. Any tips and suggestions are welcome as to what neighborhood we should be looking into and things to do.

Did the Airbnb thing when I went to Toronto last month. Had no issues. As long as you do your homework and read the reviews, you should be good

You dont meet the people b4hand?

How does it work exactly

I booked my pops a spot and the door had a keypad. Host texted him the code. He never met the host.

I booked a room in a BnB Bed-Sty in 13" for 5 days. Since she didn't have any other bookings lady gave me a whole floor of a brownstone for the first 3. I didn't spend much time there. The third day she moved me to the top floor where she had done extensive reno. I was watching tv in the common area and walks in this tall italian goddest. She had been there 3 moths on vacation with her grandpa. In her broken english, she said they had been all over the US using NY as a home base. Friday rolls around and I move into the Times Square Doubletree for two days.

Last edited:
I rented a place in myrtle beach a few months ago. 8bed/9bath on the ocean for the family vacation on my wife's side. It was perfect.

House probably cost 3-4million and we had it for a week for 800 a night. Couldn't get hotel rooms for 14 people for that price. Plus I told the host I had 2 younger kids and they had baby gates waiting on us to block the stairs.

Only way I way will do group vacations to a place that we don't have a vacation property.

I booked my pops a spot and the door had a keypad. Host texted him the code. He never met the host.

Place I stayed last year had the key code doors, they text me the night before letting me know what the key code was. It was extremely easy. Rented a cabin in Gatlinburg, Tn for a weekend. We had indoor and outdoor hot tubs, 3 stories for what most places were charging to get a small 2bedroom cabin.

Airbnb is real easy to use.

Used it for spots in San Diego, Big Bear Lake, Lake Arrowhead and just recently Rosarito.

We've always been given a code for the lock and in like that, no money ever exchanges hands which is good.

Always respect their property, we leave it as clean as we can once we leave.

Back
Top Bottom