AJ XXX (30)

The Navy/silver and the gold fp3 bg series were not limited to 2000.. My store alone had like 30 pairs of each.

The chromeposites were individually numbered though.

from NiceKicks:
The truth is, there was a different shoe altogether in the works to start, a different design worked up by another known Jordan designer. That shoe simply got scrapped along the way.

That’s how we got to this seemingly rushed and eventual Air Jordan XXX design. Tinker and other key stakeholders met with MJ for an annual dinner just this past 2015 All-Star Weekend in New York, on February 16th, to be exact, and it was decided then that Tinker and his longtime graphic design ace Mark Smith would be taking on the project.

I would take the cosmos colorway over the cement 4s... crazy but I think it would be exciting to have a "new" shoe over one I had, then sold once I heard the nike air version was coming a year and some change ago, then say oh hello, again, "yay I'm excited for, wait the same damn shoe".

This is the prototype shoe I designed that Tinker said could possibly come after the XXXs. Thanks Tinker for the encouragement.
I created these in '03 by hand no sewing machine or other tools or devices. Only thread, needle and a thimble.
Thanks for the look,
TheFootwearKing

View media item 1872810
so your still pushing a 10+ year old design? for a new signature shoe

Jordan brand give the yearly numbered Jordan shoe a rest

If this was a car company the style would have already been fazed out by under performing sales year after year
Like every other yearly marquee release this will hit the outlets for a quarter of the box price

Last edited:
hyperbeast u are!!!! that corny galaxy theme is played out...btw the only thing that can save the xxx is if they scrap the silhouette and start from scratch...
Don't mean to repeat what's already been said to others in this thread, but why are you still here if you hate the shoe so much? 

If this was a car company the style would have already been fazed out by under performing sales year after year
Like every other yearly marquee release this will hit the outlets for a quarter of the box price
not true...both the XX8 and XX9 were overall successes and renewed interest in the AJ. Just because a shoe hits the outlet doesn't mean it failed. KDs and Brons are there too.

not true...both the XX8 and XX9 were overall successes and renewed interest in the AJ. Just because a shoe hits the outlet doesn't mean it failed. KDs and Brons are there too.

Exactly. Plus, you don't stop making one of the best performance basketball shoes on the market.

People think there's an uproar about Jordan brand making a similar shoe for the XXX. I couldn't even imagine the uproar there would be if they just stopped making the numbered series all together. There would be riots haha.

People think there's an uproar about Jordan brand making a similar shoe for the XXX. I couldn't even imagine the uproar there would be if they just stopped making the numbered series all together. There would be riots haha.

JB did take a break from the numbered series tho. We are just number 3 into the renumbering. Xx8, xx9, xxx

JB did take a break from the numbered series tho. We are just number 3 into the renumbering. Xx8, xx9, xxx

Ya but we all know the 2009-2012 were still the numbered shoe even though they used the year instead. I mean if they stopped the main Jordan shoe all together.

Ya but we all know the 2009-2012 were still the numbered shoe even though they used the year instead. I mean if they stopped the main Jordan shoe all together.

Exactly.....which is why 28's aren't the 24's and etc.

Yea yea but they still aren't the numbered tho. They brought back the actual numbers for a reason.

Yeah but AJ obviously sees the yearly Jordans as an extension of the numbers... If not, then the xx8 would have been the 24...

Exactly.....which is why 28's aren't the 24's and etc.

Yea yea but they still aren't the numbered tho. They brought back the actual numbers for a reason.

Yeah but AJ obviously sees the yearly Jordans as an extension of the numbers... If not, then the xx8 would have been the 24...

I don't disagree. I'm just saying they def took a "break" from the numbers but they do acknowledge the years series for whatever reasons.

Back
Top Bottom