AJ XXX (30)

any idea when the 30's are releasing in Canada? I know they are releasing at the Jordan store in Toronto (306 YONGE), but i just called my local house of hoops here in Calgary and they don't even have a release date?

Apologies if this has already been said...
Anyone know the fit of these?...
Got the Jordan 28 Christmas...
And got them in a size 11...
And they fit well...
Plan on hoopin in those...
But these will be more towards casual wear...
Any info?...

Apologies if this has already been said...
Anyone know the fit of these?...
Got the Jordan 28 Christmas...
And got them in a size 11...
And they fit well...
Plan on hoopin in those...
But these will be more towards casual wear...
Any info?...

Somewhat more snug than the XX9, IMO.

I didn't grab the XX8, so I can't compare them size wise.

If you have a wider foot, you may want to explore going a half size up.

Obviously, YMMV.

How exactly does Nike and Jordan Brand explain that the Jordan XXX costs less money than the Jordan XI 72-10, Jordan VI Maroon and Jordan IV White Cement?  If sneakers made today are using better technology and materials, wouldn't that cost more then sneakers made 20 years ago or more?

I would love to here their explanation.

How exactly does Nike and Jordan Brand explain that the Jordan XXX costs less money than the Jordan XI 72-10, Jordan VI Maroon and Jordan IV White Cement?  If sneakers made today are using better technology and materials, wouldn't that cost more then sneakers made 20 years ago or more?

Supply and demand...those are highly sought after kicks and people will pay a premium to have a pair. Materials/tech be damned; Nike is in the business of making money

Supply and demand...those are highly sought after kicks and people will pay a premium to have a pair. Materials/tech be damned; Nike is in the business of making money
Nike would never come out and state this.  I would want to hear their PC approach.

Nike would never come out and state this.  I would want to hear their PC approach.

Simple economics "supply and demand" - low supply + demand = higher cost.

since the retro's are usually somewhat of a limited release, the demand for retro shoes are much higher than the new Jordan's, this all leads to a higher cost for the shoes.

Simple economics "supply and demand" - low supply + demand = higher cost.

since the retro's are usually somewhat of a limited release, the demand for retro shoes are much higher than the new Jordan's, this all leads to a higher cost for the shoes.
1.  All of this is not new to me.  Everyone knows Supply and Demand.

2. Nike sold over a million pairs of the 72-10's and are doing a restock.  So miss me with the limited release or supply talk.

3.  Nike is in the business of course of making money... but they cannot just come out and state this as their mission to their customers.  What I am simply wondering is how Nike can justify a lower cost for better materials on it's signature shoe while raising the price on previous releases with much less technology?  I am sure they will never mention it but I would love a sneaker reporter to ask them what the justification is for this move.  Again, Nike would never say supply and demand.

2. Nike sold over a million pairs of the 72-10's and are doing a restock.  So miss me with the limited release or supply talk.

3.  Nike is in the business of course of making money... but they cannot just come out and state this as their mission to their customers.  What I am simply wondering is how Nike can justify a lower cost for better materials on it's signature shoe while raising the price on previous releases with much less technology?  I am sure they will never mention it but I would love a sneaker reporter to ask them what the justification is for this move.  Again, Nike would never say supply and demand.
I only quoted you because I agree with you =) i was just reiterating what you were saying.

and by limited release I mean, once they are sell out, shoes don't usually get restocked... hence the "somewhat" limited release... so once their gone, they are gone, unless nike decides to re-release them down the road.

Last edited:

How do you know it costs less to produce the older shoes though?  In general, I'm sure the knit material is probably close to or less than the cost of producing leather.  Granted the unlocked zoom technology is new, but zoom bags have been used in shoes for years.

How do you know it costs less to produce the older shoes though?  In general, I'm sure the knit material is probably close to or less than the cost of producing leather.  Granted the unlocked zoom technology is new, but zoom bags have been used in shoes for years.
Because history of Jordan Brand would dictate this.  The price increases Jordan Brand has given us over the last 10 years is not because prices of materials jumped through the roof.  It was simply because they could raise the price with very little uproar from the sneaker community. 

I only quoted you because I agree with you =) i was just reiterating what you were saying.

and by limited release I mean, once they are sell out, shoes don't usually get restocked... hence the "somewhat" limited release... so once their gone, they are gone, unless nike decides to re-release them down the road.
My bad... I was assuming you were reiterating what was previously stated.

Because history of Jordan Brand would dictate this.  The price increases Jordan Brand has given us over the last 10 years is not because prices of materials jumped through the roof.  It was simply because they could raise the price with very little uproar from the sneaker community. 
How do previous price increases tell you that one product costs more or less to produce than another?  I'm not seeing the correlation here.

How do previous price increases tell you that one product costs more or less to produce than another?  I'm not seeing the correlation here.
I am confused.  I said history of Jordan Brand dictates the cost of production.  Price increase has nothing to do with it.  None of these shoes cost much for Nike to produce in bulk.  But for Nike to set most retros at $190 and then some at $220 while it's predecessor with newer materials and technology cost $200 is puzzling.

Last edited:

He's saying there is no correlation.

Quote:
 The price increases Jordan Brand has given us over the last 10 years is not because prices of materials jumped through the roof.
Jordan price increase is because they can, because people still buy their products even with the price increase.

a perfect example would be the air Jordan 29's... last years model was $220? and from what I heard and seen in the stores, these didn't sell too well, or as much as Jordan would have liked... in turn, the air Jordan 30's price point dropped.

Last edited:
After recouping their costs...Nike charges what they think people will pay. The only rhyme or reason for it is PROFIT.

Truth be told, Nike's price increases on retros have been driven by resellers. When they realized a cottage industry was being created from people buying their shoes and reselling them for a 20,30, 150% mark up they wanted a piece of the pie.

I am confused.  I said history of Jordan Brand dictates the cost of production.  Price increase has nothing to do with it.  None of these shoes cost much for Nike to produce in bulk.  But for Nike to set most retros at $190 and then some at $220 while it's predecessor with newer materials and technology cost $200 is puzzling.

Dude you are just debating/arguing just to do so.

After recouping their costs...Nike charges what they think people will pay. The only rhyme or reason for it is PROFIT.

Truth be told, Nike's price increases on retros have been driven by resellers. When they realized a cottage industry was being created from people buying their shoes and reselling them for a 20,30, 150% mark up they wanted a piece of the pie.

Truth be told, the price increases are driven by demand.

These are snug but not in a bad way if you are using them for its intended purpose. Really hugs your foot and keeps it locked down. The anti-slip insole is great too. Great cushioning compared to the XX9 that I tried on. Traction seems amazing too. Gonna return them and wait for the black pair as the upper on this color will get dirty quick. Just trying them I can tell you they are on 9/10 scale. Price is fair. One negative is back of your heel will feel the hard heel cup as it has no padding below the achilles pillows.

Probably sending my pair back for a replacement. Just noticed that one of the toe boxes has what looks like a smear of 3M. You can only make out the Jumpman in certain angles on the left shoe.

Well not sure about the smear but your supposed to only be able to see the Jumpman at certain angles, they used lenticular printing on the toe to add depth to the material which gives it the ability for the Jumpman symbol to bee seen from one perspective and then invisible from another. 

Last edited:

They charge more because they can, Nike knows the demand for those shoes are higher than most of the shoes that they produce specifically the 72-10's.

They sold over 1 million pairs, not produced but sold over 1 million pairs.

If they produced 1 million pairs of 30's guess what would happen?

Last edited:
Probably sending my pair back for a replacement. Just noticed that one of the toe boxes has what looks like a smear of 3M. You can only make out the Jumpman in certain angles on the left shoe.

Well not sure about the smear but your supposed to only be able to see the Jumpman at certain angles, they used lenticular printing on the toe to add depth to the material which gives it the ability for the Jumpman symbol to bee seen from one perspective and then invisible from another. 

I see... Gonna need to see other toe boxes and see if this is normal. Just looked off since it's only on the left toe box. On the right one it looks normal and when the jumpman isn't visible that smear is not there. It's only on the left one

Back
Top Bottom