AJ XXX (30)

My go to hoop shoe. Great on the court....
Saw these on the court on the weekend looked sick.

Havn't copped any yet due to the price but I love all the colourways except the riverwalks. Will cop on sale when the XXXs come out.

11s were hot since Ahmad Rashad, I dont remember anyone thinking that. It was more like wtf than anything. They looked good on tv and even better when you saw them in person. Even in Space Jam no one hated on them. Your statement is completely false.
ill jus say i disagree with ur statement

Growing up heard plenty of kids my age say the latent leather looked ugly and wack. Not everyone will like something just bc u or i do. Its all subjective

Lemme start this by saying take this news with a grain of salt.

I spoke with a friend of mines who is in the footwear design field. Over the summer he interned at Asics in Oregon and said he learned some interesting news about the 30s from some ppl he knew at Nike.

According to whomever he knows, Jordan himself scratched the 30 design because it was an ugly shoe. He said the shoe was a performance and tech monster, but it was actually a monster looks wise.

The shoe was almost ready for mass production but Jordan made them redo the shoe to make it look more appealing. According to my homie it'll be a safe but bland looking sneaker. As for release he said due to the redesign it'll launch in Feb for All Star weekend. Of course I was like that don't make sense if this is the 30th anniversary.. He said at best JB will do a very limited release CW this year to satisfy some.

Like I said, take this with a grain of salt.. Just thought I'd share with y'all the info I attained. Sorry in advance if this is known info. Hope we hear something concrete asap. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]
IF this is true, I'm sure I'll be disappointed. "Safe but bland" is not what I was thinking of when the term revolutionary gets thrown around more than once. Jordan himself has demonstrated consistently that he has no style, sense of style, fashion sense or any artistic sensibilities. An ugly shoe to him, sounds like a game changer to me.

It makes me wonder how many times we would have gotten a better design if it weren't for Jordan wanting something different. The only instance I know of when Jordan made Tinker rework the shoe was the toe of the X. Anyone know of any other instances?

Poor us IF this is true. We shall see...

ill jus say i disagree with ur statement

Growing up heard plenty of kids my age say the latent leather looked ugly and wack. Not everyone will like something just bc u or i do. Its all subjective

This.
I remember that most of my basketball friends said the white/black patent jordans looks gay. Even my parents said that. But after a while the aj 11 sold out.
When the aj 13 were leaked i really hated them. I said to myself, why those ugly pods and golfball pattern?
But the longer you look at them and especially wearing them on feet the opinion changed much. Even my parents who first refused to buy them because of the whack design said that they actually don't look bad.

Same goes with most recent air jordans. I hated the 2012 and xx8 when i saw the first pics. But with different photos i really like them.
The problem is that the majority of jordan consumers become conservative whenit comes to style. Instead of going with the time most stick to aj 1 - 14 max or 1 - 6 + 11.

I remember as a kid loving the 11, and hating the 12 cuz it looked like a sea shell, and hating the 13 for the golf ball tee design lol. Now as an adult the 11 12 13 are in my top 5 favorite J's. Back then I think I was just bitter and jealous cuz we were too poor to buy new Jordans

Yeah I can cosign on the Xl hate, all of my friends including myself hated them, they just looked like a marching band shoe, patent leather had no place on a basketball shoe, only on a one you play instrument in, get married or you are laying in a coffin. Shift 20 years later and almost everyone want them, I almost got my self to like them :smile: 

2016 I'm more anxious to see the XVII finally get retro treatment

Not for $250 + tax I am not, I think JB are losing touch with the reality. 

It's actually nike. Look at how much some lebron and kobe elites were sold for. In my opinion 200 bucks is already a lot even for a modern basketball performance shoe.
But paying 200 bucks for low quality retros is even worse.

Yes I agree, $200 is way too much and $250 is just ridiculous. Kobe and Bron elites are even more, but very little people buy them on retails, eventually all those go to the outlets for half of the price.  

It's actually nike. Look at how much some lebron and kobe elites were sold for. In my opinion 200 bucks is already a lot even for a modern basketball performance shoe.
But paying 200 bucks for low quality retros is even worse.

The difference is most GR Kobes and Lebrons get marked down though.. Nike/JB seems to have a problem marking down Retros. It makes me wonder if they don't allow retailers to do or, more likely, they sell retros to retailers at a MUCH higher markup vs Kobes/Lebrons.

Original price on xvii was 200. And they say we'll get the briefcase again. $50 extra isn't surprising at all, 14 years later. I don't pay tax and I'll work on getting them with some sort of discount

Original price on xvii was 200. And they say we'll get the briefcase again. $50 extra isn't surprising at all, 14 years later. I don't pay tax and I'll work on getting them with some sort of discount
At $200 they were overpriced back in the day too and they eventually ended up in the outlets. Briefcase or not, for me that price is crazy, it will cost me $270 for one pair of kicks and they are not even my favorite, I have to be crazy.

Wasn't it the briefcase edition later one, I thought originally they cam in a normal box.  

Last edited:
The original releases came in briefcase. College blue, black, and red. None of the lows. I owned blue and black, and Carolina blue lows. Never owned the copper

the 17+ didn't come with a briefcase and it was $165-$175 depending on the store. there won't be a briefcase with those, if there is i'll be shocked

Not for $250 + tax I am not, I think JB are losing touch with the reality. 
unfortunately they aren't, the consumers are. there are plenty of idiots willing to pay that and more judging by the 17 thread. those will likely sell through within a week or 2 tops if not on day 1.

Last edited:
Can't agree more with you, cat's will continue to drop a quarter grand for a pair of kicks and will look to flip in a week. 

unfortunately they aren't, the consumers are. there are plenty of idiots willing to pay that and more judging by the 17 thread. those will likely sell through within a week or 2 tops if not on day 1.
maybe people have money and really want the shoe?You expect JB to sell them for cheaper or same price as 2002 ? in this Market?

Last edited:
People have money, LOL! It doesn't matter if you have money or not, its a matter of priorities and reason, even if I have millions, I will not be spending $250 + for sneakers with questionable quality and craftsmanship. The only way we can make them work harder for their money and not try to charge us a car payment for shoes - is not to buy them.

I realize that there are a lot of spoiled 14 year olds with overcompensating parents out there, that will continue to spend thousands for their brats addiction, but you and I and all the reasonable people have a choice. Plus hopefully the hype will die soon, I think we are already over the peak and is only a way down now. 

Back
Top Bottom