AJ XXX (30)

Date said 9-29-10-1 which would be tomorrow. Still haven't heard anything else about it. Kinda weird.

Last edited:
Im thinking power laces to coincide with the Mag release. If Marty went to the store to get Mags then Im sure there was a Jordan right next to it in that theoretical universe. That would be dope if the XXX had that type of styling as well. I can see them making it a more streamlined Mag with power laces, red Jumpman on the tongue, Nike Air on the heel. Instant unprecedented hype. Thats pure marketing gold if they went that route. We have the technology, just do it. It doesn't even have to be a performance beast. As long as it isn't a liability and looks good with jeans let this year be an exception to the rule like the X's and have it be a tribute in its own unique way. Flyweave, flywire, some straps and a motor or two. Come on. Be fun for a year again.

Would you stop with the foolish power lace talk on a Jordan signature shoe? How would that even make sense performance wise? Do you understand how much bulk that would add to the shoe? To include the mechanism to do so, all the electronics, charging port, space for the laces to lock into. The point of a performance sneaker is to be light weight and eliminate excess. This is the stupidest idea I've read on NT in 6 years, and you're not the first to say it. The xxx will not have power laces. /rant

Just imagine dudes on the sidelines charging their shoes 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

While I would like to believe sneaker technology has come a long way since those gawd awful T Mac 4's...

View media item 1728291
I gotta agree that power laces on a performance shoe are still a ways off no matter what Tinker says

How would that even make sense performance wise? 
Its not as important as hype. Power lace classic styled Jordans would be hyped like crazy. Also, the X wasn't a performance beast at all so they've shown before that performance isn't everything.

As far as weight goes, if its flyknit a quick circuit board and a small motor wouldn't be that heavy. If that were the case then no one would be flying drones around. This isn't 1988, the components are much more compact these days.

Lets face it, there isn't much more they can do to improve upon the XX9 performance-wise. And those didn't sell out. Im thinking they'd rather sell shoes than make another performance shoe that doesn't. Power laces would guarantee a sell out. 

Again, the electrical components would be much smaller than they were in 1988. I bet you wouldn't even notice them.

Last edited:

Its not as important as hype. Power lace classic styled Jordans would be hyped like crazy. Also, the X wasn't a performance beast at all so they've shown before that performance isn't everything.

As far as weight goes, if its flyknit a quick circuit board and a small motor wouldn't be that heavy. If that were the case then no one would be flying drones around. This isn't 1988, the components are much more compact these days.

Lets face it, there isn't much more they can do to improve upon the XX9 performance-wise. And those didn't sell out. Im thinking they'd rather sell shoes than make another performance shoe that doesn't. Power laces would guarantee a sell out. 

Again, the electrical components would be much smaller than they were in 1988. I bet you wouldn't even notice them.
This entire post doesn't even make sense.  If they really wanted to sell shoes via power lacing they would just release the McFly's end of story.  

As for performance, not only would it add weight, but there is no way it would even come close to being reliable.  Can you imagine how easy those shoes would break after cutting, jumping, being stepped on, falling, getting kicked, etc?  It doesn't even make sense.

The X may not have been a "performance beast" but the design didn't lend itself to not being able to be used for basketball.  A powerlaced shoe wouldn't even make sense basketball wise.  First and foremost, new Jordan's are made to PLAY BASKETBALL in, not to wear casually.  That's why they have retros that they make tons of money on.

The force required to keep the foot in place during sports would probably require a pretty robust tension and locking system (see TMAC 4 above). The only way around that would be an ultraboost type set up where the laces are almost not needed but that would defeat the purpose of power lacing.

I think what you are really saying is that you want the Jordan 30 to be innovative. I think we all want that (and hot looks) but I don't think power lacing is quite ready for primetime.

lol...powered laces. 
roll.gif

the TMac 4 was such a fail in those lacing system as well. bulky as hell and friends that had them the thing in the back on every pair almost always end up flopping around end up broken.

This model is the New Future right?

If not what are these? I know this is A PSNY collaboration but of what if not the new FUTURE.

i'm not big on the 13 sole, maybe the 14 sole even the 15 sole, guess it could be worse, but yeah those are horizon's http://*************.com/news/air-jordan-horizon-13-mesh/
i'm guessing they're picking the sole from models that doesn't have MJ's number or the model number on them. the 12's sole has the 23 on the back on the toe. the 14's says XIV on the bottom. the 15 has his bday and championships. I'd like to see them use the 18 or 19's with a casual top like the Future. those would be mad comfortable. 

i'm not big on the 13 sole, maybe the 14 sole even the 15 sole, guess it could be worse, but yeah those are horizon's http://*************.com/news/air-jordan-horizon-13-mesh/
i'm guessing they're picking the sole from models that doesn't have MJ's number or the model number on them. the 12's sole has the 23 on the back on the toe. the 14's says XIV on the bottom. the 15 has his bday and championships. I'd like to see them use the 18 or 19's with a casual top like the Future. those would be mad comfortable. 
18 or 19 would be nice 28 or 29 sole would work as well

So the only reason MJ will be in Shanghai is because the hornets have 2 global games there. And isn't the event in NYC start today??? So whoever said that just lost their cred.

Was just told that the event does start today so we might actually get to see these this week. [emoji]128293[/emoji]

So the only reason MJ will be in Shanghai is because the hornets have 2 global games there. And isn't the event in NYC start today??? So whoever said that just lost their cred.

Sounds like you got your dates mixed up, the first of there global games doesn't start until October 11 in China, their first game will be October 3 against Orlando in Florida, the next night against Miami, before heading to China for 2 games! Seeing that Thursday is October 1st, that gives MJ 2 days to make it for the Florida run! Sounds like you should have checked the exhibition schedule before writing this?

Back
Top Bottom