AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

etebelz, GREAT find, btw man the mids are above.... you know its rare when jwdanklefs is impressed hahahaah

EXCELLENT post nine point five, wow, is that from your collection?

zach, wow

I saw a pair pf signed game worns for 800 at auction...i've told you guys before I think jwdan has heard it before from me, but just thought I'd bring it up seeing as auctions of gws came up. CANT wait for more. what is the material on the OG tongue?

I am super impressed with the things everyone is posting...

It just seems like it is moving slow...
Takes a month for our OG 1 thread to move 2 pages...
I just get hungry to see more gems, that's all...

Sorry fellas... Everything that is and has been posted has been absolutely incredible! Dont get me wrong about that...

I'll keep quiet now... lol

Nothing to special but here are some pics my buddy Nate took at my place a few months back... His blog  http://www.herrasmoovy.com/2010/10/thegoodlife-project.html

5100918472_9d2cedefc1_b.jpg

5088463712_b21c349d8a_b.jpg

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

etebelz, GREAT find, btw man the mids are above.... you know its rare when jwdanklefs is impressed hahahaah

zach, wow

I saw a pair pf signed game worns for 800 at auction...i've told you guys before I think jwdan has heard it before from me, but just thought I'd bring it up seeing as auctions of gws came up. CANT wait for more. what is the material on the OG tongue?

somebody PLEASE show me the link to these shoes. people keep talking about them but no links are ever offered. there is absolutely, positively no way that a LEGITIMATE pair of game used/signed gamers went for $800. none. not a single chance. somebody please prove me wrong.

jwdanklefs- wow are those yours sorry parten my ignorance much respect if so man you have prettty much every pair id ever want and need if i had it.

nice to see those mods 24k wow bet they are well displayed

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

zach, wow

somebody PLEASE show me the link to these shoes. people keep talking about them but no links are ever offered. there is absolutely, positively no way that a LEGITIMATE pair of game used/signed gamers went for $800. none. not a single chance. somebody please prove me wrong.

I already explained it awhile back man (plus ONLY I keep bringing them up)...they were for a SPORTS auction (no sneakerheads), shoes arent that sought after to sports collectors. GW 5s also went for cheap...The auction house was Lelands....THERE IS NO LINK, ITS NOT LIKE THEY WERE ON EBAY....we already agreed that the two markets differ thus the price difference.

^ yeah the markets differ but I think the Sports Memorabilia collectors spend even more than shoe collectors on Game worn shoes.
I know "sport collector" type guys that think 2-3 grand for a game worn Lebron shoe is a good deal even if it's a general release colorway.

I saw a pair at Lelands go for 800.....but I do realize what you're saying heelintoe, hmmm maybe the 800 pair was an exception to the rule...damn they were a real steal then. Some so called "sports collectors" are not really in it for the stuff, but actually the money. OHHHH and dont let the auction houses fool you. Some auction houses and grading services have sold and graded certain items that weren't actually game worn or even legit in some cases. I'm not joking, my dad collects baseball cards and he's told me a bunch of stories. Did you guys know that "the" Honus Wagner is actually a fake, it was "cut" from a sheet (hence why it is in such good condition) and is actually smaller than the other cards. Dont joke with this stuff, the reason the grading services/ auction houses do such things is simply because large amounts of money and prestige is on the line. The Honus Wagner thing is a secret, but enough people find out about it then the price will plummet. So tell your sports' collector friends about fraud and save them the trouble of spending thousands on a fake/ altered item. BACK TO OG JORDAN 1s, NICE FIND HEELINTOE.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

I hear you. Common sense > COAs....no matter who authenticates the item.

true, but it makes the grading service and auction houses lose their integrity and goes to show that even they are in it for the money and prestige. It ruins the culture and the hobby of collecting. But sure you have a point as well with common sense aspect as well. But I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from with the integrity comment too.

HOLIEST GRAIL ATTAINED!

1985 OG JORDAN I BLACK TOES SIZE 13:

5756399858_f60e217e67_b.jpg

5755856449_1de888691f_b.jpg

no OG laces and no OG box, but i ain't complaining.

gonna use the teeth whitening gel to whiten the midsoles, find some longer flat laces, and i'll be good.

gonna wear them on my birthday this weekend.

found some longer, flat black laces online, couldn't find any locally. but do the round SB laces really look that bad?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

found some longer, flat black laces online, couldn't find any locally. but do the round SB laces really look that bad?

I think the flat ones would look MUCH nicer but I don't think those are necessarily bad, just different

Much congrats on your holiest of all grails acquisition Proto! I know the feeling, and it is definitely an amazing one. Enjoy them bro!

-Jermaine

GREAT p/u proto,,found this on SN (the biter site), finally Jermaine comes back through ahha:
this one released, but ITS FROM MJ'S OWN COLLECTION to be donated to the "JB archive"

michael-jordan-donates-og-aj1-to-jordan-brand-archive-02.jpg

michael-jordan-donates-og-aj1-to-jordan-brand-archive-01.jpg

Question for you all, what type of material did they use on the black toes that makes it so they don't crack like all of the other OG 1's?

^ i don't know that it's different, but perhaps it's applied differently or something. i can't speak for anyone else's pairs, but the black part of the collar on mine seems to be kinda "baked on", like mrmar23 put it... it seems kinda sticky almost (i'm hoping that doesn't mean someone just applied some leather treatment stuff to it or anything)...

i've never seen a pair with the red part cracking and flaking off either tho, and it doesn't seem "baked on", so i dunno...

my fav colorway of 1's tho, so between that, and the fact they don't crack, i'm a happy camper right now!

got my first coating of the teeth whitening gel applied to whiten the midsoles, and got some 63" and 72" flat black laces otw from amazon. had no idea how hard it was to find flat laces longer than 54" until i called nearly every shoe and sporting goods store around here, and nobody had 'em...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

HOLIEST GRAIL ATTAINED!

5756399858_f60e217e67_b.jpg

5755856449_1de888691f_b.jpg
Ya, that would be my pick for grail og AJ1 too because they never did it any justice with the '07 mid-cut retro
& now I feel it might be too late. OG is the only option for this AJ1 colorway. Good for you man!

Back
Top Bottom