AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Great shots Sun... Absolutely incredible!!!

Proto... I've told you everything I have done homie... Remember, it's not the scrubbing that is gonna make em whiter, it's letting the gel do its work just sitting there... Remember to cover the midsole in nice a layer and just let them sit. When you clean them, just make sure you take off all the gel and dry them and then repeat... Pretty simple... But in defense of your blk toes, those KOs and OG1s that I have done were very yellow and I probably pulled enough yellow out of them to get them to the shade that your black toes are now... So it might just be that those are already as white as they're gonna get...

allgood homie. that's a miraculous method you stumbled upon (i assume you did) and i appreciate all your help. the midsoles on my black toes have become noticeably whiter and i'll likely continue the method until i feel it's not helping at all...

^ Yeah all credit goes to someone in the air force 1 thread who did it on a pair of campers... That was where I first saw it... I just took it a few steps further...

oh man those black metallics are nice. Absolutely no cracking on that swoosh, wow. Yeah I heard those red met lows were a PS, hmm, but then again they were in that SC and on a-j.com, so it makes me want to say real. But a guy on page 1 said the wings are red, which he said should have been white or black, which makes them seem PSed.

Which KO cws are confirmed? Bred, Wred, white/ grey, purple? Is that all of the ones you know of?

I spoke to Jermaine about a lot of this stuff on ISS, but since I'm banned, those messages are lost, so whatever.

Is TYPS a game worn or does is mean something else? So for OG 1s, there is the wred double logo, the released ones, black/ gold mets, Lakers, NIKE (on wings instead of Air Jordan...there is a model called "Chicago", but I'm pretty sure there is a 1 with NIKE on the wings), and TYPS's? Does that cover all of them? Thank you so much man, I really appreciate all the info.

I wish this thread had more people though, all of the old guys seem to have left or may just not have checked the thread in awhile.

Does FABES or UCASTA have more 1s (different pairs) than Sunshining? And based on your knowledge who has the most 1s (different pairs)?

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Hey NT, I got a question for all OG 1 owners. My OG 1s came in from eBay today and after inspecting them, I noticed the leather was very stiff. What products would you guys recommend to rejuvenate the leather? Also, how do you guys store your 1s to avoid any cracking along the ankle collar. Fortunately, my pair still has the collar intact and I would like to keep it that way. Thanks
Can anyone help? From the looks of this thread, I guess pics would do a lot more talking.

Toe box is basically stuck in this condition. I fear that if I stuff it, it will ruin the leather.

And a little more...
Spoiler [+]
My 94s and OGs

Stuff them with a bunch of grocery bags all wadded up together. That's the only thing you can do really. I wouldnt use any product on them, they are built like tanks.

^Would a leather conditioner for dress shoes work? I was at Clarks the other day and they had a neutral colored conditioner that I considered using but I just wanted to see if anyone had come across the same problem. I'm a good friend of Mitch btw
-Aaron

Thanks for your nice comments.
As many said it, it's quite hard to know with certainty all the 1's that came out if you consider samples, if you don't, it's actually quite easy,

and I believe that I have all series production that came with box (regular production).

Here are the 3 that I do not have (but I really consider them as mystic and even though I bought a black/Gold on ebay that I never received, I'm not interested in owning them anymore as too many questions marks occur.

1/ Black Grey reversed (I have never seen them in person or from a Nter collection, only in a japanese mag - I believe they are legit) - if anyone has picture please post.

2/ Black Gold ???

3/ Lakers or Huskies ???

As for the AJko, I only own the white red, the black red and the white grey.

Cheers,

Sun.

i do have some small cracking on the black leather on the back collar of my black toes (it's nothing like you see on other OG 1's tho), and was wondering if you guys would recommend applying any kind of leather conditioner or anything... i may take them into a shoe repair place and see what they say...

here's a couple pix:

5779036258_bb7854e05b_b.jpg

5778492097_046ae9f2e2_b.jpg

There's not much you can do imo.
The particularity of the black Toe and some other ST-P productions have that collar much more soft and durable.
I suggest you to leave it that way, you will only deteriorate the shoes + it's really minor and shoes are still in good condition.
Just keep it in a dry environment with temperature around 20C.
Sun.

just to be clear, here's some better pix of my bad collar. i'm just curious if you've seen one this bad on a black toe b4, because i've always heard the black toes don't really have this problem:

5780062952_65f098313c_b.jpg

5780063158_3a9afcfe7a_b.jpg

5780063346_2996fdf43a_b.jpg

and here's the other shoe with the better collar:

5780063540_179ec36405_b.jpg

5779516661_9de2f37c0a_b.jpg

ok, maybe i've just never seen up close pix of that part of other black toe collars, but they always seem like they're more smooth like the good collar pix i posted, not cracking like the bad collar pix.

i'm not complaining, i know at the end of the day they're 26 freaking years old. i was just under the impression they held up a bit more than that. i've never seen a single pair of black toes with the yellow parts showing underneath the black collar, they always seem smooth and intact. hopefully it won't get worse. i just want to be able to wear them with jeans and not worry about the denim rubbing up against it and flaking anything off...

Originally Posted by etebelz

Enjoy em bro! they look great

thanx man. btw, i spoke with the guy on ebay who sold them to you and get this. he bought them at a garage sale 3 years ago for 50 cents... 
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

wore them sunday... shouts to jwdanklefs!!! the whitening gel ended up cleaning off some of the yellowing on the midsoles after all:

5785767002_b3df693ec1_b.jpg
5785766888_30037b0e85_b.jpg
5785766942_2696e48317_b.jpg

5785211339_ce709a8c86_b.jpg
5785767408_ef3abdf822_b.jpg

They look good dude.... I'm jelly... Guess I will have to just stick with my home made pair fir now though... lol

jwdan, check my questions a page or two back. thanks man....lookin good proto...ahaha I remember those instructions on that geocities jordan site on how to turn breds into blck toes ahhaha, memories come back everyday on NT.

wow, those Black Toes look damn good. Really like the shape and the slight vintage feel to them, very good stuff.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

oh man those black metallics are nice. Absolutely no cracking on that swoosh, wow. Yeah I heard those red met lows were a PS, hmm, but then again they were in that SC and on a-j.com, so it makes me want to say real. But a guy on page 1 said the wings are red, which he said should have been white or black, which makes them seem PSed.

Which KO cws are confirmed? Bred, Wred, white/ grey, purple? Is that all of the ones you know of?

I spoke to Jermaine about a lot of this stuff on ISS, but since I'm banned, those messages are lost, so whatever.

Is TYPS a game worn or does is mean something else? So for OG 1s, there is the wred double logo, the released ones, black/ gold mets, Lakers, NIKE (on wings instead of Air Jordan...there is a model called "Chicago", but I'm pretty sure there is a 1 with NIKE on the wings), and TYPS's? Does that cover all of them? Thank you so much man, I really appreciate all the info.

I wish this thread had more people though, all of the old guys seem to have left or may just not have checked the thread in awhile.

Does FABES or UCASTA have more 1s (different pairs) than Sunshining? And based on your knowledge who has the most 1s (different pairs)?

I think the red met lows are a PS. They dont show any sheen at all. SS said they were PSed on the first page and I will go with that...

To my knowledge there was only a white and grey and a metallic blue...

og129.jpg

Then again there was this prototype low... along with the high...

og1130.jpg
og1129.jpg

I think the purple KOs are doctored. I think the material had been dyed or painted, but they most definitely are done with a real pair of OGKOs...

To my knowledge there is a metallic blue and white, blue and white, white and red, white and grey and then the bred and wbred colorways of the AJKO...

og131.jpg
og132.jpg
og147.jpg
og1133.jpg
p1040016l.jpg

FABES has always had alot fo stuff... Sun has a very very complete collection... Me and Ucasta have very similar collections...

And to answer your other question...

The TYPS thing I am not too too sure about.... As far as I know it is just a code showing what factory they were made in...

But you seemed to have asked a question like as for OG1s there is.... ????

That answer is unknown, like I said before, there are too many different one offs and sample types, doctored pairs and afterhours cousins jobs and red headed step children and "unicorns" like Joerdan likes to put it that there will never be an exact documentation of what is really out there...

But here is my best collection of images of 1s and those alike... LOOK AT THEM ALL CLOSELY!!! There is alot of little things that make some of these different...

SORRY FOR THE PIC OVERLOAD!!!!

PLUS ALL THE BABY OG1s!!!!

YO!

If Nike really wants to make me happy... retro the Carolina I's in HIGH TOP and metallic oranges.

Copped on sight.

DF!!!

To answer your question about TYPS pairs, they are "Tong Yang Promo Samples" made for MJ himself. They are lower in ankle collar height by about half an inch, and are mainly found with a couple of different dates on the stamp.

-Jermaine

Thanks a lot JWDAN, I really appreciate it. And of course Jermaine too, haha.

Aren't the shoes with the "angled" wings that say "NIKE" with the traditional I "wings logo" underneath , Chicagos and not 1s?

What are those a sample of in the first post, the lows and the highs? Are they a sample II or I? And what are the shoes with toebox thats very perforated with a larger "lower" wing (flap)? Is that pair with NIKE on the heel and no wings logo whatsoever an inspiration for Terminators possibly?

Have you seen a lot of these in person or just in these pics?

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom