AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

just curious, but i see NDC has them up but OOS. What time did you appear online? anyone have a rough estimate? thanks

tried my luck online but it happened to fail on me...ohhh well i just copped the 2s and 9s for less than 250 shipped i am happy with that purchase...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JAYS

o heck yeeahhh!!!! with a Mac book you gurantee that you will get one !!!! good luck to the people trying to get one... thank tha tha tha bay

Oh wow 
laugh.gif
 ..... not related to Infrared VIs but just online shoe (or anything) purchases.
ACTUALLY, most businesses and e-commerce websites are much more likely to have compatibility with PC-related software than Mac.  But really, if you are constantly updating internet browsers and OS's, it can really be a hassle/pain to try and get online transactions to go through since the host servers and the associated web programming are not updated as fast as the end user.  You also have to consider internet speeds, firewalls, virus protection software, or anything else that would make your web experience less than satisfying.
And, just because Macs are constantly in all the big budget movies and has the mighty Apple stamp, it doesn't mean it's better.  If you think I'm wrong and full of hogwash, then check out Nike Store online and see if you can perform a "successful" search for any of their shoes (I already told NikeStore this last week, and it still is not fixed) with the latest Safari update.  Like I said, it all depends on the browser and OS you use.

My point is: it's probably better to use a PC (just based on speed alone--not power) for hyped online Air Jordan purchases or, at the very least, use Mac software that is not so updated (also could hold true for PCs but not so much).  It all boils down to programming and how fast your computers "talk" to other computers and interprets users' intentions--the simpler, the better.

I seriously, and I do mean it, hope this info helps with some true sneakerhead/Jhead with a future shoe purchase.

Originally Posted by everone303

Originally Posted by datkidfabolous

I actually passed on this release...anyone else? I'm not feeling bad about it either
You might be by your self on this one buddy....
yup...the og's make good company. I still believe in quality...but props to everyone who copped

Originally Posted by ThaThaThaBay

Originally Posted by Trav T

Originally Posted by soups24

so no bracelets at ntsf? pure line up?
interesting...

You mean the raffle right?

I confirmed with the employees that it's a raffle, and it even says so on their facebook page.

Yup, you going to the raffle? I'm thinking about going now
Yeah, I wasn't gonna go, but it doesn't hurt to try.  I thought I might be able to get a pair through Shiekh in Berkeley, but it seems really doubtful now.  At least this will be a little fun in downtown San Francisco.

I'm throwin my '91 ogs in the trash can
or put em next to the dumpster for some bum to cop

maybe i should bury them properly

Originally Posted by donjuannn

FUNDS on HOLD: The merchant (ie: footaction.com or footlocker.com) asks the credit card (or bank if using debit) to place the funds "on hold". The bank agrees and sets the money aside from your "available" balance. For example if you had $500 before the HOLD, then you attempt to buy a $400 item, your available balance would be $100 ( $400 is "on hold" until the merchant officially charges your card). They wont officially charge it until it ships. ( This is common business when doing pre-orders like on amazon.com for a dvd that doesnt come out for another 2 months or for an item that is backordered and will not ship immediately).

You might see a $1 charge on your card so the merchant (finishline or any retailer) can prove your account is real.

FUNDS CHARGED: The money is officially taken out of your account and thus will require a longer process to refund back to your card. Refunds are also called "credits" and will officially appear on your credit card bill as such.

DIFFERENCE: "ON HOLD" =1-3 business days to be available while "refunds" or "credit" can take up to 10 business days.  

Thoughts:

It's not any website fault for this. It's the way credit card systems work. It's not like CASH. And yes, even if you use a debit card which is like cash, you are still subject to 3-5 business days in waiting.

Good luck.

- Don Juan

Yo man, that really does suck, and I agree.  It is the problem with how credit card transactions are handled.  I had to book airline flights manually and do a manual credit card check.  First the $1 to check authenticity, then the real charge -- but it was only a hold.  If you agreed to a $614.98 ticket, then that's the hold put on your card.  And once you say you wanted it, there was no going back to reverse it right away.  It takes days for a reversal.  But if your persistent (because that's how CS works), then you speak with the credit card department to escalate cc reversals that have holds.  I can't tell you how many problems that process causes.  One day, it will change when people whine and complain enough or when someone figures out a solution to this irritating problem on their own to make the process smoother as an enhancement.  Regardless, it is still somewhat of a broken process.

Best of luck to you, for real.

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by JAYS

o heck yeeahhh!!!! with a Mac book you gurantee that you will get one !!!! good luck to the people trying to get one... thank tha tha tha bay

Oh wow 
laugh.gif
 ..... not related to Infrared VIs but just online shoe (or anything) purchases.
ACTUALLY, most businesses and e-commerce websites are much more likely to have compatibility with PC-related software than Mac.  But really, if you are constantly updating internet browsers and OS's, it can really be a hassle/pain to try and get online transactions to go through since the host servers and the associated web programming are not updated as fast as the end user.  You also have to consider internet speeds, firewalls, virus protection software, or anything else that would make your web experience less than satisfying.
And, just because Macs are constantly in all the big budget movies and has the mighty Apple stamp, it doesn't mean it's better.  If you think I'm wrong and full of hogwash, then check out Nike Store online and see if you can perform a "successful" search for any of their shoes (I already told NikeStore this last week, and it still is not fixed) with the latest Safari update.  Like I said, it all depends on the browser and OS you use.

My point is: it's probably better to use a PC (just based on speed alone--not power) for hyped online Air Jordan purchases or, at the very least, use Mac software that is not so updated (also could hold true for PCs but not so much).  It all boils down to programming and how fast your computers "talk" to other computers and interprets users' intentions--the simpler, the better.

I seriously, and I do mean it, hope this info helps with some true sneakerhead/Jhead with a future shoe purchase.

Not even the fastest internet in the world at UC Berkeley could help me with this cop
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by datkidfabolous

I actually passed on this release...anyone else? I'm not feeling bad about it either

Me 2
pimp.gif

i did as well...couldnt mess with the suede on the black pair and i refuse to pay $310 for i "lighter" shade of red...and no im not salty about not being able to buy, i actually could have had these this past tuesday...but congrats to those that like these and were able to buy

interesting...

I confirmed with the employees that it's a raffle, and it even says so on their facebook page.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna go, but it doesn't hurt to try.  I thought I might be able to get a pair through Shiekh in Berkeley, but it seems really doubtful now.  At least this will be a little fun in downtown San Francisco.

For the BIN IX like 110 people came and they only had 49 pairs. I'm just hoping people don't flock over there to stack up on multiple packs. How was the release in Shiekh? I didn't even know they had the pack

Well idk what you trying to prove your point is, but my point is Mac are consider fast soo i just click it and it went thru for me bro. JordanRmyCrack i actually got Space Jam and the Infared Package with my Mac book... let me know if you get yourself a Infared pack???

Copped at HOH in Willowbrook Mall here in Jersey. No hassle. Line was deep though. They gave out tickets at 4:20pm (supposed to had been 5). Lady got mad because she said it should have been 1st come 1st serve because the ticket thing is BS. She wouldnt of got a pair anyway, she came at like 11:40 for a midnight release. LOL

interesting...

For the BIN IX like 110 people came and they only had 49 pairs. I'm just hoping people don't flock over there to stack up on multiple packs. How was the release in Shiekh? I didn't even know they had the pack
I guess our chances are far less for the pack.  I think Champs at the Westfield mall are getting the pack, too. 
The manager at Shiekh in Berkeley told me he was getting them, but he says they're gonna send him the shipment next week. 
I feel like it's not gonna happen, but you never know.

The type of machine you have doesn't have anything to do with how slow or fast your order goes through online. w t f?
laugh.gif

Copped at Footaction on 34st NYC..I say the line was about 70-80 deep but it went smooth sailing at midnight. Met some cools heads btw

Looks like some are having a hard time with getting these, ima wait later down the line to get this I don't care how much they are I kno I can find a steal.

Lol it's funny looking at the first page when everyone didn't believe that this pack was going to actually drop haha. calling people liars and rumor starters lol.

Back
Top Bottom