All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Straight for the jugular 
In “Black Quarterbacks,” I noted that you wrote that RGIII had too much swagger, isn’t humble enough, and most curiously, that he is arrogant for playing injured. This is code. You were calling him a ******. You often rail against or flinch from the word ******, but you are a wealthy man now because you are one of the only mainstream writers in the world still willing to call black people ******* in 2015.
… you are conflating editing with ghostwriting. You’re showing your ***. You’re telling everyone that, on a fundamental level, you don’t know what an editor actually does. Your lack of understanding of basic, working fundamentals of journalism is one of the reasons why you failed as the editor-in-chief of The Undefeated, and why you now blog on a Tumblr for Fox Sports, a multi-platform network with a website of its own that functions just fine.
giphy.gif

Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason 32m32 minutes ago
Wanna thank Greg Howard for taking time to explain his 2010 arrest for second-degree assault on female barmaid. #40HoursCommunityServicce

View media item 1748723

Heh

Whitlock comes off as an egotistical sports writer

Howard comes off as a bitter, petty blogger

This is all entertaining to me. Don't care for either side.

Last edited:
Why two C's on 'service' ? Straight code.

Last edited:
Howard and Whitlock need to settle their differences in a Hell in the Cell match.

Sheesh.
laugh.gif

Yo bro, thank you for posting this. Im a toucher and rich guy i practically listen to them every morning but have been away.

Thank you, bills first 10 gave me the spark i needed. Im going to hit you up tomorrow, you still on that gambling tip? Just turned 27 and its time to follow my passion brother. Would love to catch up n see whats good w u, feel like ive lost myself since 23-24, when we dominated the cbb game

I think its a shame that so many writers aim for click bait and don't actually believe what they say or write, I mean I get it, thats how you eat these days, but it makes it impossible for me to take anything a lot of these guys say seriously.

Last edited:
I think its a shame that so many writers aim for click bait and don't actually believe what they say or write, I mean I get it, thats how you eat these days, but it makes it impossible for me to take anything a lot of these guys say seriously.

Great content will shine though

I've always (for the most part) been a Simmons guy but this crap where he injected himself into Deflategate has to fall off....it's old. The ESPN stuff will always be interesting but the man loves to huff and puff like the league is out to get him more than the actual players/coaches involved. Which people like Simmons love to think because it makes them part of the action and that my friends is all that matters.

Goodell ain't losing sleep over you.

Get to filling out your staff, get back to writing articles, and let's move on.

How has this thread been able to move for months now? What else is there to talk about? :lol:

Last edited:
Jim Miller just penned an article for Vanity Fair:
Can ESPN Solve Its Grantland Problem?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/10/espn-grantland-problem

Over the last two years, ESPN management had heard from Simmons many times that he didn’t think they were selling Grantland aggressively enough. ESPN sources place annual ad revenue for Grantland at about $6 million a year, including the Web site and a Simmons podcast, but since his departure from ESPN, Simmons has rolled out his own (and his owned) podcast, which, according to an industry expert, is probably worth north of $5 million in yearly revenue alone. Thus Simmons is now making for himself roughly the same as Grantland’s entire annual ad-sales revenue.
:x

On one of bill's podcast with Wesley Morris I think he pointed out how full of crap ESPN was regarding revenue for podcast being there or not..

Said he spoke with Corolla who got a ton of sponsorship for his podcast.. And obvious now with his own podcast he doesn't have problems getting sponsors

One would think with the amount of radio sponsors they have, the concept wouldn't be that foreign to them.. Unless they had another agenda

Back
Top Bottom