All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Walt Disney Co.’s ESPN sports network, confronting rising programming costs and a loss of viewers, plans to eliminate as many as 350 positions, about 4.3 percent of its workforce, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

New talk show "Undeniable with Joe Buck" begins November 18th with first guest Derek Jeter on Audience Network, AT&T U-Verse channel 1114 and DirecTV channel 239.

:lol: :lol:
Give it up Joe. You are literally everywhere.

Whitlock and Bomani beef now? :nerd:

really?

Bomani stayed loyal to that dude for a long time, never said one bad thing, and would clap back when people would call him and uncle tom, risked his own reputation when 95% of young black writers think Whitlock is an Uncle Tom.

Jason Whitlock is the Meek Mill of journalism.

Last edited:

Whitlock and Bomani beef now?
nerd.gif

really?

Bomani stayed loyal to that dude for a long time, never said one bad thing, and would clap back when people would call him and uncle tom, risked his own reputation when 95% of young black writers think Whitlock is an Uncle Tom.

Jason Whitlock is the Meek Mill of journalism.
Bomani backed down.
don't think i will be responding to that one
— El Flaco (@bomani_jones) October 22, 2015
for a number of reasons, it will not. hate to disappoint. can't do it with whitlock. won't do it with whitlock. https://t.co/unzSci1ZYI
i need you to understand *no one* has done more for my career than whitlock. man's been good to me. this is my chance to return the favor.

Bomani taking the high road.

Wouldnt surprise me if Whitlock is just trolling to stay relevant. Some of the stuff he wrote on there :stoneface:

I mean, he's writing on Wordpress now for Christ's sakes :lol:

Wouldnt surprise me if Whitlock is just trolling to stay relevant. Some of the stuff he wrote on there
indifferent.gif

I mean, he's writing on Wordpress now for Christ's sakes
laugh.gif
He has nothing left.

Going after one of the few ppl who actually like you still 
laugh.gif

Wouldnt surprise me if Whitlock is just trolling to stay relevant. Some of the stuff he wrote on there
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
He has nothing left.

laugh.gif
Not sure that he likes him. Just his way of showing respect for what he said he's done for his career. 

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
He has nothing left.

laugh.gif
Not sure that he likes him. Just his way of showing respect for what he said he's done for his career. 
ah true, better way to put it 

I think Bomani really had some ether to deliver but didn't pull the trigger because of their earlier relationship. Had no idea whitlock helped bomani get on 

Simmons:

I'm definitely going to be involved in some HBO documentaries - was one of the reasons I wanted to be there.

not sure when my column will come back, and what it will look like. Did it for 18 straight years and was starting to feel like I couldn't win with it anymore. Which is a weird place to be. But I also know that I am gonna wake up one day and be like, "OK! Time to write something!" I'm just not there yet. Was definitely burned out in a lot of different ways... the sabbatical helped, no question.

Telling quote there.

He'll never 'get back' to writing the way we knew it before. If he felt he "couldn't win" when it was a routine then it's not a routine he's going to get back to.

He should really just write NBA stuff. That comes much easier for him than everything else.

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 33m
Interesting how close our computer-generated Top 53 NBA franchise players are to Simmons' Top 60 trade value list.

Hmm....odd shot if true considering they're projecting players 6 years down the road and bill was in the current moment. Those computer rankings are trash

Back
Top Bottom