ALLEN IVERSON AND JADAKISS A5 COMMERCIAL APPRECIATION!!!!

In NYC AI > MJ when I was growing up. The whole hood wanted to be like him , dress like him, ball like him , talk like him. We just wore Jordan's but we all idolized AI
Don't explain yourself to these dudes man. From 97 to 03 there was nobody more cared about than AI. I am only speaking for my city. Maybe in yall corn fed plain states MJ was not where I am from
the thing is MJ was never "cool". just like Kobe, they're the best of all time but they aren't really that interesting. I remember when space jam came out, most of the kids I knew were more interested in it for the bugs bunny daffy etc more than Jordan himself. he had better sneakers but like we wanted to be like AI( for better or worse)

we all practiced the crossover and how to dribble better. slashing to the lane. wearing head bands and arm sleeves with no injuries. nobody was practicing their fadeaway

Right. People started getting cornrows again because of Bone and AI. Mike wasn't cool to us

Folks are still wearing sleeves.

Ask KD who he looked up to growing up in this city. YouTube it. Damn sure not Jordan

Last edited:
AI deserves his credit, but he is overrated because his attittude prevented him from acconplishing much more. cats defend.him cuz hes.cool and all, but dude had on and off court issues and he never reconciled with it.

Nobody said ai was ever the best in the league, saying he was overrated is disrespectful, dude was 6'0 165 holding his own, he never really had a high ceiling he was just relatable to the avg black kid

Right. People started getting cornrows again because of Bone and AI. Mike wasn't cool to us

Folks are still wearing sleeves.

Ask KD who he looked up to growing up in this city. YouTube it. Damn sure not Jordan
dudes will day Jordan because it's the politically correct thing to say.

They can't say the reason why they gave sleeve tattoos and attack the basket is because of Allen Iverson...

He's too toxic

Last edited:
Lebron even came out and said he got tatted and wears sleeves and headband because of AI

Last edited:
the thing is MJ was never "cool". just like Kobe, they're the best of all time but they aren't really that interesting. I remember when space jam came out, most of the kids I knew were more interested in it for the bugs bunny daffy etc more than Jordan himself. he had better sneakers but like we wanted to be like AI( for better or worse)

we all practiced the crossover and how to dribble better. slashing to the lane. wearing head bands and arm sleeves with no injuries. nobody was practicing their fadeaway
Uh, yes he was, and still is among a certain demographic. 

As politically incorrect as it may be to say now, MJ was Cosby Show cool.

Don't forget the influence he had while wearing black shoes, shaving his head, then wearing baggy shorts.

MIchigan followed him, it wasn't the other way around.

Iverson was Tupac cool, which is something that many who were trying to get away from stereotypical imagery, rejected.

Last edited:
dudes will day Jordan because it's the politically correct thing to say.

They can't say the reason why they gave sleeve tattoos and attack the basket is because of Allen Iverson...

He's too toxic

Lets not act like jordan aint have kids playing with their tongue out pause

Shooting fadeaways & trying to do crazy hangtime layups

MJ had another shooting guard trying to be him for his entire career.

K-MdWhL0HkY0pAHfdowvzHnV1oI0umaFt87KtoWVD7zoxPbfIJjVZZWRWuRrNZyWpOYdXDi98Dmql_Bot5b5MrXcpAzwE5OwRHO4z2_ocPMs5QqLt9VkQ0Znrzw-ksZ1y5j9RRA-S6C-x-UHFib_-adv1s2rDBfdXKlzVrPlW1RSY_9Qtw=w313-h470-nc

Bbd_r9OR727dzHDCWpFv2g4qBS9xqeP7GsuLEU96_-ih07UhDikuIJr7eOaEgzJS30jAnoc6yL-57oGFAweyl6t9LkTv-GVl4fujo9hMO_gN3jl5pr2bXgnxFxn9mm-A3tK2jLA9UfEVJd-e1_2bRB65H_tKNXRseIYMFNuYQNaB6-7TpQ=w432-h340-nc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom