Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

How does this work? Are there certain brands/blanks that you use for the apparel? Like... American Apparel tees, or Gildan, etc. ?

What do you put for an "Organization Name" if you don't have one yet?

Yea which shirts are they using? Generic?

How does this work? Are there certain brands/blanks that you use for the apparel? Like... American Apparel tees, or Gildan, etc. ?

What do you put for an "Organization Name" if you don't have one yet?

Organization name - literally just make something up. Amazon doesnt appear to be cross-checking bus. names or anything so I just made a name up. Once your approved there is no mention of any info you put on the form.

In regards to shirt brand, Amazon gives you 2 options that you can choose to offer the customer. They have a basic choice - Gilden, and a premium option - American Apparel used to be what they offered but they've switched recently to a different "premium" brand, I dont remember the name offhand.

But they do leave that up to the designer. You can offer either or both.

You also set your price on your shirts, so depending on the shirt choice, you may charge a slight premium for the better quality shirt. Amazon keeps around $10/shirt. Everything above that is your profit. You set the price, but most people range somewhere between $14.99 and $19.99, with $16.99 kind of being the sweet spot. Thats $7 profit per shirt at that price point! My homie doing 30 shirts a day 3 months in, is pretty crazy and indicative of the potential. Some people take 6 months or even a year to ramp up to that much success, but the people that stick with it all seem to prosper.

I just got approved so I'll be documenting my journey. Stay tuned..

Don't worry bro, it'll happen. Some people waited almost a year! Amazon appears to have ramped up infrastructure so approvals seem to take less time. Took me about a month and a half, which is quicker than anything I've heard from people that were previously approved.

In the meantime, soak up game and get your first 10 designs ready as that is how many you will be able to upload initially.

I pay $9.99/month but it just went up July 1st to $19.99/month (unless you pay annually).

I feel it's easily worth the price of admission, at least early on - to really get acclimated and get a good feel for which niches are selling/etc.

The dope thing is (and something i highly recommend to anybody wanting to do Merch) you can read all of the blog entries on Merchinformer.com for free.

is there a specific software to make design I can mess around with??

is there a specific software to make design I can mess around with??

Apparently Gimp is the best free alternative to photoshop for a desktop cpu.

Ive been messing with make-merch.com
It costs to join but you can actually click on a template and design for free! You wont be able to d/l the design, but you can practice and if you like it you can join. Im doing this on my phone!

For me I'm paying for one month ($19.99) and using it to upload my first 10 designs.

In the process of getting a new home computer in about a week.

From there I'll use the free Gimp software until I feel like I need to cop photoshop.

When I finally tier up into the higher tiers (and start making good money) I will outsource the design work (based on my specific ideas)

Just sent my request today, been sitting on a t-shirt design for years. So we will how this goes once I get approved

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I applied. I hope it goes through soon

How do folks make their generic products from China restricted? Is it through private label? Going through the seller's app and I understand the restrictions with brand name or specialized products but for common stuff with an assortment of competition even though it's all from the usual suppliers are restricted products as well. Wondering why that is and how...

Thanks, applied, wonder how logos work through this, guessing you cant use copyrighted images

signed up...

I think I might have a design but someone likely has it

I finally have my first set of 10 shirts up!

When I started this thread, I was still waiting for approval, then finally got approved, and now finally have my first set of shirts live, I'll try to keep documenting my journey and helping ya'll any way I can.

Let me know when some of you start getting approved!

Amazon starts you at tier 10, which means you can upload 10 designs total, until you sell 10, then you get tiered up to 25, 100, 500, 1000..

For people wanting to see one of my designs, here you go:

1.png

http://amzn.to/2hLJndr

I'll update ya'll as I hopefully start tiering up!

You wouldn't believe the top selling shirts right now.. the top like 10 top sellers right now are solar eclipse shirts, and they're moving hundreds of copies individually!

I'll post some pics of some of the top shirts flourishing when I get to a desktop.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I finally have my first set of 10 shirts up!

When I started this thread, I was still waiting for approval, then finally got approved, and now finally have my first set of shirts live, I'll try to keep documenting my journey and helping ya'll any way I can.

Let me know when some of you start getting approved!

Amazon starts you at tier 10, which means you can upload 10 designs total, until you sell 10, then you get tiered up to 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000..

For people wanting to see one of my designs, here you go:

1.png

http://amzn.to/2hLJndr

I'll update ya'll as I hopefully start tiering up!

You wouldn't believe the top selling shirts right now.. the top like 10 top sellers right now are solar eclipse shirts, and they're moving hundreds of copies individually!

I'll post some pics of some of the top shirts flourishing when I get to a desktop.

When did you first sign up?

Signed up for Amazon.

Almost did this a year ago but was slacking.

Have a few barber shirt designs I've been sitting on.

Back
Top Bottom