America's Most Overpriced cities, I live in #6 smh

i give props to anyone living in the bay area.. mostly SF to SAN JOSE, who can buy a place without help from parents or anybody else. more so if by yourself as a single person. but also a husband and wife couple.

everyone try to stunt here in the Bay. .hella shoes, nice cars.. see where they live doe. with parents, renting, sharing, given a house by parents trying to front they did it all them.

its tough out here man. i can count in one hand how many people/couples who have done it.. one of em are my cousin, and his wife. a damn civil engineer, and other some web developer work at apple. they dont buy hella kicks like most of us bastards here, or worrying about fancy cars. they live simple life, simple shoes, just driving a civic. even then they just bought a place in Blossom Valley in San Jose.. which isn't like the best area--but isnt the worse. old house too. i know they make good money, but i know that mortgage and other monthly expenses add up.

definitely look up to them.. patience is key here. saving and focusing on the prize. ive seen folks floss, none of them got their own place. from that list, in SJ, it says median income is what $100K, and only 21% housing availble for those in the median.. all those places are wack. old ghetto locations. most need to be fixed up. or you gotta settle for a 2-3 bedroom townhouse. the struggle is real out here.

Do they really? I only go there to visit family which is like once every 2 years.
They do, right when you mention it, they start asking you all these questions about what it's like and what not.
I mean, idk if it's like that. I never really thought about it before too hard but come to think of it when I hit downtown Sac with my cousins who live there and I tell a girl "I'm from Oakland, I'm just in town for the night," my batting average does seem to be artificially inflated. 
laugh.gif

i give props to anyone living in the bay area.. mostly SF to SAN JOSE, who can buy a place without help from parents or anybody else. more so if by yourself as a single person. but also a husband and wife couple.

everyone try to stunt here in the Bay. .hella shoes, nice cars.. see where they live doe. with parents, renting, sharing, given a house by parents trying to front they did it all them.

its tough out here man. i can count in one hand how many people/couples who have done it.. one of em are my cousin, and his wife. a damn civil engineer, and other some web developer work at apple. they dont buy hella kicks like most of us bastards here, or worrying about fancy cars. they live simple life, simple shoes, just driving a civic. even then they just bought a place in Blossom Valley in San Jose.. which isn't like the best area--but isnt the worse. old house too. i know they make good money, but i know that mortgage and other monthly expenses add up.

definitely look up to them.. patience is key here. saving and focusing on the prize. ive seen folks floss, none of them got their own place. from that list, in SJ, it says median income is what $100K, and only 21% housing availble for those in the median.. all those places are wack. old ghetto locations. most need to be fixed up. or you gotta settle for a 2-3 bedroom townhouse. the struggle is real out here.

youre rarely gonna see someone in the twenties with their own place. everyone is either sharing an apt or room.
thank goodness i got that rent control

nobody in general cops kicks like that, my dude...

And what's the prize..

...?

You keep alluding to the "prize" but what is it?

The article is stupid. They arent overpriced, that what supply/demand dictates. Saying something is "overpriced" would be saying "X" is overpriced in relation to what "X" offers in return for price. All of those cities are expensive to live in because they either A. Huge metropolis or B. Suburbs of those metropolis mentioned

My first thought when I saw the title.

nobody in general cops kicks like that, my dude...

And what's the prize..

...?

You keep alluding to the "prize" but what is it?
Son snitched on himself several times throughout the post multiple references  to "kicks" was just one of such flags. 
laugh.gif

He's not speaking for us real Bay folk fam trust me on that. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I mean, idk if it's like that. I never really thought about it before too hard but come to think of it when I hit downtown Sac with my cousins who live there and I tell a girl "I'm from Oakland, I'm just in town for the night," my batting average does seem to be artificially inflated. :lol:

Man, I'm telling you. You will get questions left and right. But, haters will come out of the woodworks as well.

Yeah this city is way too overpriced.

Just look at parking in Manhattan. Speaking of, I just got a notice that my rate will go up 70 bucks starting next month and that brings my monthly parking bill to 600 a month. :frown:

Just look at parking in Manhattan. Speaking of, I just got a notice that my rate will go up 70 bucks starting next month and that brings my monthly parking bill to 600 a month. :frown:

****, $600 for parking?! I refused to even my apartment complex $50.

Last edited:

Just look at parking in Manhattan. Speaking of, I just got a notice that my rate will go up 70 bucks starting next month and that brings my monthly parking bill to 600 a month.
frown.gif
****, $600 for parking?! I refused to even my apartment complex $50.
Man I'm questioning the very sanity of even owning a car. Like why?

Currently living in Barcelona and the cost of 4 unlimited use, three month metro passes, basically a calendar year's worth of transportation cost that can take me anywhere within city limits 24/7, cost less than my monthly car note + monthly gas expense alone back home and it's not like flossin with some outrageous note.  Not even taking into account insurance or the $16 dollars a day I was paying for parking at work. 
mean.gif

Oh and I'll never be able to take BART seriously again. 

Last edited:

Currently living in Barcelona and the cost of 4 unlimited use, three month metro passes, basically a calendar year's worth of transportation cost that can take me anywhere within city limits 24/7, cost less than my monthly car note + monthly gas expense alone back home and it's not like flossin with some outrageous note.  Not even taking into account insurance or the $16 dollars a day I was paying for parking at work. :smh:  

Oh in major cities it makes no sense but cars are my thing. lol

Currently living in Barcelona and the cost of 4 unlimited use, three month metro passes, basically a calendar year's worth of transportation cost that can take me anywhere within city limits 24/7, cost less than my monthly car note + monthly gas expense alone back home and it's not like flossin with some outrageous note.  Not even taking into account insurance or the $16 dollars a day I was paying for parking at work. :smh:  

Yeah, thank god for Muni for us city people. Sometimes I just drive up to Bart to avoid parking downtown. Only been around since the '70s though so Bart has a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom