An old fling invites you to their wedding...

You two messed around a few times but nothing romantic ever came about. Strictly a here-and-there physical type deal. You two have maintained a "friendship" for a few years, and by that I mean you both kept in touch somewhat even when sex wasn't in the picture. It was always a running joke that you'd both be at each other's weddings if invited. They text you announcing the news and needs your address so the invite can be mailed off.

Do you rsvp saying you'll attend and actually show up?

Sorry for the typos. I'm on mobile.

Last edited:
if nothing came about, why not? Food, Drinks, more females for here and there physical type deals.

I would go. Its not like you have any strong feelings for each other. You just hooked up a couple times. We're all adults.

:lol: I guess I'm just wondering why she's actually going through with what I thought was a joke. Like, I have memories of our escapades. I'm just curious as to why she's want me there as she gives her vows to be with another man for the rest of her life.

if i don't need to travel too far to get there yeah i'd go to holla at the bridesmaids/female friends of da bride

:lol: I guess I'm just wondering why she's actually going through with what I thought was a joke. Like, I have memories of our escapades. I'm just curious as to why she's want me there as she gives her vows to be with another man for the rest of her life.
You're putting too much thought into it. Just go to the wedding.

Go. Free food. Open bar (hopefully). Jealous (read: easy) women. What's not to like?

Just don't walk in there thinking you're cool and then when they ask if anyone objects you start crying out saying you guys would be magic together.

But seriously tho just go. Have fun. Get drunk if that's what you do. Get faded if that's what you do.

Last edited:
Go. Free food. Open bar (hopefully). Jealous (read: easy) women. What's not to like?
Just don't walk in there thinking you're cool and then when they ask if anyone objects you start crying out saying you guys would be magic together.
Honestly, it's not like the food is free. OP will need to basically supply a gift (cash or off the registry) that likely covers the cost of his plate.

Don't go. You gonna get drunk and say something you shouldn't say and the groom is gonna give you that WORK

Make sure you get the groom a yellow umbrella and a blue french horn if you're going to steal his girl you jerk :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

I'm not a big wedding acquaintance guy. I only attend if it's a real bond.

Plus, since you asking questions about it, it seems you got some suppressed feelings for shorty. And you never know what type of emotions that type of situation is gonna evoke until you're put on that stage.

Plus, I think its disrespectful to the dude. I'll be damned if I'd allow a dude at my wedding that my soon to be wife smashed. If he don't know about you and yalls past, then you don't need to be there strictly out of respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom