Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady Vol. #1 in Orlando

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

Yes, T-Mac was not at fault AT ALL for NEVER making it out of the first round. No matter what team he was on. Zero liability. The captain and the leader of teams will get no fault in never being out of the first round. It's not YOUR fault T-Mac. None whatsoever.
Remember, we are speaking on TMAC in orlando. 3 years in the playoffs. Bucks, Pistons, and I forget the other team.

But why should he be blamed? He does the most for the team, so why should he be blamed for it. I am seriously asking this question.

Being the leader means what? It doesn't mean that he is supposed to magically make his players play so well that they beat teams CLEARLY better than theirs. I don't agree with that logic. It is something the media does that never made sense.

You blame the person that without a doubt did the most for the team? He held up his end of the deal, his teammates just weren't good enough. Not sure why that is such a hard concept to understand man. One team is better than the other. The better teams USUALLY wins in a series. So if the worse team loses, why should we blame the player that produced the most for that team?

Try to look at it logically and deprogram the typical way we are taught to think about this topic.

Do we blame AI for not winning vs. the Lakers?
Do we blame KG for never winning a ring in Minny?

Why are we blaming the person that produces the most is my question?
But you are saying that he should get ANY blame. Like any? Minus the Bucks and Hornets. They had a very good shot being up 3-1 against Detroit. Does T-Mac show up during that Game 7  Now you and others have stated, better teams win the series and such, but upsets have happened in the playoffs with better teams being favorite losing still. AI and KG not winning rings were both because of the lakers which were the best team in the league, west/east coast. KG got far enough to at least see the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. AI got far enough to see the Lakers in the NBA finals. These dudes got out of the first round being the best players on their team.You're not going to look at them and say you are the main reasons why we're not winning, but yo, some blame has to be put on. Great players make their teammates better. Yeah, they're doing the most, but is it enough? It is an inexcusable for T-Mac as great as he was, to never get out of the first round.

Yes, T-Mac was not at fault AT ALL for NEVER making it out of the first round. No matter what team he was on. Zero liability. The captain and the leader of teams will get no fault in never being out of the first round. It's not YOUR fault T-Mac. None whatsoever.
Remember, we are speaking on TMAC in orlando. 3 years in the playoffs. Bucks, Pistons, and I forget the other team.

But why should he be blamed? He does the most for the team, so why should he be blamed for it. I am seriously asking this question.

Being the leader means what? It doesn't mean that he is supposed to magically make his players play so well that they beat teams CLEARLY better than theirs. I don't agree with that logic. It is something the media does that never made sense.

You blame the person that without a doubt did the most for the team? He held up his end of the deal, his teammates just weren't good enough. Not sure why that is such a hard concept to understand man. One team is better than the other. The better teams USUALLY wins in a series. So if the worse team loses, why should we blame the player that produced the most for that team?

Try to look at it logically and deprogram the typical way we are taught to think about this topic.

Do we blame AI for not winning vs. the Lakers?
Do we blame KG for never winning a ring in Minny?

Why are we blaming the person that produces the most is my question?
But you are saying that he should get ANY blame. Like any? Minus the Bucks and Hornets. They had a very good shot being up 3-1 against Detroit. Does T-Mac show up during that Game 7  Now you and others have stated, better teams win the series and such, but upsets have happened in the playoffs with better teams being favorite losing still. AI and KG not winning rings were both because of the lakers which were the best team in the league, west/east coast. KG got far enough to at least see the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. AI got far enough to see the Lakers in the NBA finals. These dudes got out of the first round being the best players on their team.You're not going to look at them and say you are the main reasons why we're not winning, but yo, some blame has to be put on. Great players make their teammates better. Yeah, they're doing the most, but is it enough? It is an inexcusable for T-Mac as great as he was, to never get out of the first round.

No I never said he shouldn't get ANY blame. I am saying that it shouldn't be, "TMAC never got out of the first round." That statement alone is indirectly implying that TMAC has never done enough to get out of the first round.

The statement should read, "TMAC has never played on a team that has advanced out of the first round." That statement isn't an indirect form of faulting TMAC for the turn of events.

Two similar statements that have two completely different meanings.

And conventional thinking says that someONE has to be blamed. Looking at it from the bench, you don't blame a player. You blame a series of plays/events. The media uses a simplistic form of blame by using NAMES of players. A coach would tell you, "We didn't keep them off of the glass. We didn't hit shots. We didn't stop them from getting in their sweet spots." I think saying, "_____ is the reason they lost is a lazy way of looking at it."

I agree, great players make their teammates better, but that doesn't mean they will make them better than a better team they are facing in a 7 game series.

So I disagree with you saying, "It is an inexcusable for T-Mac as great as he was, to never get out of the first round." Because it is a TEAM game. If this was a one-on-one tournament, then I would agree but it isn't.

Hope you understand where I am coming from.

No I never said he shouldn't get ANY blame. I am saying that it shouldn't be, "TMAC never got out of the first round." That statement alone is indirectly implying that TMAC has never done enough to get out of the first round.

The statement should read, "TMAC has never played on a team that has advanced out of the first round." That statement isn't an indirect form of faulting TMAC for the turn of events.

Two similar statements that have two completely different meanings.

And conventional thinking says that someONE has to be blamed. Looking at it from the bench, you don't blame a player. You blame a series of plays/events. The media uses a simplistic form of blame by using NAMES of players. A coach would tell you, "We didn't keep them off of the glass. We didn't hit shots. We didn't stop them from getting in their sweet spots." I think saying, "_____ is the reason they lost is a lazy way of looking at it."

I agree, great players make their teammates better, but that doesn't mean they will make them better than a better team they are facing in a 7 game series.

So I disagree with you saying, "It is an inexcusable for T-Mac as great as he was, to never get out of the first round." Because it is a TEAM game. If this was a one-on-one tournament, then I would agree but it isn't.

Hope you understand where I am coming from.

At first you stated that "why are we blaming the person" that produces the most or does the most, but then you're saying you never said that he shouldn't get any blame. TMAC along with his teammates have never done enough to get out of the first round. TMAC has never played on a team that has advanced out of the first round......except the Houston Rockets who advanced out of the first round without TMAC playing an actual playoff game. I understand certain aspects of your argument but overall, it doesn't seem that we are going to agree, which is okay.

At first you stated that "why are we blaming the person" that produces the most or does the most, but then you're saying you never said that he shouldn't get any blame. TMAC along with his teammates have never done enough to get out of the first round. TMAC has never played on a team that has advanced out of the first round......except the Houston Rockets who advanced out of the first round without TMAC playing an actual playoff game. I understand certain aspects of your argument but overall, it doesn't seem that we are going to agree, which is okay.

TMAC has never played on a team that has advanced out of the first round......except the Houston Rockets who advanced out of the first round without TMAC playing an actual playoff game.
Are you insinuating that they won simply because TMAC wasn't there?

TMAC has never played on a team that has advanced out of the first round......except the Houston Rockets who advanced out of the first round without TMAC playing an actual playoff game.

At first you stated that "why are we blaming the person" that produces the most or does the most, but then you're saying you never said that he shouldn't get any blame.
Statement A: Why are we blaming (majority blame) the person" that produces the most or does the most
Statement B: I never said that TMAC should get 0 blame.

Statements do not conflict.

But as I said, blaming SOMEONE for a team's loss is a lazy/elementary way of doing it. You would never see me use this method of game analysis. Because it isn't as simple as, "Blame the leader. He is the leader, no matter what he should will his team to victory." See my issue with this is someone has to win and someone has to lose. If two teams have leaders, are they both "supposed" to will their team to victory? If not they should receive the most individual blame since they are the leaders? Still doesn't make sense.

Let me give you a comparative analogy. You own a company. 5 sales reps under your rule. Your #1 guy has been with you since the start of the company. The 4 other guys have been tutored and trained by this #1 guy. The #1 guy is the leader, most experienced, and most productive salesman.

End of the year #'s are released and we see that his numbers are head and shoulders above everyone else. But as a whole, the company's numbers aren't what you think they should be. This year was finished in the red. A complete failure.

What do you do as a employer?
A. Do you blame your #1 guy who did his part and essentially carried the unit?
B. Do you look at all contributing factors like new local businesses that could have stolen clients, the recession, or  even a lack of new products created this year by your company.
C. Do you look at the other 4 reps and tell them to improve their production?

I am more of a B person. I look at why the outcome happened the way it happened. I want to break down the situation and look at monthly reports (play by play game film in basketball) and make sure everyone on the ENTIRE TEAM knows why we failed as a unit.

C would be the 2nd option (distant 2nd)

option A would make no sense to me at all.

At first you stated that "why are we blaming the person" that produces the most or does the most, but then you're saying you never said that he shouldn't get any blame.
Statement A: Why are we blaming (majority blame) the person" that produces the most or does the most

But as I said, blaming SOMEONE for a team's loss is a lazy/elementary way of doing it. You would never see me use this method of game analysis. Because it isn't as simple as, "Blame the leader. He is the leader, no matter what he should will his team to victory." See my issue with this is someone has to win and someone has to lose. If two teams have leaders, are they both "supposed" to will their team to victory? If not they should receive the most individual blame since they are the leaders? Still doesn't make sense.

Let me give you a comparative analogy. You own a company. 5 sales reps under your rule. Your #1 guy has been with you since the start of the company. The 4 other guys have been tutored and trained by this #1 guy. The #1 guy is the leader, most experienced, and most productive salesman.

End of the year #'s are released and we see that his numbers are head and shoulders above everyone else. But as a whole, the company's numbers aren't what you think they should be. This year was finished in the red. A complete failure.

B. Do you look at all contributing factors like new local businesses that could have stolen clients, the recession, or  even a lack of new products created this year by your company.

I am more of a B person. I look at why the outcome happened the way it happened. I want to break down the situation and look at monthly reports (play by play game film in basketball) and make sure everyone on the ENTIRE TEAM knows why we failed as a unit.

I am insinuating that Tracy McGrady has never gotten out of the first round of any NBA playoff. I find it weird that the one time where a team he was on made it out of the first round of a playoff, he wasn't actively apart of any game.  I am saying that they advanced to a conference finals and Tracy McGrady had NOTHING to do with it.

I am insinuating that Tracy McGrady has never gotten out of the first round of any NBA playoff. I find it weird that the one time where a team he was on made it out of the first round of a playoff, he wasn't actively apart of any game.  I am saying that they advanced to a conference finals and Tracy McGrady had NOTHING to do with it.

See, you've changed statement A. Because not once did you clarify "majority blame" until now. Where as I have stated all along that blame should not be placed SOLEY on him, but that he does get some of it. You never said T-Mac should get 0 blame yet you question why any blame is directed towards him?
You can look at all the different scenarios of why someone loses in anything. At some point you have to re-evaulate self and since it is a team sport, the team. EVERYONE on the team.  

In reference to your analogy, If my number 1 guy has trained and tutored these reps. I am going to expect to see positive results collectively. If I am putting my trust in this number 1 guy to begin with, he is going to garner a lot of responsibility to make sure the reps under him are properly trained. The odes to being Number 1. You get a lot of incentive, yet a lot is expected of you. Of course, I am going to look at other important factors, as you stated in option B, but come review time, I am going to evaluate the 4 reps and then evaluate my number 1 for he was their lead. Yes he got his, but I'm looking to see what he did with the team and not by himself only. 

So I guess I will be a D: All of the Above type of guy.

See, you've changed statement A. Because not once did you clarify "majority blame" until now. Where as I have stated all along that blame should not be placed SOLEY on him, but that he does get some of it. You never said T-Mac should get 0 blame yet you question why any blame is directed towards him?
You can look at all the different scenarios of why someone loses in anything. At some point you have to re-evaulate self and since it is a team sport, the team. EVERYONE on the team.  

In reference to your analogy, If my number 1 guy has trained and tutored these reps. I am going to expect to see positive results collectively. If I am putting my trust in this number 1 guy to begin with, he is going to garner a lot of responsibility to make sure the reps under him are properly trained. The odes to being Number 1. You get a lot of incentive, yet a lot is expected of you. Of course, I am going to look at other important factors, as you stated in option B, but come review time, I am going to evaluate the 4 reps and then evaluate my number 1 for he was their lead. Yes he got his, but I'm looking to see what he did with the team and not by himself only. 

So I guess I will be a D: All of the Above type of guy.

I look at that analogy and see a guy who is great at sales but might be bad at training. 

He might be extremely bad at preparation and research but make up for it in charming clients and talking to people.  And then the other 4 trainees follow his example in the preparation but are unable to replicate his charm and talent in landing the deal. 

And if that is the case then yea, the company red lining would be his fault. 

I look at that analogy and see a guy who is great at sales but might be bad at training. 

He might be extremely bad at preparation and research but make up for it in charming clients and talking to people.  And then the other 4 trainees follow his example in the preparation but are unable to replicate his charm and talent in landing the deal. 

And if that is the case then yea, the company red lining would be his fault. 

A dayum circle in here. The Rose fan can just exit. You bring nothing to the argument.

Bob, come on, lets discuss Penny's Magic post Shaq and T-Mac's Magic. Lets talk about leadership. Bring it.

A dayum circle in here. The Rose fan can just exit. You bring nothing to the argument.

Bob, come on, lets discuss Penny's Magic post Shaq and T-Mac's Magic. Lets talk about leadership. Bring it.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
Penny couldn't even get a title with Shaq. 

The 1st round was a breeze though.

Sidenote-Nobody in my school's gym knew who Tyreke Evans is...not even dudes on the Men's team. Is this common? Do people even follow basketball anymore or just play it.

I'm not sure where you live but thats funny and sad at the sametime.  They should at least know players from 2k
laugh.gif

I go to UVa...and I asked them did they play 2k after I gave them one of these
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
Penny couldn't even get a title with Shaq. 

The 1st round was a breeze though.

Sidenote-Nobody in my school's gym knew who Tyreke Evans is...not even dudes on the Men's team. Is this common? Do people even follow basketball anymore or just play it.

I'm not sure where you live but thats funny and sad at the sametime.  They should at least know players from 2k
laugh.gif

I go to UVa...and I asked them did they play 2k after I gave them one of these
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom