Any info on Black Garnett 3s?

11l26q8.jpg

I heard these shoes were releasing again this year at some point? Is that true or was someone giving me misleading info? Anybody with any info on these I thankyou in advance.

YES I think it was sometime in the FALL .... I cant wait to cop these again . Such a DOPE shoe , wish I still had my OG's but I beat them to the groundhoopin on the court .

i wonder wht is the new name on these...
i remember the OP told a name of these... Air something instead of air garnett iii... but i forgot

quotel:

better keep you eye out for them, cause they'll have a name that is still unknown to us all

not true.

Maybe they'll be called the "Air Ticket"? I know Nike will probably ask KG for permission to use his name.

^^^ I heard the name was going to be just, Nike Air III but that seems a little presumtious. Thats what my buddy says they are listed as when he got a look atupcomming releases.

Hands down one of my all time favorites of the post 2000 era. cant wait to buy these again. heard they arent going to have the tuned air system but ill getover it. KG why would you ever leave Nike??

i actually read on sneakernews.com that the name has been changed to the Nike Air Max 3. another change is the sole, as everyone might know the OGs had the OBFlogo on the sole but it obviously has been removed and just swapped for the swoosh logo.

nike-air-max-3-air-garnett-3-black-blue-06-570x320.jpg

Because Kevin Garnett is no longer with Nike, when his Air Garnett 3 sneaker is retroed laterthis year, it will be known as the Air Max 3, not the most creative replacement, but the shoe looks good, so we don't mind. With the Air Garnett 3providing much of the inspiration for the Zoom FunPolice model that we've been showing you, the time seems right to throw these back into the Retro mix. The shoe features a black leather andmesh upper with sections of nubuck filling in the gaps. The black midsole features Zoom Air technology as well as large visible Air bubble in the heel. Themost notable attribute, however, has to be the Hyper Blue gradient effect that covers several sections of the upper. The only other major change besides thename, is that the "OBF" (Original Block Family) logo that used to appear on the sole has been removed, but surely, most of us will be able to lookpast that. The look and performance of this shoe made it an instant classic nearly a decade ago, and it will, no doubt, fly off the shelves when it isre-released this coming October. Via FootLockerUnlocked.

Originally Posted by macgyver35

i think the name was like KG III

first you are wrong, cause the name of this shoe is not KG III, it was Nike Air Garnett III, and second the name changed cause nike cannot release it underit's original name cause garnett is no longer with nike. that is why they also made changes to the shoe. obf was garnett's official block family, andon the tongue they'll most likely replace garnett's name with the swoosh

Regardless of what changes were made this shoe holds no candle next to the originals. These shoes were made iconic by KG, so since they are no longer named theair garnetts, no longer have tuned air, and as silly as it seems no longer have the infamous OBF logo on the sole these shoes are NOT considered garnetts in myopinion. they now just seem like some ordinary nike basketball shoes. thankfully i scooped up an original pair off ebay a couple of months ago.

Originally Posted by Pinero354

11l26q8.jpg

I heard these shoes were releasing again this year at some point? Is that true or was someone giving me misleading info? Anybody with any info on these I thank you in advance.

Are those Jordan 1 black/blue retros next to it? i'd love to get my hands on a pair of those. these garnetts arent as nice as i remember them, theylook like a generic version or something. i think you guys are onto something...

EDWeeNo-retroes in general are not as good as the originals so its not a big deal.however,having a chance to purchase these if you missed out the first timearound(like me)is a big deal.

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

EDWeeNo-retroes in general are not as good as the originals so its not a big deal.however,having a chance to purchase these if you missed out the first time around(like me)is a big deal.

is that the Nike Uptempo Max teal sole you got in your avy?? Nice!!! i wish nike would release those!!! as for the garnett III the changes in this shoe arevery small. no tuned air, no obf logo and no name on the tongue... that's it.. we're actually really lucky that nike didn't screw up more!!

Back
Top Bottom