Any other Laker fans wanna admit it?

pr7r5hmjo8nuc1r7dgf.gif

"Any other Laker fans"?

"*passes the conch to the next Laker fan*"?

Language like that suggests that the thread was started by a Laker fan.

But it wasn't.

I'm confused.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

This has been weighing on my mind ALL summer, and I think it's time to come out and say it: Our title deserves a *
ohwell.gif
It just never felt right from the jump, guys. It just didn't. The Celtics were injured, and the Rockets (our toughest matchup) lost Yao. It wasn't supposed to be won that way. And the only way to right it is to win the title again, preferably versus the Celtics (but the Cavs will do, too.) But if the Celtics were to win the title this year? Welcome to our worst nightmare.
ohwell.gif

*exhales* Well, I feel a little bit better now that I got this off my chest. *passes the conch to the next Laker fan*

You need to be the leader of "team lakers."

I don't understand the argument of Yao being injured made it the rockets worse. Playoffs are all match ups Rockets w/o Yao is a better match up being theyare fast which is the reason lakers lose so much to warriors and bobcats. And another example is Cavs vs Magic. I mean think about it is it Lakers fault KG gotinjured? Is it there fault Manu has bones made out of glass? Because i don't remember those injures happening against the lakers. Lakers won it fair and ifrequires an Asterisk then we should go back every year and put one for every team that faced another team w/o a main player.

honestly.... as someone said injuries are apart of the game....we will just see this year....but we have this

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

"Any other Laker fans"?

"*passes the conch to the next Laker fan*"?

Language like that suggests that the thread was started by a Laker fan.

But it wasn't.

I'm confused.

if we were going by the op's inferior logic, i guess the celtics title in 1986 deserves a * because they played the rockets instead of the defendingchampion lakers that year

the 1989 pistons title deserves a * because they avoided playing the cavs in the playoffs that year who matched up well with them and because magic johnson andbyron scott were injured that series.

both rockets titles deserve *'s because they avoided the sonics who owned them when they played those years and because jordan was retired

the 1999 spurs title deserves a * because they got lucky and played the 8 seed knicks in the finals instead of a legit opponent like the heat or pacers thatyear

the spurs 2007 title deserves a * because of the robert horry steve nash incident and because they avoided the 67 win mavs thanks to golden state.

lets just go ahead and make excuses for every title that was won by anyone in any major sport while were at it.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by iLL Since 92

Lakers fans know they won by a fluke & if they say it wasn't they are lying to themselves. We ALL know if Yao didn't get injured they wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round. A dismantled Houston gave them a run for their money. I bet my SN they wont repeat.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No one gives a damn about u

Damn.

laugh.gif

Lakers fans know they won by a fluke & if they say it wasn't they are lying to themselves. We ALL know if Yao didn't get injured they wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round. A dismantled Houston gave them a run for their money. I bet my SN they wont repeat.
roll.gif
. with 100 something posts?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. sit down.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No one gives a damn about u
how u gon bet yo SN when 1) nobody knows you and 2) you only have 158 posts?
roll.gif

but sure, put your screen name on the line

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Makes you sound arrogant as a fan.

A championship is a championship.

Could it be more sentimental if the Lakers beat the Celtics in a Finals rematch? Sure.

But bottomline is, LA won another title, that's it.
This.

People all over crying about how the Finals was boring because the %$## ended 4-1. I was shucking and jiving all over the place.
laugh.gif

Last season had a lot of top-tier players injured. I don't remember a season when so many of the stars didn't even get to compete in the playoffs.Nevertheless, Lakers were the better team and a little lucky (injury wise) so they deserved it.

Injuries are apart of the game, but when key players of championship-contending teams are out of action it puts a damper on the title, in my opinion. Everyone knew the only team standing in the Lakers way were the Celtics, and the Lakers dodged them. If the Magic had beaten the Celtics with a healthy KG it would have been an undeniable chip for us. I'm just saying that's the way it is and you have to face it. I couldn't let the tears flowseeing Kobe jump around on the ..... Magic's homecourt? Huh. Wasn't in the script.

As for Manu Ginobili.... the Lakers were clearly a better team than the Spurs with or without Manu. Heck, the Lakers have lost and won playoff seriesversus the Spurs when he was healthy, so he doesn't make that much of a difference. And those older Spurs teams were better than what they were lastseason. They'll be tough this year.

Bynum & Ariza: Okay, I thought the Bynum excuse would work but it turns out that it doesn't. That dude was just an extra 6 fouls. The Lakersdefense didn't improve that much w/ him and they dodged bullets when the Magic were misfiring wide open looks. Ariza in '08 was too new to the team and didn't have the role he had last season. No one knew he was going to have the success he had last year so this excuse is nullified. Odom was the starter in '08, Ariza wouldn't have gotten the minutes anyway.

All I'm saying is the Celtics didn't get the chance to defend their title. The Lakers pretty much just claimed it. It sucks on both sides.

laugh.gif
@ dude tryna act big time by betting his username.

Seriously who the he'll cares about you? You sound salty as hell
smh.gif

and OP...u ain't got room to talk...u ain't no lakers fan
smh.gif

nobody felt sorry that we lost Bynum for damn near 2 seasons

does Boston get an *

how bout Detroit when Malone was hurt?

how bout Detroit when Magic and Byron were hurt in 89?

it's part of the game

i don't think ANY team deserves an asterisk

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

does Boston get an *

it's part of the game

You don't get it, champ. Boston BEAT us the year before. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. They didn't get todefend their crown.

Say the finals this season is Lakers-Celtics and Celtics win - how will you view that 08-09 title? It's gonna be like a Milli Vanilli grammy, son!

does Boston get an *

it's part of the game

You don't get it, champ. Boston BEAT us the year before. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. They didn't get to defend their crown.

Say the finals this season is Lakers-Celtics and Celtics win - how will you view that 08-09 title? It's gonna be like a Milli Vanilli grammy, son!
well then Boston got lucky last year they dint play the defending champion Spurs? is that what your trying to say?
this thread is pointless, two mods already posted in here and its still open..

does Boston get an *

it's part of the game

You don't get it, champ. Boston BEAT us the year before. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. They didn't get to defend their crown.

so i guess you don't get it either pumpkin.

the lakers BEAT the celtics in 1985

the celtics proceeded to win the title in 1986 but guess who they beat in the finals the tough mean intimidating houston rockets.

the lakers didn't get to defend their title that year so lets go in the way back machine and put a * next to the 1986 celtics based off your faulty logic

and for the record anyone who thinks the celtics are beating the lakers in the finals this year is drinking the same punch those heavens gate cult people weredrinking a few years back

Originally Posted by krapjnad

i'll take the bait...

bynum & ariza were hurt in '08.
so by making this argument, you're basically saying the lakers should get a *

laugh.gif
The underlying theme of this post is what obvious little respect youhad for the Magic.

Even though this post is pointless Im still answering it.
Lakers did their part while the Cavs didnt so the best in the west didnt get to play the best in the East so I feel thats the only bad thing about the Lakerstitle.
But besides that Laker won it all and there is no questioning it and you cant dispute it, disclaim it or try to put an "*" on it without lookingfoolish.

Back
Top Bottom