Anyone else get really depressed on their birthdays??

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

It makes you realize all the things you haven't accomplished you promised you would.
the !@*% does that have anything to do with birthdays

I hate my birthday and the attention. I usually turn off my phone to avoid the calls but its even worse when I get like 10 voice mails saying happy birthday.

Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

It makes you realize all the things you haven't accomplished you promised you would.
the !@*% does that have anything to do with birthdays
laugh.gif

it's true.. at the same time, it's a reality check. I told myself I'd do all these things for my resolutions the past few years because all in my mind was 'damn I'm getting older'. all in all, turning 21 didn't mean it's time for me to stop those goals. it only made me realize how much time I have to accomplish them, let alone set new ones. 

I am uncomfortable with the attention

Wish everyone would just forget it was my bday. I never told anyone in HS and College either.

Wife doesn't understand why I wouldn't want a party or to celebrate.

I just want to be left alone.

Don't let it get you too down. Reflect on where you want the next year to take you, and figure out the smallest steps you need to take to get you there. From about the time I was 19-28 I felt the same way every year, but then something clicked and now each year I get closer to obtaining all of my goals. Think big, but work on the details.

HBD OP

i just turned 26 a few weeks ago. just another day to me, just with alot of wall posts on FB.

i sometimes get really pensive. i often grade my year on my birthday also. i'm turning 28 in a little over a month and

despite having a rough year last year. i am happy with '11 and feel blessed.

i may even buy myself a new canon lens or a pair of mmm gats to celebrate.

and these days its about a dinner w/ famb and a bar w/ my closest friends.

naw you just need to find a way to celebrate. my friend went to Matisyahu last night for his 19th birthday, got drunk as @*%!, threw up a few times, but had the time of his life. 
you dont have to get drunk is what I'm saying but you should have at least one reason to be happy to be alive for another birthday.

Back
Top Bottom