Anyone ever used ACCUTANE? vol. 1 month to go

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever used Accutane before. Im on my last month, and wanted to see how others felt about how it worked for them. I heard itworks and helps even after you stop taking it. So post your stories and results

I took it back in the day and it worked for me. I hated the dry skin and lips in the winter though, complete hell.

picked up my last box today
pimp.gif

if this lasts when i'm done i will be a happy camper

I think I was doing 50mg a day and Ive gotten mad complements on my skin ever since then. Acne doesn't completely disappear but you will only get a pimpleevery now and then as supposed to constant blemishes.

I have like 2 weeks left finishing up my 6 months.

I had back acne and it's pretty much 100% gone now, worked really well.

Dry skin, dry lips, and occasional bloody noses suck $!$% though.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

I have like 2 weeks left finishing up my 6 months.

I had back acne and it's pretty much 100% gone now, worked really well.

Dry skin, dry lips, and occasional bloody noses suck $!$% though.
Did you try anything else before having to use accutane? I'm not using Accutane, but I am using Pantethine. It's working so its allgood.
pimp.gif

Everyone that is on, or has been on the "tane", how long did it take for your docter

to put you on it and what did you take before you got on it? I recently started getting minimal blemishes

and the derm has me on Tetracyclyne sp. of course im impatient and what the good stuff
smile.gif

EDIT: i just started Tetra like 3 weeks ago but still
laugh.gif

my doc put me on after the first visit...of course i had to do the reading and sign the papers

i had tried everything before and it either made me really sick or didn't work...so accutane was a last resort....

A friend of mine took like for about 2 months and doc put 'em off of it because it f__ed with his liver. It maybe him, but I don't suggest takin'it.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Everyone that is on, or has been on the "tane", how long did it take for your docter

to put you on it and what did you take before you got on it? I recently started getting minimal blemishes

and the derm has me on Tetracyclyne sp. of course im impatient and what the good stuff
smile.gif

laugh.gif

They only give you it if your acne is OD.

Tetra is trash and is what they give if you have minor acne.

Just wash your face good.

I was on accutane for 3 months and it cleared my whole face up.

My skin and lips were super dry but it was worth it.

I wish I went on it sooner so I didnt have to walk around looking like I fell asleep on a pepperoni pizza.

A friend of mine took like for about 2 months and doc put 'em off of it because it f__ed with his liver. It maybe him, but I don't suggest takin' it.

This happened to my cousin.

His doses were too high.

Once they lowered it everything was better.

You have to get your liver checked out (Dont remember how often, I wanna say 2 weeks)

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Originally Posted by miamib30514

smile.gif

laugh.gif

They only give you it if your acne is OD.

Tetra is trash and is what they give if you have minor acne.

Just wash your face good.

I was on accutane for 3 months and it cleared my whole face up.

My skin and lips were super dry but it was worth it.

I wish I went on it sooner so I didnt have to walk around looking like I fell asleep on a pepperoni pizza.

A friend of mine took like for about 2 months and doc put 'em off of it because it f__ed with his liver. It maybe him, but I don't suggest takin' it.

This happened to my cousin.

His doses were too high.

Once they lowered it everything was better.

You have to get your liver checked out (Dont remember how often, I wanna say 2 weeks)

- actually, acne doesn't have to be severe for a dermatologist to prescribe acctuane anymore. it used to, but it's gotten way more lenient. it justdepends on your dermatologist.

given that you just started tetracycline, i'd give it a few months before dropping the atomic bomb on your skin.
laugh.gif

- they test your CBC, liver function, and lipid profile every month, within 4 days of your next derm appointment. if you're a girl, they throw in aqualitative BHCG (pregnancy test) as well.

I'm just finishing up.

Started it June 1.
Began on 10mg/2 times daily.
Bumped it up to 20mg/2 times daily.
Now she's "weaning" me off and told me to just take the 20 mg/1 time a day.

Dry skin wasn't too bad, but super chapped lips and nosebleeds occasionally.

Honestly it was the best thing I could have done and regret not knowing about it sooner.
My face is so much better now, not to mention I have zero back acne which was rather prominent before.
Self esteem and confidence is great now and don't ever even have to worry about acne.

I tried a lot of things before this, from just OTC acne washes, to Duac topical gel, Differin, and Benzoyl Peroxide prescribed by the doctor. I was onMinocycline which didn't do much. Tried Proactiv as well.
This was really the last resort and I have zero regrets and would highly recommend it.
I am going to look into trying Mederma for scarring, which I have pretty minimal scarring, as my cousin recommended it to me.

I would post up before and after pics but NT is brutal.
Edit: I actually will post up some pictures because I really think it is worth it to see the before and after pictures. I can't believe how much of adifference it is.

So I just grabbed some pics from a couple weeks ago but here is comparison from June 1 to about Christmas time.
1ok6du.jpg

After pics are from phone

i never had any nose bleeds...my feet hurt but they said its cuz i'm not drinking enough water

it also cleared up my scarring...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i never had any nose bleeds...my feet hurt but they said its cuz i'm not drinking enough water

hmm i use to get nose bleeds when i was little randomly?
it might be because of the low dosage i was on for my scars/marks.
cleared up my scarring quite a bit but theres still some minimal markings.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

hmm i use to get nose bleeds when i was little randomly?
it might be because of the low dosage i was on for my scars/marks.
cleared up my scarring quite a bit but theres still some minimal markings.

well maybe its cuz i've neve had a nose bleed then..
there are no scars but i have a light spot on my cheeck but i dont think anyone notices but me

You will be clear for about a year....
Your lips will be dry as hell for a while...
You might have trouble sleeping...

I hated that stuff really wasn't worth it. Just let your face clear out naturally.

I know two guys who had extensive liver problems a few years after taking accutane. One even needed a liver transplant..

Back
Top Bottom