Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Yah I think most of their original programmings in 4K and I could watch it without an additional fee. I think there's even a button that says watch in 4K or something?

Wait, I'm paying 11.99 for 4k content. I believe you don't get it if you don't pay the 11.99? 4k content still shows up on the basic 9.99 a month?

Wait, I'm paying 11.99 for 4k content. I believe you don't get it if you don't pay the 11.99? 4k content still shows up on the basic 9.99 a month?

I don't think so. I think there are people who think they are getting 4K when they aren't really, or are on the upgraded tier and didn't even know it.. Netflix lays it out pretty clearly in the ultra HD streaming page: you need the proper streaming tier to receive 4K.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444

I don't think so. I think there are people who think they are getting 4K when they aren't really, or are on the upgraded tier and didn't even know it.. Netflix lays it out pretty clearly in the ultra HD streaming page: you need the proper streaming tier to receive 4K.

this

I have the 4k Netflix plan as well and you have to pay for the ultra hd package on Netflix in order to stream 4k content

Last edited:

this

I have the 4k Netflix plan as well and you have to pay for the ultra hd package on Netflix in order to stream 4k content

I mean ... How you know who frequents NT? Who's to say that you can't get the same sound advice here than you would in AVS?

sure, you have a handful of NTers that know their stuff, but their knowledge is usually drowned out by the ones that dont. the types that wont read up on the tech, then try to pass off on you what their friend or family member told them as gospel.

far too many cringe worthy comments and misconceptions about tech on NT for this to be a first stop for answers.

MrMondayNight had a real good car audio thread that lasted a long time. thats the only one i can remember.

That's what mine says - I have the 2 screens at a time package and if I want 4K I need to be on the next level - 4 screens and 4K.

Amazon just gives 4K with the basic prime.

The upscaled HD feed looks good though so I'm not sure I'll bother upgrading for now.

That's what mine says - I have the 2 screens at a time package and if I want 4K I need to be on the next level - 4 screens and 4K.

Amazon just gives 4K with the basic prime.

The upscaled HD feed looks good though so I'm not sure I'll bother upgrading for now.
?

Thanks for this. Just upgraded and am watching Luke Cage in 4K. Picture is incredible!

Anyone know of any sites that monitor the prices of TV sets/electronics over say a year's time. I vaguely recall seeing something similar to what I described, but don't remember the type of item I was viewing or the site.

Last edited:
[rule]Today:
nothing new at all ...

Sony been doing 4k and 8k for a very very long time.

Now the news in CES is the Sony OLED and 4K projector that can display 4k and HDR up too 100inch from just 6 inches away.

Impressive ..

Today:
nothing new at all ...

Now the news in CES is the Sony OLED and 4K projector that can display 4k and HDR up too 100inch from just 6 inches away.

Impressive ..
I saw something similar from Sony a few months back. Thing was like $50K and only sold in NYC and LA. Impressive nonetheless.

nothing new at all ...

Impressive ..

That sounds unreal. I know ultra short throw projectors exist, but they are usually way out of normal consumer-level prices. I would love to have a projector but don't have the space to dedicate to it, and my gf will not approve of living like a vampire in our primary space just to accommodate the darkness requirements.

So I'm waiting to see who has the sickest, largest OLED for under five thousand this year.

I'm talking about 8k ... You quoted something from 2 years ago that made no sense since thwrwa no 8k content and just came in here acting like you are Nostradamus and I simply said that Sony has been doing 8k for a long time. Wasn't talking about the 2.1 but neither was you since one post didn't have to do with the other ...

So no ... I wasn't wrong.

I'm talking about 8k ... You quoted something from 2 years ago that made no sense since thwrwa no 8k content and just came in here acting like you are Nostradamus and I simply said that Sony has been doing 8k for a long time. Wasn't talking about the 2.1 but neither was you since one post didn't have to do with the other ...

So no ... I wasn't wrong.
There's nothing to discuss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom