Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

So after a few days with the Vizio M60 I think I'm going to exchange it for the KS8000 55 inch. I love the size and the picture quality is ok but I was expecting a little better. :smh:

Trying to decide if the 5 inch decrease is worth the better quality, though.

Its is

Get a 850d if u wanna keep the same price range but get a better quality tv

Looking to grab a TV (possibly 2) for when i move in April. Looks like I need to decide if i want to pony up a stack for that 8000 or not. I wasnt trying to spend over $600 but i realize i wont be getting the quality in the 55"-65" range at that price

If you want true quality yes too low, about a stAck gets you something you can realllly be happy with. Might be worth makin a few comprises though if you need two. If your not that into quality and minor grievances are no sweat you can actually get decentttt sets for 5-600

Last edited:
When people talk about getting their TV "professionally calibrated"... Who are the professionals that calibrate the TV? Do you contact a local mom & pop AV store? Best Buy? I kinda want to get this done but not sure how to go about it or if it's worth it. I've played around with my settings a little already but want to see what this "professional calibration" is all about.

When people talk about getting their TV "professionally calibrated"... Who are the professionals that calibrate the TV? Do you contact a local mom & pop AV store? Best Buy? I kinda want to get this done but not sure how to go about it or if it's worth it. I've played around with my settings a little already but want to see what this "professional calibration" is all about.
zero experience with a quote unquote professional calibration but i do jack the settings from those posted online off rip and see if i dont like it better

technically the variances from unit to unit make it so that there isnt any one combination of settings thats going to look best every time but pretty close

i actually tweaked mine again a few times from the rtings.com ones i started with. im happy

If you want true quality yes too low, about a stAck gets you something you can realllly be happy with. Might be worth makin a few comprises though if you need two. If your not that into quality and minor grievances are no sweat you can actually get decentttt sets for 5-600

Yea im the type of person to get what i want and have no regrets down the road so i might just have to splurge the stack. Could possibly be gaming on it as well depending on what i decide for a setup so itll be worth it.

The second would just be a bedroom tv so im not really worried about that one.

Will be watching thread for discussion and deals

Rtings dot com and avsforums will help you with calibration just google your tv set name . They will have settings for video gamers, movies , sports etc. Usually each hdmi port will remember the settings/calibration you set it at.

With the right settings you can beef up the picture quality , reduce the soap opera effect etc..

Even youtubers can walk you through it too.

Last edited:
Rtings dot com and avsforums will help you with calibration just google your tv set name . They will have settings for video gamers, movies , sports etc. Usually each hdmi port will remember the settings/calibration you set it at.

With the right settings you can beef up the picture quality , reduce the soap opera effect etc..

Even youtubers can walk you through it too.
I always find these setting make sure picture dull and washed out.

I prefer the dynamic picture setting on the Samsung sets with auto motion plus turned off, while turning Game mode on when gaming. Son, I paid all this money, I'm trying to see these colors pop.

Just added a soundbar with sub to the 4K set, a very good investment. I recommend for everyone.

I prefer the dynamic picture setting on the Samsung sets with auto motion plus turned off, while turning Game mode on when gaming. Son, I paid all this money, I'm trying to see these colors pop.

Just added a soundbar with sub to the 4K set, a very good investment. I recommend for everyone.

I feel the same way. Did this on the samsun i bought a year or two ago and thought it looked worse

I feel the same way. Did this on the samsun i bought a year or two ago and thought it looked worse

Usually these sites are promoting the best settings for a home theater setup, where the rooms are basically pitch black with no lighting in the room. I've tried the settings on both, a living room tv, and a basement, home theater setting tv. The difference is pretty noticeable, but I definitely prefer the basement tv's colors in a dark room, as intended.

At the end of the day, though, everyone enjoys different colors and varying brightness. I know my buddy blasts the motion plus setting and everything looks like a soap opera, but he loves it. I, on the other hand, hate that look lol

After doing a bit more research, learned that most mid-range 4k sets have 60Hz native refresh rate panels. Based on reviews I've narrowed it down to these three 43" sets since motion blur and screen judder were minimal to non-existent:

Sony XBR43X800D - $650
Samsung UN43KU7000 - $650
Samsung UN43KU6300 - $500

Reviews say the 6300 is just as good as the 7000 picture quality and performance wise. The 7000 is not really worth the extra $$$. The Sony seems to edge out both based on reviews. Going to go check them out in person a couple weeks from now but leaning towards the Sony. Anyone own one?

Copped a Samsung 55" 6290 at Best Buy for $499. Was satisfied with the TV but did expect more.

But was able to come up on an open box 55" 8500 curve for $350. Returned the 6290 with the quickness, haha

Copped a Samsung 55" 6290 at Best Buy for $499. Was satisfied with the TV but did expect more.

But was able to come up on an open box 55" 8500 curve for $350. Returned the 6290 with the quickness, haha

$350? Got damn. That's a smooth come up. :smokin

350? Where? Pics of receipt

Haha, let's say it was a 'liquidation' sale. A friend of a friend got served some time and had to get rid of everything in his crib. It also came with the sound bar too.

It was barely out the box

I'm curious what you expected? The 65" A1E OLED isn't much more than the current ZD9. I would have imagined the OLEDs were going to be more.

I imagined that being only the second OLED tv maker in the states that they would have pegged their prices closely to LGs offerings. I was honestly expecting a modest premium over LG's B series line. I thought a 65 inch would have been about $4500.

Back
Top Bottom