Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I think he's saying that the best led is better than the best lcd. But when you compare mid tier to low tier TV's lcd is better.

I've been rocking with the LG 70UH6350 since September. Netflix and Amazon have been clutch with the 4K and HDR content

I took the exact opposite from what he said lol

Lol sorry for confusion
In most cases
Led tvs are better than lcd tv. Purely on technology

However the best lcd tv... aka sony z9d... is better than any led tv... in 9/10 categories.

I've been rocking with the LG 70UH6350 since September. Netflix and Amazon have been clutch with the 4K and HDR content
I've got the samsung curved 65 inch

I've also got the samsung 4k player and a 4k computer

friends come over and are stunned.   picture and sound is insane

Might be time to unsubscribe from this thread.  Instead of going with a 4k TV, I ended up going with a projector setup.  Don't game or watch enough movies to require 4k at this point, plus the entire setup is going to cost a bit less than any 4k TV I was interested in (and a lot bigger screen size). 

That said, saw a ton of TV's on sale at BestBuy yesterday when I was picking up my Nvidia Shield.  Not sure how "good" the deals are, but the dude at BestBuy said now is the time to buy the 2016 models, as the 2017 new models start showing up. 

I only buy things from Best Buy if they're open box or similarly priced elsewhere. The open box deals can be pretty good

Have you guys ever bought refurbished TVs? Specifically through Groupon Deals? My fiance and I have been considering getting a TV later this year but some of these deals seem too good to be true.

Qeustion, I know I'm extremely late, however, so LED is better than LCD correct? I recently purchase Samsung UHD 4K 6600 CURVED tv. Now I need to really do my research and see if it's an LED or LCD! Guess basally I'm on the look out for an LED or OLED tv.

Edit - Nevermind, it is LED
pimp.gif
LED is LCD.

OLED is an altogether different (better) beast.

TV manufacturer's know OLED is that deal when it comes to contrast ratio and black level. So what do they do: they make their tv sound close to OLED in order to confuse customers. All LED tvs are just LCD tvs with an LED backlight. That's not to say these tvs are ****: many are quite good. But they are not a cutting edge technology the way OLED is, no matter what the manufacturers want you to believe.

Last edited:
Have you guys ever bought refurbished TVs? Specifically through Groupon Deals? My fiance and I have been considering getting a TV later this year but some of these deals seem too good to be true.
Someone peeped that refurbished KS8000 on groupon :D

LED is LCD.

OLED is an altogether different (better) beast.

TV manufacturer's know OLED is that deal when it comes to contrast ratio and black level. So what do they do: they make their tv sound close to OLED in order to confuse customers. All LED tvs are just LCD tvs with an LED backlight. That's not to say these tvs are ****: many are quite good. But they are not a cutting edge technology the way OLED is, no matter what the manufacturers want you to believe.

consumers are just stupid and too lazy to do a quick read on the technology they want so badly

yeah, the manufactures do go out of their way to confuse the consumer, but you make yourself an easy target when you dont educate yourself.

countless websites out there all too willing to break the new tech down to a consumer level of understanding.

NOPE. people would rather listen to their uncles cousin sisters brother about what they like.

id like to see OLED survive, but i wont be shocked if it doesnt.

Ebay... 55 inch 850d 750 bucks

go now

via slick deals

meant to post this 8 hrs ago but busy day

Ebay... 55 inch 850d 750 bucks

go now

via slick deals

meant to post this 8 hrs ago but busy day
Damn $100 cheaper than I paid for my ks8000

still no regrets. from what I gather the Samsung is superior. still a good deal for anybody still looking

Just purchased LG 65 inch OLED B6 from Best Buy. Wanted to catch it before all the 2016's are gone and the 2017's come out.

Will be delivered tomorrow.

Hey guys, I currently have the Samsung 6600 series, was thinking about upgrading to the Samsung 8000 series. Anyone has one?

Thanks, about to do some research. Anything you don't like about it? Btw, is it 240hz?

Only thing I don't like is the quality of picture takes hit if you are viewing it from the side. That's a minor gripe, though. Yes it is 240 HZ (120 HZ native refresh) and it does do the Soap Opera Effect (Adjustable of course).

Last edited:
Only thing I don't like is the quality of picture takes hit if you are viewing it from the side. That's a minor gripe, though. Yes it is 240 HZ (120 HZ native refresh) and it does do the Soap Opera Effect.
So you have the curve huh? Oh okay cool. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom