Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Just got delivery. Opened box, put tv on stand. Sat on Couch....LG's magic remote control is dead on arrival.

Service rep states it'll be 7 to 10 days to get a new one shipped to me. Ugh.

Bruh 8000 / 9000 sammys are pretty much unordable at bestbuy. If anyone is looking for a deal, I'll go in first thing tomorrow and ask to grab the one on display. I told my neighbors about how new models are coming out and he went to bestbuy and purchased the 9000 for 1450 .. That's a 3200 t.v. when it came out and brand new they are going for around 2k.

In regards to OLEDS they are a beast but I'll still take a Z9D ....

Might look into the A1E.

And Vizio. . LoL the all mighty vizio that someone was defending so much ... Didn't they just get bought out? SMH ...

People in here be talking out their side without knowing.

Went to best buy today just to kill time while waiting for the computer to get fixed at another store..

Gotdamn I think the next tv I buy will be an oled

Is Samsung regarded as the best brand when it comes to tvs?
I have an LG that I bought a couple years ago but the led back lights just went out.
I replaced them once so I'm taking it back in for the guy to repair but I'm thinking I should just invest in another tv.

Last edited:
Just bought a 55 inch Samsung UHD 6 series. Picture quality is amazing and 4K HDR video is absolutely stunning. Got the hookup at Walmart and paid $470 tax included :smokin

Apple needs to stop playing around and make an apple tv that does 4k and HDR. In addition to new tv, and new receiver, I ended up buying a roku premiere+ to get netflix, amazon, in 4k because 4th gen apple tv is behind the curve.

Last edited:
Apple needs to stop playing around and make an apple tv that does 4k and HDR. In addition to new tv, and new receiver, I ended up buying a roku premiere+ to get netflix, amazon, in 4k because 4th gen apple tv is behind the curve.
Doesn't your TV comes with it built in?

Doesn't your TV comes with it built in?
yes, but can't be playing around with TV apps and listening to sound from the tv speakers...I have to run everything through my receiver for 5.1 surround.  And even though Audio Return Channel exists (running audio back from tv to receiver), there seems to be a lot confusion surrounding how it actually performs. 

Last edited:
Just bought a 55 inch Samsung UHD 6 series. Picture quality is amazing and 4K HDR video is absolutely stunning. Got the hookup at Walmart and paid $470 tax included :smokin
your tv doesn't reproduce HQ HDR papi, but glad you are enjoying it...

Samsung is not the best of the best. However, the KU8000 series hit the sweet spot this past year. It is better than the 850D at a slightly higher price. And comparable to the 930D which I think is better but at a lower price tag.

In regards to beat tvs, it depends.

OLEDS and Z9D are my top two and and neither are Samsung.

Last edited:
Bruh 8000 / 9000 sammys are pretty much unordable at bestbuy. If anyone is looking for a deal, I'll go in first thing tomorrow and ask to grab the one on display. I told my neighbors about how new models are coming out and he went to bestbuy and purchased the 9000 for 1450 .. That's a 3200 t.v. when it came out and brand new they are going for around 2k.

In regards to OLEDS they are a beast but I'll still take a Z9D ....

Might look into the A1E.

And Vizio. . LoL the all mighty vizio that someone was defending so much ... Didn't they just get bought out? SMH ...

People in here be talking out their side without knowing.

What size 9000 did he get for $1,450? If he got the 75" that's a steal. Bought my 55" back in August for around $2k and I see it going for around $1.5k now.

Just peeped the new models for this year real quick and didn't even notice a difference in specs :lol:

I got the Nvidia Shield TV, and it is pretty dope.  Does 4k, HDR, etc. 

Anyone know where I can sell a used 23" flat screen LCD tv from lg at for a good price?

yes, but can't be playing around with TV apps and listening to sound from the tv speakers...I have to run everything through my receiver for 5.1 surround.  And even though Audio Return Channel exists (running audio back from tv to receiver), there seems to be a lot confusion surrounding how it actually performs. 

ARC has been working great for me and makes watching smart TV content with surround sound easy. I did have to upgrade my receiver but it has been worth it so far

Last edited:
your tv doesn't reproduce HQ HDR papi, but glad you are enjoying it...

Samsung is not the best of the best. However, the KU8000 series hit the sweet spot this past year. It is better than the 850D at a slightly higher price. And comparable to the 930D which I think is better but at a lower price tag.

In regards to beat tvs, it depends.

OLEDS and Z9D are my top two and and neither are Samsung.

It might not be the top of the line HDR but it does support some form of it and it looks great especially for what I paid. I was a early adopter with the Vizio P50 three years ago for a $1,000 with no HDR at all so I'm completely satisfied.

View media item 2392631View media item 2392632View media item 2392633View media item 2392634View media item 2392635View media item 2392636

I'm able to play 4K HDR content from YouTube and Netflix flawlessly and theirs definitely an obvious improvement over standard 4K content. It might not be as ridiculous as those 2K OLED sets but damn this set is one of the best bang for your bucks purchases I've ever made
Yeah you're doing more than well, especially for the price you spent. Good ish!

Back
Top Bottom