anyone here suffer from Social Anxiety/Anxiety ?

a lot of hypo...people who fear/believe they are sick when they aren't.
personally i'm just very shy at times and simply over think. No issues just me being stupid.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

[h3]anyone here suffer from Social Anxiety/Anxiety ?[/h3]
Nope, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't get anxious but I don't like people in the sense that I like everything to be for me. If I got eat, it's better if it's not packed.When I'm on the road, I don't anyone else to be out driving. Stuff like that.

sure feels like i do sometimes, around people i don't know, or when i'm in a big group of people where i only know a couple of them. didn't reallyhave problems during high school because we all grew up together, but when i started college it suddenly hit me. i even went through a stage where i feltreally self-conscious just being on the subway or on the bus.
i found that i had to really force myself to try to be more outgoing and assertive. but i feel i may have slipped into my comfort zone once again haha - i.e. ichose to just hang out with people i'm comfortable/ close with. haven't bothered expanding my social circle too much. the main barrier was having mostof my closest friends in the same city as me, but at different colleges...

I definitely have this. When I was 4, I went to soccer practice and threw a tantrum for absolutely no reason. I refused to play soccer ever since. At aChristmas party, I refused to sit on Santa's lap, because I didn't want to be in front of people. It got better from 1st grade-5th grade, because all Idid was play basketball and I had something to identify myself as being good/the best at. Beginning in 6th grade, I broke my wrist and got worse at basketball,and the anxiety came back. I would avoid people like the plague. If I saw someone I knew from a far, I would avoid them for no reason. I used to hate eating infront of people. I thought they would think that I ate wayyyy too much, so I would starve myself. For the rest of middle school, I would overcompensatesometimes by acting really cocky. By high school, I finally went to a psychologist that tried to teach me breathing techniques and stuff. I don't think itworked. I eventually got over it by reminding myself that people aren't scrutinizing my every move. It comes back from time to time, but not nearly as bad.I still hate being the center of attention though.

Weird, right?

Back
Top Bottom