Anyone on NT have a felony?

Good luck with that. Just know you're going to spend alot of money. Good lawyers aren't cheap and cheap lawyers aren't good.

I got a felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, about 5 years ago. I received a 3 year suspended sentence.

It's all part of a lifestyle I'm trying to leave behind. It has made things very difficult for me.

I have been denied a very good job because of this F.

well I had a drug charge that was reduced to a misdemeanor but still servin probation... The interesting thing is that i have a corporate job NOW

ohwell.gif

[color= rgb(255, 204, 102)]Can't wait to get off felony probation and get my record expunged.[/color]

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Asking this question on NT
laugh.gif

this is not crenshaw son.

Yet he got his question answered by a few people so what exactly are you saying??

yea i got a accomplice to armed robbery =/, so stupid, just didnt wanna rat on my buddies.
and 11 graffiti charges

slide off the robbery with 2 years probation

and graffiti with 1 year.

ohwell.gif

tell your cousin to get back in school and get his mind right. learn a trade or something. to some people a job is sitting at a desk being surrounded by miserable people who all think each other shouldn't be in the position they're in anyway. i have family members with felonies and run their own LEGIT LEGAL operations.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Been charged with a few but always get reduced to misdemeanors... currently awaiting one hopefully the same thing will happen... I couldn't imagine trying to get a job with a felony its tough enough with a misdeameanor

I have 2, went to the joint for my last one
smh.gif
Cant get a job with out a plug these days.
[table][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SENTENCING INFORMATION[/font][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MITTIMUS:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]08CF419[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CLASS:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COUNT:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OFFENSE:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FELON POSS/USE WEAPON/FIREARM[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CUSTODY DATE:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]06/30/2008[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SENTENCE:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 YEARS 0 MONTHS 0 DAYS[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COUNTY:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SENTENCE DISCHARGED?:[/font][/td][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NO[/font][/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by jgalan713

How does getting a felony expunged work??
Anybody know?
it varies from state to state, but it takes a lot longer than 2 years.

edit: this site has a list of states and the laws on sealing/expunging records.

http://criminal.findlaw.c...ungement-state-info.html

good luck.
2 years 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 There is no way. I was talking to my public defender about how long my MIP would stay on my record and he said 7 years
indifferent.gif
 and it doesnt go off by its self. I have to go to talk people before they have it removed. 
tired.gif

there are alot of people with felonies, more than you think. It just depends on what kind of job. by the way i have a felony
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

Isn't there some dude on NT that went to jail before for a month or something?
nerd.gif

how old are you?

How come niketalk cant be 18 + ??

[h1]How to Get a Job with a Criminal Record[/h1][h2]
[/h2][h2]Steps[/h2]

1. 1
    Prepare while you are in prison. While serving timetake advantage of the many opportunities to get your G.E.D., start orcomplete your college education, or get vocational training. Goodpreparation is especially important if you have been away from theoutside world for an extended time, if you have limited job skills andexperience, or if you will not be able to return to your previous areaof employment (for example, if you were a bank teller and wereconvicted of theft, you probably will no longer be able to work inbanking).
    Ads by Google

[h4]Jobs for Ex-Cons[/h4] 1,000s of Job Opportunities for Felons & Ex-Cons. Search Today!
    www.CareerFinderUSA.com

2. 2
    Take advantage of education or job training programs that may be available to you.Government agencies and non-profit organizations provide a host ofopportunities for all job seekers to get more training or education.The experience and skills you develop in these programs can make a bigdifference in the success of your job search.There are also such programs targeted specifically to people who haverecently been released from prison. These programs usually also helpyou find a job during the program and after completion.

3. 3
    Eliminate jobs for which your record will automatically disqualify you.Your record may automatically disqualify you for some positions,especially government jobs requiring security clearances, militaryjobs, positions with fiduciary responsibility (e.g., insurance orbanking), and jobs working with children. If you avoid wasting time onjobs you cannot possibly get, you’ll be able to focus on realopportunities and you’ll be less likely to get discouraged. Mostimportantly, though, do your research. Don’t just assume that yourrecord will disqualify you from a certain job.

4. 4
    Be realistic. Honestlyevaluating your qualifications is important for all job seekers. Youneed to find something that fits you and your skill level, and if youconsistently apply for jobs for which you don’t have the right skills,you’ll quickly become discouraged.

5. 5
    Start small and work your way up.Understand that when a person sees your record, he or she may bereluctant to hire you for a position with a lot of responsibility. Thatsame person, however, may be more than willing to give you a chance inanother (usually lower-paid) position. In addition, it’s important tounderstand that the biggest obstacle may be the gap in your employmenthistory, not simply your conviction. If you want to return to yourprevious career, it’s likely that business processes and tools may havechanged substantially since you left your last position, so you’llprobably need to take a step down to gain more training. Get your footin the door, especially with a company or in a field that can lead tobetter opportunities in the future.

6. 6
    Learn about the employment laws in your state and/or country.In some countries (including the U.S.), employers generally cannotautomatically disqualify you based solely on an arrest or even aconviction (if the nature of the crime is relevant to the job, however,they may lawfully base an adverse hiring decision on this). This is whyapplications that ask if you’ve been arrested or convicted of a crimeusually have a disclaimer stating that a “yes

Back
Top Bottom