Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

Android or iOS smart watches are useless. I wont bother getting one until they are on clearence and it would be soley for app development.

Does anybody know if they addressed the upgrade cycle or obsolescence? Should people that pay $10k for the gold watch expect to have the old apple watch when the apple watch S comes out next year?

Does anybody know if they addressed the upgrade cycle or obsolescence? Should people that pay $10k for the gold watch expect to have the old apple watch when the apple watch S comes out next year?

People that can drop 10K on a watch could care less.

Definitely getting a sport maybe a silver one! Also starting my app development firm where im.

Going to be taking my first shots at mainstream with this novelty app for us startwars fans! 

Might be silly but those lightsaber iPhone apps got incredible amounts of downloads in its early days. Should be the first to do it for the iWatch!

If the app does well then I will buy the gold its so beautiful! 

Last edited:
Y'all seriously think this is gonna flop...

Y'all gotta understand the strangle hold apple has on consumers.

This thing will sell millions... More than 10% of iPhone owners will cop

Shoot I kinda want one for the fit apps alone. I just need to know how much these can take from an abuse standpoint. If I go hiking I can't have thins breaking from water, dust, and impact alone

But not gonna lie. When I first seen the debut, I didn't think it was worth a damn. Then I saw the prices and said NOPE. Then I seen a video of a guy playing with it that was at the apple presser and I got kinda interested. $350 is the struggle version. But I think I might go for it.

Fit apps makes the sport version interesting but what kills it is that it is too dependable on the phone.

Like it would be nice if the watch at least has GPS so you can track/map your run outside without carrying your phone.

I dont like the fact that from what Ive read its not waterproof. Just splash and water resistant, as in its gonna be ok in light rain but you cant shower with it.

Last edited:
Y'all seriously think this is gonna flop...

Y'all gotta understand the strangle hold apple has on consumers.

This thing will sell millions... More than 10% of iPhone owners will cop
it won't flop. sales may not be wild at the jump, but over the next 3 years there'll be growth. will be curious if they make it obsolete every year like phones, or how that will work.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The whole smart watch fad is just an expensive novelty. There are going to be people that by them no doubt but on the level of other idevices? Don't think so. There's just not nearly enough functionality for the price. Especially since we're a society that spends so much time on our smart phones that were paying more and more for because of bigger better HD screens.

Apple would have been better off developing Bluetooth headsets or headphones that integrated into ios and Siri so you could truly get some functionality while your phone is in your pocket.

if you're calling it a fad, you dont understand what apple is trying to do from a health standpoint. their end all be all goal is to have the watch detect illness and irregularities in your body.

Cmon bro. Of course thy will :lol:
so true :lol:

iPhones are a "fad" technically speaking. They first wanted to make them smaller, And now larger. Sooner or later the fad will be a flip device.

Back
Top Bottom