Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

Snagged the white sport 38mm because I have a small *** wrist. Wish I got the black but that shipping timeframe is too far out there lol. Going to change the band out with a third party alternative so no biggie I guess.

I gotta check this out in person prior to buying. The reviews I read yesterday weren't necessarily glowing reviews, and most of them said it feels like a first gen product. If that's the case, I'll probably be waiting for the 2nd gen. It isn't like I NEED this. Sure do want one though.

Snagged the white sport 38mm because I have a small *** wrist. Wish I got the black but that shipping timeframe is too far out there lol. Going to change the band out with a third party alternative so no biggie I guess.

apple got the bands for $50

Bah...im not cut out for this reseller lifestyle.   anybody looking for the white 38 mm?  $500 shipped 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
For the sport bands right? I wanted a leather band [emoji]128533[/emoji] but apple wants a grip for them. Couple third parties that are selling theirs for like half the price so I'm probably going to go that route.

I was going to wake up and pre order one for my girl but said bump it, she wanted one but I know it wouldn't get much usage. It seems that these aren't being massed produced so Apple can say they "sold everything they had from a phenomenal consumer response".

Apple isn't going to limit sales just so they can spoof people into believing there's amazing consumer demand. If there's a limited quantity it's because of production issues.

Decided against getting this. I wanted it for the health apps but I do t like wearing a watch while running because of watch tans :lol:

The fact that I'll need to have my phone on me too kinda defeats the purpose

im not an apple hater at all

but you guys really have an interest in this?

loll

NTrs got money to blow all day :smokin

matter fact wait till black friday these will be discounted

Last edited:
im not an apple hater at all

but you guys really have an interest in this?

loll

NTrs got money to blow all day :smokin

matter fact wait till black friday these will be discounted
it won't be discounted and you'll probably buy one in the next 3 years.

I roll with apple 90% of the time and couldn't see myself having nything other than my iphone 6, but phone watches period I don't get the hype. Just seems like an obviously overpriced fad. My roommate copped a samsung one for I think 350-400 and it seems like basically its only value is telling people hey look at me I have a cool phone watch. Might as well just tie a phone to your wrist they both would look equally dumb to me.

Watches to me are more of an accessory to match a suit or collared shirt. A watch that becomes obsolete within 12 months isn't something that makes sense to me. You buy a watch to pass it down to your son or wear it for a lifetime because it's timeless. It something like this would be $50 then sure, but 1k and as much as 17k! No way.

Last edited:
watch costs between 350 and 600 depending on which model. only celebrities and rich people are buying the 10k version.

How are those google glasses coming along? People said that it would be the future and it flopped miserably. I know that techies wore them in San Fran as I saw a few when I visited there back in 2013. It needs to be the right price with the right features and independent. It shouldn't depend on a phone or something else for it to use to capacity.

The WATCH isn't the selling point much how the PHONE aspect of iPhones aren't. The functionality is. So far the iwatch (or any smart watch) hasn't reached a level of functionality hasn't reached the point to deem it "needed". The fact that you NEED to have the phone to make it work already kills it. Basically, it can't do anything that the phone already can do. Until they figure out a series of somethings that sets it apart, it's dead in the water.

How are those google glasses coming along? People said that it would be the future and it flopped miserably. I know that techies wore them in San Fran as I saw a few when I visited there back in 2013. It needs to be the right price with the right features and independent. It shouldn't depend on a phone or something else for it to use to capacity.
I hear what you're saying, but you're comparing glasses to a watch.  Definitely not even close to the same level of wearable, IMO.  Almost everyone has worn a watch at some point in life.  Most people don't want to look like a cyborg with Google Glass on their face.  

As far as price goes, what's right?  The Apple joint starts at $350.  It's a mini computer on your wrist.  Movado watches, which are trash but somehow have been perceived as a low-end luxury watch, often start at double that.  All they do is tell time.  And I could list other brands that are VASTLY overpriced.  And those are just watches--they don't track your fitness stats, take phone calls, etc.  So I'm not sure what price you're looking for, but you're not going to get a true smart watch for $100.  
The WATCH isn't the selling point much how the PHONE aspect of iPhones aren't. The functionality is. So far the iwatch (or any smart watch) hasn't reached a level of functionality hasn't reached the point to deem it "needed". The fact that you NEED to have the phone to make it work already kills it. Basically, it can't do anything that the phone already can do. Until they figure out a series of somethings that sets it apart, it's dead in the water.
Dead in the water?  Apparently throngs of people don't share the same opinion. 
laugh.gif

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/10/apple-watch-sold-out-launch-day/  

Preordered the 42mm stainless w/blk sport band at midnight. Now the wait for the 24th. At least MKX will hold me till then.
But I can't **** with any other band that Apple made. I'll wait for the 3rd parties to come in and put out great stuff at a quarter of the price.

You don't need your iPhone with you for all the watch functions. http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/30/apple-watch-without-iphone-features/
Preordered the 42mm stainless w/blk sport band at midnight. Now the wait for the 24th. At least MKX will hold me till then.
But I can't **** with any other band that Apple made. I'll wait for the 3rd parties to come in and put out great stuff at a quarter of the price.
I admit I'm gonna get 3rd party bands.  Minimum $49 for an Apple band is ridiculous. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom