Anyone use a phone with absolutly NOTHING changed from the fatory settings?

My pops did for a good while with his iPhone until I jailbroke it for him to make things a bit more simpler/convenient for him. He's one of those who aren't too updated on technology so I had to make using the iPhone easier on him.

I rooted my phone to mess around, but I didn't really like it so I switched back.

Now it's factory software with an ICS theme/lockscreen, text-based homescreen and a custom wallpaper.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I do, I don't know how to do NONE of that jailbreaking/rooting stuff.
ohwell.gif
this

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

The minute I got my new phone I completely overhauled it. What's the fun in having a smart phone when you can't customize it?
It's a phone, I use it for calls, texts (BBM as well), e-mail, and a decent web browser. That's it.
+1

I also use the camera every once in a while.

i have an asus transformer ever since it came out. havent rooted or modded it at all lmao. i dont use the stock browser though. unless i need to use incognito *cough*

phone: my ringtones are all stock since always have it on silent.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by airedweezy

Not tech savy so im stock to the bone on my iPhone. Don't even have a case.
That's me as well.
Damn, y'all are playing with fire. I see so many cracked iPhones on a daily basis, it's ridiculous.

As for me, I'm straight OCD about what's on my phone and computer. Every setting has to be right. Blessing and a curse.

im on my second evo. and ive had to reflash it multiple times. all the hours i put into it is for nothing, so i just keep it stock now. still pissed about my angry birds that got deleted. beat the game.

I'm not one of those ppl that you'll find always looking down at their phones doing w/e. Bores me beyond end. So yeah unless it's something specific I'm not gonna change much if anything.

Most I do is download a few apps and set my own simple lock screen background.

My ringtone is still the default on my iPhone but the text tone is custom.

I used to have a jailbroken ipod touch but it just seemed like there wasn't too much purpose to it all (for me).
Yeah it looked cool and had a lot of custom features but I really didnt use half the things there and just didnt see the point eventually so I let my iphone stay the way it is.

only real thing changed on my iphone other than its unlocked and jailbroken is the wallpaper, and my ringtone is the beginning of it aint hard to tell before nas starts to spit awesomeness

IF SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME HOW TO ADD RINGTONES TO MY IPHONE4

WOULD BE GREAT.....TIRED OF THIS SUBMARINE ALARM GOING OFF

When I first get the phone.. ill customized it.. however if I have a phone for a long period of time.. I will reset it to stock..

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

The minute I got my new phone I completely overhauled it. What's the fun in having a smart phone when you can't customize it?
Because custom ring tones are for teenagers. I just assign different tones to different alerts, and a couple ring tones for certain people. That's about as "custom" as I get. It's a phone, I use it for calls, texts (BBM as well), e-mail, and a decent web browser. That's it.
I wasn't really thinking about ringtones when I wrote that.
I'm just sayin', if you're already spending $200+ on a smart phone and pay however so much a month for the plan, why not take advantage of the apps and functionality of a smartphone?
If you're paying that much to just call/text/email/browse, a BB or dumbphone will do.

apple would laugh if I sent my phone in for repair
laugh.gif

I have a colorswap and jailbreak. I dont pay for apps or ringtones
pimp.gif

only changed the background on my 4s. everything else is stocked.

i actually love the tones that are stock on the iPhone.

I haven't made any changes to my 4s,
laugh.gif

I might change the background but that's about it. When I was younger I cared about that stuff but now I really don't.

Back
Top Bottom